BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: loreto bay is real! nay sayers pls. read....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 02:43 PM
loreto bay is real! nay sayers pls. read....

Friends of Loreto Bay,

Great News!!! Our first release down in Loreto Bay, on on Mexico's Baja Peninsula last weekend, was an outstanding success. We exceeded our expectations of selling 40 homes, and sold 57 homes [including 10% deposits for the December mini-launch to come] and had more buyers then we had homes and sites available. The next major launch will take place on February 14th in Loreto.

The Selection Day Event was intense and exciting. Many new relationships were formed, and some people who did not even know each other before the trip, ended up buying homes together. We celebrated on the beach, danced under the stars, and the Founders' Neighborhood community was truly born.

If you are interested in hearing about the Villages of Loreto Bay, and on getting on our Priority List for the next launch, please let me know. The Spanish Colonial architecture planned for Loreto Bay, the village plans, and the natural beauty of the area are astounding! The local community of Loreto is eagerly anticipating the job opportunities. We will be working in partnership with community members, and will be forming a Foundation to assist in providing affordable housing for the workers, for job creation, training in various industries and trades, micro-lending, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great holiday!

Warm regards,

Margaret Leck

Sales Associate

The Villages of Loreto Bay

21 - 21 Dallas Road

Victoria, BC V8V 4Z9

(250) 412-0971

1-86-MY LORETO 1-866-956-7386

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 03:49 PM
Yes, it's true!

Hola Capt. I have just been reading the bad vs. good about this project. Loreto needs some help, financially, but if done as they say they will it may be a very nice community. I'll be there soon and plan on spending some time there so I have a feeling I will get the low down on the whole shamole.Who's to say , unless you are there first hand and see what is actually going on! Thanks for your report and I will try to report while I am there as to what I see going on. It's not a CABO type of plan, thats for sure. Thanks for your help in the past re:flying down. Got some really cheap tickets! Gal Sal
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 05:27 PM

Capt. Mike. Can you get me an idea of when the first house will be completed with running Water. Thanks Skeet
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 06:32 PM
Loreto Bay

Is this down in Nopolo. What are the price ranges. Where do we get info. I heard a little about this while I was down there. Tell me more. capn.sharky@verizon.net
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 07:48 PM

www.loretobay.com
Annie T.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 11:05 PM
Loreto Bay Site.

Lovely site, a lot of sales talk,; not much solid information. Annie T.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 11:26 PM
There sure are a lot of Americans pimping properties in BCS!

It's OK if that's your thing, but the promotions should be moved to the business pages of this board. It is not appropriate for the General Baja Discussion section. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 06:20 AM
Loreto Bay

I don't see any problem about this subject being here! Seems to be alot of the "normals" are interested in what's happening. Plus I appreciated Ms Leck letting us know how their project was getting along, rather than "rely" on rumors & spec.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 06:56 AM
loreto bay

Steph - I'm not "promoting " this - only posted it as "general info" for "discourse, hence the gen discuss board.

This had been debated here on a prior thread which i found interesting.

i won't be buying there but i support those who choose to and then support the MMLT economy!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 08:33 AM

Steph. I will ask you not to use the Pi........ word. That is such bad launage for a Lady with your Class!!Skeet/

Time will tell about Loreto Bay. I do hope it succeeds. Did pou notice the short statment about doing something for the workers and their children.? Remember the three things that I would ask them to do with the Project? Hope so. But being some what doublful I will await the time the Money is coming this way instead of going to Canada
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 08:56 AM

Capt. Mike:
So you're not promoting anything? Well, "We exceeded our expectations of selling 30 homes" certainly gives the impression that you're not exactly a disinterested bystander.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by bajalera]

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Capt. Mike:
So you're not promoting anything? Well, "We exceeded our expectations of selling 30 homes" certainly gives the impression that you're not exactly a disinterested bystander.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by bajalera]

I think those are the words of Margaret Leck, not Mike.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 10:23 AM

