Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Diablo Photos
leadmoto
Junior Nomad

Mood: Froggy

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 03:08 PM
Diablo Photos

Never completed the trip report, but wanted to test attaching some photos. It looks like some quality was lost during resizing.
leadmoto
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 03:10 PM

Try again
leadmoto
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 03:12 PM

Quality Sucks
leadmoto
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 03:17 PM

Sorry for the Quality. Will have to try another software.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2006 at 03:22 PM

Load them to a free online site such as www.kodakgallery.com and link to that site. Won't loose quality without the compression.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 6-30-2006 at 05:59 AM

Wow... those are impressive anyway! The water looks so clear in those pools... but then, it was pretty darn clear in the big pool at Campo Noche too.

You're making me look bad... I'll have to try to get some photos up from my trip, but I have the same problem... loss of quality. Have to try Lou's suggestion to link them.

Nice job on the shots!

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
leadmoto
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2006 at 01:46 PM

The 3rd photo of the peak is about half way up the Canyon. Notice no pine trees yet. Still a long way to go to Camp Noche.

BajaAndy.... It was really nice having the water there. I went swimming 3 or 4 times on the way up. I have some other nice photos and a trip report I need to post, but don't hold your breath.
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 08:26 PM

thanks for the pictures, truly enjoyed them.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 08:32 PM

Couldn't get your photo link to open Jide... Here is the web page of your photos I made: http://vivabaja.com/jide

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 08:46 PM
Great shots----all of you

Sure makes me homesick---------Spent many a day and night at El Carrizo about 30 years ago, assuming that this is the canyon just north of Guadalupe.
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 08:49 PM

yes, David, I got to check with Tim to see what's going on.
Sounds like you had fun last weekend! Did you see the picture I posted on the board, of that one spot in San Ignacio?
Go check it out next time you're inthe area, you won't regret it, total exotic place!

Barry, was there a huge pool with a boulder and hot springs back then? Do you have any pictures of it from that era??

[Edited on 8-16-2006 by jide]

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 09:10 PM
Jide-----

----no huge pool, but there was the hot springs and several small pools that you could get very wet in, but not swim. I do have regular film pics from that time, but I have no clue as to how to post them.

We were there (Carrizo) several times in the early 60's, mid 70's, and early 80's. At that time you could drive fairly close to the hot spring, parking at a nice abandoned rancho on the south side of the main canyon. As I recall, the hike to the hot springs was only about 2 miles + or -.

Never been up Tajo tho, and would really like to do that. I have heard that the best way is to be dropped off at the top and scramble your way to the bottom, getting picked up by someone. I have also heard that it is really a tough descent, but very doable. I know several people that have done it that way. I never had a 4-wheel drive in those days so the sands of lower Tajo always stopped me from driving up the wash in my 2 wheel drive pickup with fat tires----but we tried several times---unsuccessfully!!! Big stuck!!!!
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 09:18 PM

Barry, do you have a access to a scanner? or even faster, a digital camera, you could take a pictures of the pictures and post them, that would be great.

Concerning Tajo, I would stay away from that area, at least until the No Trespassing signs(on the desert side) are taken out, ... my advice

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 09:24 PM
Jide-----

No scanner, and no digital camera at this time.

If there is a big pool up Carrizo then things have really changed-----unless it was located further up than I went.

So, they are "growing" up in Tajo, eh?? Does not supprise me, but it is disappointing-----pretty gutsy so close to the USA border, if you ask me. Having participated in many, many raids on gardens up here in the USA, it sorta gets my blood flowing just thinking about ripping up some plants--------nahhhhhhh, I guess I will just forget that. Thanks for the warning.
castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 3-24-2008 at 09:51 PM

Those are great pics, it looks like the hike is well worth it.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 3-25-2008 at 08:08 AM

Wow this is an old post....But timely.

My sister hiked down Tajo around 9-10 years ago from the top with her husband and several friends. My parents and others drove the trucks around.

It took them a good part of the day to get from the top to the bottom of the canyon where they camped for the night. Then it was a hellish hike out the next day with lots of boulder scrambling and very thick brush. They came into camp at the mouth of Tajo well after dark. The only way they found camp was by heading toward the Coleman lantern like moths :). My dad had told them it would be an “easy hike out”….At least it had been when he did it in the late 1950’s…

My sister would like to do it again; there have of course, been some chubascos since then and the canyon is probably less brushy. So she went on a scouting trip on March 15, 2008 to find the old trail at the top. Not an east thing to do as it is hardly used…..But, awoke on Sunday morning to 3-4 inches of snow! So much for that plan. So they headed out to the San Felipe / Matomi area to get warm.

Well, it's just another excuse to go to Baja.

[Edited on 3-25-2008 by Taco de Baja]

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.