Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Baja and trash bags
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 11:40 AM

Barry A that is not what I'm trying to say at all. I know I'm not a very good writer but I hope if you read my post very carefully and with a open mind you will get some thing entirely deferent out of it. If you read it with a closed mind or if I really did a bad job off it then you will come up with something like what you wrote above . in that case I will try again.:?:

ether way I am sorry.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 11:41 AM

Barry, Barry, Barry. I know you mean well, but number one, the amount of trash a ranch creates is considerably less than a town would create. What do you think the indians did with their trash? Opps, scratch that, they didn't have beer bottles and plastic bags did they..
Whats available to the people of baja has increased over the years and the means to dispose of it hasn't. It will take time, but they will catch up and change some of thier habits. I guess I just don't like the word subhuman attached in any way to the people of baja. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't want to import every law and rule that was the norm in california and turn baja into the very place that I fled from. Do I want liter? NO! But lets leave the people of this land to figure out the way to control their own problems. If they ask for help, then help. Otherwise just enjoy life.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 12:05 PM

If you go back in time far enough you will usually find a eureka moment for almost everything. for example at one time it was OK to kill anyone that was not in your own clan. and if you go back even further it was OK to kill someone in your own clan.

in some societies it has been OK to have as many wives as you wanted and you could steel them from others if they had Les power than you.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 12:50 PM
OK, OK, OK, you guys----------

I will back off for now, but I still think what I think, and it is aimed at ALL litterers, in every society. I am NOT picking on the Mexicans---------just those that litter, EVERYWHERE!!

By the way, if somebody comes into my house uninvited in the middle of the night I will shoot them, and have no qualms about it. Perhaps that is barbaric, so I guess I am NOT perfect.

Still, Nobody in MY family EVER littered, as far as I know-----it was a sin to litter, and still is.

I will stand in the shadows, now--------no matter how many take pot-shots at my rantings.
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 02:29 PM

I can't tell you how many times I have been on a beautiful beach in Baja and had mexican families visit for a day at the beach. The trash they leave behind is unbelievable. They make no effort whatsoever to leave a clean camp. That's my first-hand experience. And Barry, you kill somebody like that and you're a murderer. Period. Call it self defense if you want, but unless they endanger your life it's murder. Doesn't matter if you're a cop or just a plain ole' redneck with a gun. See ya.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 02:38 PM
Doug-------

--------I am not a mind reader---------there is no way that I know what the "intruders" intentions are, but I am positive that it is not good, and that it is illegal----------I do not allow some "intruder" to put my family in danger, period, when I can prevent it---------but of course I have to be able to articulate my conclusion that he was a life-threatening danger to someone----------then, that is not murder, by definition.

What would you do???
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 02:41 PM

Forget about that, I want to talk about the multiple wives thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I could never understand why anyone would want more than one wife.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 03:54 PM
Barry has it right on both points !!!!!

Littering is a sin !! I don't mind telling people when I catch them and I hate litterbugs.

Now what is this about two wives???

Quote:
by Barry
By the way, if somebody comes into my house uninvited in the middle of the night I will shoot them, and have no qualms about it. Perhaps that is barbaric, so I guess I am NOT perfect.

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 09:23 PM
Where the heck have you people been....

or not been is more the case. Take a look at the hollers of Kentuc5ky or the poor suburbs of many southern states. Every home or squaler has it's own dump. I saw piles of household crap dumped all over the logging roads till they gated them. Now the forest service roads get the desperados. It's a poverty and education thang doncha know. It's not just Bajas' problem and like said months ago; when it becomes a valuable piece of property for sale, it WILL be cleaned up, duh.:yes:
Why would Mexicans want to clean up the mess.... of someone else.:?:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 09:34 AM

es claro....... By the way, Barry, I wasn't taking pot shots at you. I know your very passionate about what you beleive. Thats cool... Me tooooooo....

Thanks once again Sharky for your infinite wisdom and impecable clarity. Now back to taking out the trash....:lol::lol:

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2006 at 10:15 AM

Bruce, I don't believe you really believe what you wrote. "Jose con Maria" or "Jose - 1992" spray painted on a boulder in a unique desert landscape with ancient pictographs, a flowing stream and indigenous fan palms is not "beautifying" it - it was already the most beautiful desert landscape on earth, and it was desecrated and marred by ignorant fools. I think "No Tire Basura" provides a clue that graffitti is not acceptable.

"a wise man once told me that nothing is wrong until someone says it is wrong." That is nonsense. Each person has the ability to think for themselves and make a conscious, deliberate decision based on their inherent free will, which separates us from animals. But if you must follow the teachings of a wise man, instead of thinking for yourself in this instance, then we're telling you it's wrong to litter and despoil public places and natural, public land. So that IS the new paradigm, and as a responsible citizen you need to do your part. In our city we have beach cleanup days, we have neighborhood cleanup days every other weekend, we have canyon cleanup days. In Lake Tahoe there are lake cleanup days. The Surfrider Foundation had over 1,000 volunteers to clean up San Diego's beaches after the 4th of July. These community events foster the idea that littering is wrong and gets everyone involved and gets the job done. A little leadership will go a long way.

How about some new civic pride? I bet if there were a community meeting addressing the problem, some creative ideas for a fiesta afterward, a big bonfire burning the trash, separating recyclables for pick-up by someone who is willing; sponsorship by some company or entity who will donate trash bags and pay 25 cents for every bag of trash turned in (Tecate or Coca-Cola, Bimbo); you could turn things around in a hurry. I'll bet you could get several sponsorships from US entities who promote trash pickup and recycling to help, including many travelers from the US who would come down to lend a hand just to join in the party afterward, maybe be offered a discount room rate at a hotel as an incentive In short, embrace the NEW - not be subjected to the standards of the past, where it simply doesn't work or make sense any longer.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2006 at 12:05 PM

wilderone you missed the point completely:?: believe me I don't through trash or paint rocks.:spingrin: and I agree with your ecovalues . but for you to disagree with what I wrote with out understanding what I was trying to say doesn't make sense.:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.