Mike, you support those who choose to buy a home in the new town - then, as I've suspected, you're opposed to preserving Baja's precious resources and incomparable landscape, and join the greedy developers in their quest for exploiting the land. You can?t have it both ways, but then you?re a developer too, right? There is no other motive other than personal profit for this development. This is not about the economy of Loreto; the development is not borne of a need for housing. It?s the same ticky-tacky development that?s going up in Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Bernardino, etc. The only difference is that Loreto Bay is a priceless, scenic wonder which should be preserved, including it?s backdrop ? not cluttered up with this pseudo-euro trash (oh, ?Spanish Colonial? ? like the Spaniards hold some endearment in Baja.)
Quoted from the site: ?Our authentic pedestrian community includes a village center with a beach club, an acre of pools, spa, fitness center, shops, restaurants and hotel.? A fitness center. Gag me. Shops? If you?re living there, why do you need cutesy shops? Bet me a dozen tortillas will cost $1.50 at one of their cutesy shops. An ACRE of pools? I guess the Bay just isn?t big enough to swim in ? oh, yeah, it doesn?t have chlorine. Certainly don?t want to get any sand on your feet either ? and of course, the water supply is limitless.
Quoted: ?This is Loreto Bay, our unique Baja seaside community with villages of beautiful homes, narrow streets that are a pleasure to walk, an emphasis on nature and culture, endless recreational activity, all set beside the waters of a national marine park in the Sea of Cortez that Jacques Cousteau called "the world's aquarium." That speaks for itself ? ?beside the waters of a national marine park.? Doesn?t that ring a bell? Quoted: ?Loreto Bay will enhance the habitat and nurture the bio-diversity of the land it occupies? ?Scuse me? How will a small town nurture the bio-diversity of the land? Pure BS.
Quoted: ?Perma-culture, organic farming and organic orcharding to be established as an integral part of the development.? Please tell me why there are going to be organic farms and orchards using more land and water, where the vision is to ?nurture the bio-diversity of the land. I guess that?s where the plan to have ?A solid waste reduction program for recycling wherever possible.? (Let?s have an orchard and dump the chit there.)
Quoted: ?5,000 permanent jobs in hospitality, local businesses, eco-tourism, agriculture, local manufacturing, the arts and artisan fields.? EXACTLY how are these jobs allocated? I doubt this statement has much validity ? possibly in 2025, after Nopolo has turned into Rosarito.

Residents will apparently be segregated from "real" Baja California, within their fantasy village full of swimming pools and golf courses, rules and regulations. One can only swim and golf so much ? oh yeah, there?s the ?gathering places for lifelong learning, conferences and the arts.? Well, what else are you going to do in your little town of leisure, except learn to knit, watch movies and pee away your time bickering about the rules and regulations in one of the conference rooms. No garages, no boat storage. That?s one good thing - no gasoline spilling into the bay/oil and gas pollution from 2-stroke engines? But noise pollution from jet skis, water skiing? Apparently basic foodstuffs will not be available, or if so, will likely be sold at inflated prices. The residences are so close together, there is relatively little privacy. There will have to be a homeowners' association which will be expected to be administered similar to the business practices of the US or Canada. But Mexico is known for its graft and nepotism. A lifestyle of fees, regulations, board meetings, neighborhood politics, etc. ? ain?t America grand?

After all is said and one, it is planned and will become a private enclave for those who know nothing about Baja. I have nothing but contempt for the developers and the project. They've gotten special favors from FONATUR and are exploiting this very special site for their own gain. They're making a 500% profit from the homes - and they're lauded for throwing a few crumbs to the locals in the way of housing and jobs. My only wish is for a big hurricane to blow it all away.
Tread lightly.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 12:56 PM

Anon: I am disapointed that you are so afraid of your opinions that you would not give your name but I must finally realise that there are "Fraidy Cats" all around.

I liked the format of your discussion and they way it was printed but it has some glaring errors!

Their is a Sewer system in Loreto which for the past 10 years has enabled Loreto to be a Marine Sancutary. If there is money put into a good system then I do not think the Waters would be damages such as in Victoria BC.
Now if you are talking about all those Houses destroying the Beauty of the Bay I would have to disagree and I think your narrow minded words about what it will turn into. I agree that Cabo has turned
into a bad place of Bad People seeking the things those kind like but I do not see that the Waters have been damaged.

If you read my original Post about this undertaking you will see that I am not against it for the building of Houses but that I think it is a Scam and will contunie to think so until such time as the Money comes back to Loreto. We shall see.

