Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Bajacat to sharksbaja
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 10:10 AM
Bajacat to sharksbaja

Hey sharks have you had any problems with your truck.I have a 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 (Hemmi) and I will like to compare notes with you I have 36,000 miles most of them in Baja (thank good ) . and so far I have all this done to my truck.
1- radio was replace ( warranty)
2-Leaking power stearing pump (warranty)
3-driver side door wouldn''t open (warranty )
4-driver side door wouldn't open for the second time(warranty)
5-speed censor that sits on top of diff. was leaking and my odometer and speedometer where unoperable.
Dealer said I broke it :?: so warranty din;d cover it.:fire: they wanted $225.00 to fix it :P, I refuse bough the censor from them for $54 and fix it my self..

All this with only 36,000 miles on my Dodge..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 11:14 AM
HAVE YOU GIVEN ANY THOUGHT TO BUYING A TOYOTA???

:lol:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 11:53 AM

Doesn't the lemon law come into effect at a certain point!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 12:08 PM
bajacat

Check inside the driver side door and see where it was made.
Won't help but might be interesting.:?::?::wow:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 06:30 PM

Make mine Chevy or Ford
:P:lol::P

Happy 4th of July!!!

[Edited on 7-4-2006 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
Check inside the driver side door and see where it was made.
Won't help but might be interesting.:?::?::wow:
Bancoduo I check it was made in the good old USA

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 10:32 PM
5DMAYO

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
Doesn't the lemon law come into effect at a certain point!
The Dealer is not refusing to fix it so I dont' think it applies, maybe Im wrong:?:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 10:37 PM
Barry

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
:lol:
I wish the tundra was a little bit more power full and bigger too, but Im thinking of going back to toyota.Previously I had a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 4wd with the TRD package..... and had no problems, but it lack the power and space:no:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 12:16 AM

The next generation Tundra is out or out soon, as the Tacoma of 2005 and later is almost the size of the Tundra... The NEW Tundra is a true full size truck...

I have had my fill of buying garbage (American car company) vehicles after being burned so often... You have to learn... and the best cars I have owned have been made by Japanese car companies including two Toyota Tacomas, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and three Subarus.

My '05 is almost 11 months old and now has 31,000 miles on it... much in Baja (thank God)... no break downs, just noisey brake squeel which went away with new pads, soft ride rear suspension that bottoms out driving with people in the back and me not slowing down for bumps... Not bad and not like what you have experienced with the Dodge... Lo siento amigo!

[Edited on 7-4-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 12:55 AM
Bajacat to Toyota Tundra???

Gee Cat someone thought you were talkin' to them about Tagahashi chite!:P:lol:

Seriously speaking Cat, I have had a couple probs of which I repaired myself. From what I've seen, the 1500 and the 2500/3500 series employ almost entirely different stuff.
But to answer to those probs you've had, no, I,ve had no probs with any of those elements. Earlier in a post I stated my u-joint failure. Funny thing tho, my old 1968 Power Wagon has gone through many u-joints also.
My other prob after 40,000 VERY HARD FAST miles happened just before my last zoom down. It was a idler pulley which was screamin":o
A very easy fix w/one wrench and took less than 5 mins. THe dealer parts guy said he'd seen none sold.:?: Oh,.....it said "Made in Canada" . Earlier I mentioned it was probably made in China(Ball Bearing set in plastic.:lol::lol:
I just put 3600 mi on my baby in just 6 days with nary a burp! In fact, tonight after driving it another 10 hrs straight
it ran exceptionally well. I really love that engine/trans when it's dialed in right.

My advice as hard as it may sound is.... upgrade now! But I'd stay American. If one of those clowns with a Jap toy actually admitted to the probs they have themselves more people would understand that they only break if you use them!Otherwise why would you keep LEASING new and different ones:lol:. :coolup::biggrin:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 06:18 AM

aren't toyotas built in the USA...maybe i'm wrong

this isn't 1970:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 09:51 AM
Oh, I get it!

Foreign cars made here and domestic cars made.....in Canada?:lol: THat makes tons of sense.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 10:24 AM

And Dodge is a owned by acompany headquartered in Germany. :cool:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
I wish the tundra was a little bit more power full and bigger too

And I wish beer bottles refilled themselves endlessly........:biggrin:

Get a FORD !! F250/350 deisel !!
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
I wish the tundra was a little bit more power full and bigger too

And I wish beer bottles refilled themselves endlessly........:biggrin:

Kinda like fish jumping in your boat on command.:lol:
Buy American made in Baja!:lol::lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
aren't toyotas built in the USA...maybe i'm wrong

this isn't 1970:lol:

Yes at least 50% of the truck is made in California... that is why I said Japanese car companies, not made in Japan cars.

I don't care where my car is made in the free world, I just want to get the best product for my dollar... that is the American way... Not staying loyal to some formerly made here company product that can't hold up.

Sharks, if you think my truck has not been put to the test in Baja, then you must not read my trip posts or see my photos!
I picked Toyota (the first time) only after Ford dealership wouldn't deal with me and so many Baja Internet people owned and swore by their Toyotas (Neal Johns being the most influential).

I picked Toyota again (near the end of my 5 year lease) because I had NO problems, breakdowns, issues with my '01 that would even have me consider another vehicle.

No BS, and I don't get any kick back from Toyota for speaking well of them... I had fantastic Baja service from my three Subarus as well... with well over 100,000 miles on each.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I picked Toyota the first time only after Ford dealership wouldn't deal with me

AHA !! The truth is out, they wouldn't sell him a FORD !!!

What was it ??
Bad breath ? Forgot to shave ? Or, were you wearing your Geisha outfit again ? David, David, David............Just Kiddin !!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 01:59 PM
Uh David

So are you saying your ride(s) have never a prob. If that's 100% true than like I should have said you need to find tougher places to go. :lol:

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
So are you saying your ride(s) have never a prob. If that's 100% true than like I should have said you need to find tougher places to go. :lol:

That's correct... other than tires and brake pads my '01 Tacoma with 136,000 miles in less than five years had only TWO items that were replaced: A sensor and a water pump. Neither one caused a breakdown. A light on the dash indicated the sensor failure and during the 90,000 mile recommended timing belt replacement a small drip was noticed coming from the water pump.

My 11 month old/ 31,000 mile '05 Tacoma has had no failures so far... just the two items I have not liked (brake noise & soft rear suspension).

Photo of fishuntr's Toyota coming down the Widowmaker AFTER me in my '01...

Here is my Tacoma climbing up that grade on the way back out from Mision Santa Maria...

Last photo is my '05 dropping down to Mike's Sky Rancho from the south...

[Edited on 7-5-2006 by David K]

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 10:29 PM
Wow I created a monster

I didn't meant to stirr anything, guys I was I simple question. But that's ok we need the fun:tumble:
Sharks don't take wrong I love my Dodge It just gets me upset when dealers play hard ball.Im all ready looking in to upgrade my truck but not sure if I want to trade it for the new model (2006),. with coilovers. but right now Im doing my homework,Im thinking on the 2500 ram with the off road package..will see..

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.