I have spent many years living in Loreto,I know its people and I have seen what Fishing income has done as well as Americanos coming in building Houses in town.
I would hope that the money coming in wwill be able to bring better Medical into the Area as "Ericka's" little sister has a roving Eye[goesback into her head} which could be taken careof very easely!
There have been some issues in the Past that has caused the Medical Care to be some less than you find in Constitutuion!
Fly in to Loreto and within a few miles you can be in a very lonesome place.
We shall see in about a year from Now.

Maybe that Capt. Mike would like them to stay there instead of going to Mulege/
Skeet/Loreto.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 01:07 PM
anonymous, we'll never agree on this, and

who cares??!! I have some things to add though after reading your obstreporous whine...

The market will decide this issue, not you nor I. Yes, .....
I have developed property and I currently work FOR a developer building affordable housing in SD county where home prices are ridiculous, we're making a lot of people happy and giving them a chance at having equity and enjoying value.

I'm proud of this. We go through hoops you probably don't comprehend just to get the entitlements to develop raw property to which we hold G.D. fee title! that means whatever the environmentalists' lobbies require we adhere to - open space, restrictions to hillside, creating new riparian, school fees contribution etc. - the list is almost limitless and cost a fortune to comply with!

The earth will last a lot of eons more no matter what us humans do, and it will constantly change regardless of input of, by etc. its habitants, human, animal or plant. Get over it - baja will not even exist in geological time of the future. If you want to "preserve" some thing that's going to change anyway, put your money where your boca is , buy it, and rope it off and create the preserve for perpituity! If its so important as a seperate area, why doesn't Mexico do it - stop its potential for fair, managed growth?

That would be fine. if not, let the market , as it will anyway, decide what happens. You cannot control it no matter how much you'd like to unless you have capital......if you don't, don't try to play in this arena, it will eat your lunch big time!!

and BTW - i still have no vested interest in its success as a stateside developer or not! as i said - if they had my main interest at heart - an airstrip - i'd look at buying since the MMLT airport is too far away. Otherwise, i hope it goes well for those who are putting real $$ down to create and buy a piece.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 01:50 PM
Hey Steph,

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
It's OK if that's your thing, but the promotions should be moved to the business pages of this board. It is not appropriate for the General Baja Discussion section. - Stephanie

Amen!

the cmmercial posting policies on this and freds board is absurd

Freds board and this one do not delete commercial listings of those they decide to promote,

the ones they dont like, they delete.

at least this one is honest enough to be commercial itself

Arnold needs to be told about freds boards...paid for by the citizens of the State of California...not a penny of Freddys money, such a deal, eh?!?

then fred goes down south and pimps all day long
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 02:22 PM

Shame ! Shame ! on you Steph.!!
Skeet
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 06:28 PM
Do you think that was me, Skeet?

If so, what a dopey conclusion! I don't post anonymously. I don't even use a handle! Don't you get it yet?

And when I say something, I don't mince words. That letter is meant to pimp property. Nothing more, nothing less. Since Mike posted it, my comments were directed at him that he should simply move it to a more appropriate venue.

To anonymous: I didn't hit the report button, feeling that Mike should take responsibility for moving this thread to a more appropriate heading himself, but I assume that if someone reported it, Doug would probably move it.

This board allows a level of freedom of speech that has been wrenched out of Fred's board in a big way over the last year and a half. I see no comparison.

I do have problems with the favoritism I see on Fred's board, but with this board now flourishing, I know where I can go to be heard so it doesn't bother me so much anymore.

By the way, I am making an exception right now. Unless it's for posting a news article, I have little respect or desire to respond to anonymous posts. Put your moniker where your mouth is or no matter how much I relate to what you have to say, I'm not likely to reply. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 07:27 PM
Deary

Then take your blinders off deary, because Mike posted/pimped his airline on Freds board and its still there! Many commercial postings there, its allowed as long as you are in with fred/tim/whoever

I agree with you that commercial postings should be seperated.

Good not to mince words, but know thy subject deary.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 07:34 PM
Titled on Freds as...

"Air tour campanions wanted".

Freds board non-commercial,....... PLEASE!

Paid for by TAXPAYERS is closer to the truth.:O
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.