Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: TIME FOR QUIT CLAIM DEED FOR ALL MEXICO
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 04:13 PM
TIME FOR QUIT CLAIM DEED FOR ALL MEXICO

I think now is the time to begin forming a group of Norte Americano property holders (& tax payers) to petition the Mexican gov't on our behalf for simple deed transfer.

We need to be treated with the respect all property purchasers receive in the rest of the civilized world. Mexico, if you do not want to sell water front properties, don't!

I'm tired of all the whining about this situation while we continue to do nothing. It is unfair to us as the incredible assett we are to Mexico's and Bajas economy.

A Mexican in the U.S. of A. can buy, own and pass along any property, anywhere in the states (waterfront included) that he has the finances to purchase. The time has come to have a reciprical propert transfer from Mexico (Mr. Bill, check speling pleeze)

Please let me know what you theeeenk. I no longer have holdings, although Deborah does. This is simply a bunch of crap that needs to be addressed enmasse. (Mr. Bill?)

Time to get what we've earned! Kapt. George, Amerika

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 05:22 PM

that reminds me of a couple years ago a bunch of foreigners here got mad and started a petition because there is now bank in Mulege. when one of them asked me to sign it I asked him who he was going to give it to when he got it all signed up? he got a very funny look on his face and went away.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 05:30 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Great idea Cap'n. And after we do that, let's all have a big plastic cup of warm grape kool-aid and go lay down for a little permanent nap.

Seriously (if that's how this was intended, and I have my doubts), the amount of transfer and property taxes paid by Norteamericanos in Mexico is insignificant in comparison to, say, revenues from oil, manufacturing, service industries, tourism, or foreign remittances from Mexicans living in the U.S. Incidentally, the majority of U.S. foreign direct investment in Mexico is in the manufacturing and financial sectors, not housing -- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Mexico.

Simply put, Americans leasing or purchasing property through fideicomiso in Mexico's restricted zones are not, relatively speaking, an "incredible asset" to the country of Mexico. Mexico's most incredible asset is the foreign remittances it gets from Mexicans living in the U.S., which contribute more to Mexico's gross domestic product than the Mexicans working in Mexico. At most, we are an incredible asset to the landowners with whom we do business.

[Edited on 7-8-2006 by DanO]

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 06:04 PM

Baja Amigo, Baja

are not the landholders in Baja Mexicano's ?

Play Ostrich all you want, but you know they're porking

Oh, by the way, I hope you enjoy the kool-aid, count me out Rev Jones.

Tourism and property sales greatest GNP for Baja...

[Edited on 7-8-2006 by BajaNomad]

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 07:07 PM

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion." --Dean Inge:rolleyes:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 07:09 PM

BTW, for a small fee I'll give you a quit claim deed for anywhere in Mexico you like.:spingrin:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 07:23 PM

Nothing personal, but that quote reeks of a defeatist attitude.
in the entire history of mankind nothing has ever changed without some form of objection.
I do not live in Baja yet, and some people would say I should not have an opinion. I can not help myself so the least we should do is teach by example.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
BTW, for a small fee I'll give you a quit claim deed for anywhere in Mexico you like.:spingrin:

now that is the Mexican way:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 08:24 PM

Capt. George
I think that's an excellent idea, but I doubt you'd find anyone in the Mexican Government to find any merit in it! I've wondered the same thing, personally, I feel the fideicomiso is just another way to get $$ out of "rich" gringos. I agree completely that we bring a LOT of revenue into Mexico.

DanO, property taxes are the least of what we add to the economy! I have built 2 homes in the past 6 years, which means the $$ to purchase the land, the $$ for labor & materials, Seguro Social for the workers, everytime I go to the hardware store, or shop for food or clothing, the parking ticket I just payed for parking in a non-signed "red" zone (they're GOING to get around to painting it red soon!), the utilities I pay, my home & automobile insurance, every meal I eat out, every time I take my dogs to the vet, each doctor, dentist, or optomotrist appointment, when I get my hair cut, buy gas, oil, or get my car tuned up....to the best of my knowledge every centavo that I spend in Mexico in some way, shape, or form goes into the Mexican economy....be it directly into the pocket of the taco vendor or the Federal Government. In home construction & associated costs alone, I have personally infused in the neighborhood of half a million USD into the Mexican economy. And I am NOT a "rich" gringo by any means!

Granted more USD most likely come into the country via Mexicans working either legally or illegally in the USA, but I don't think that you took into account how many American, Canadian & other nationalities live here full time, versus the week-end warriors or the people who are still working themselves into a grave that can only spend 2-4 weeks a year down here. I feel that the full-timers here ARE PART of the economy!!

If the US Government wasn't doing such an embarassingly abysmal job on addressing the illegal immigrant issue, I'd say this would be a good petition to submit to WA, DC to use as a major international negotiation point! Both Governments HAVE to be talking about the illegals in the USA, I doubt there is much conversation about the legals in Mexico! Might not be a bad topic to toss on the table!!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 09:11 PM

I actually read an op/ed in the Wall Street Journal a few months back about this exact issue. The writer stated that there is a movement within the power base to change the Constitution to allow foreign land ownership. The writer argued that for Mexico to attract foreign capital, it must change its land ownership laws to reflect worldwide land ownership practices. If I recall, the writer also addressed the need to open industries to outside capital as well.

I haven't heard much since though.

Zac

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 09:39 PM

Land ownership is open for all except in the restricted zone 50k fromthe beach 100k from a border. Everywhere else you can just buy the land.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 7-7-2006 at 10:10 PM
Bad move

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz
If the US Government wasn't doing such an embarassingly abysmal job on addressing the illegal immigrant issue, I'd say this would be a good petition to submit to WA, DC to use as a major international negotiation point!

Our government would prefer that their citizens reside, buy property and pay taxes in the U.S. It could care less about the trials and tribulations of gringos who decide to make Mexico their home. If/when Mexico decides to expropriate gringo property don't look to Uncle Sammy for support. He could care less. ;D

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 10:11 PM

With all due respect buddy the conversation is solely about coastal land. I think most of us could not care less about border land and few about the interior. really the real issue is who has the intensity of desire to take action.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 04:23 AM

I think, once the new Presidente is in office, someone( a Nomad) with a better grasp of the language could begin to draft a petition.

If we all had a starting point, we could all add to it, get signatures throughout Baja and have it presented to the Gov't. I have a friend who is close to a very powerful man in Mexico, one of the wealthiest. He may be able to assist..

Any more ideas out there?? I think we have a shot, if we get organized and united.... george

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
The writer argued that for Mexico to attract foreign capital, it must change its land ownership laws to reflect worldwide land ownership practices. If I recall, the writer also addressed the need to open industries to outside capital as well.

I haven't heard much since though.

Zac

I don't think Mexico Must change anything. why should they make it easier for foreigners to buy all of the best parts of there country only to listen to them complain about the government.:o who needs foreign investors anyway. why dose every one want to change Mexico.:?: if you don't like it stay the heck to the north.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:26 AM

Well Bruce, who's going to buy the land if not foreigners? Does that not increase the GNP of Mexico? Who wants to change Mexico? Just want the real estate treatment as received in the rest of the civilized world.

you're going off the curve...I would not change anything about my Pueblo or the way we live there..just want assurance that the land "we" pay for remains in our hands to do with as we choose.

George

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 07:58 AM

if you want a guarantee then you are better off in Florida. I love the way Mexico is . I'm here for the adventure and uncertainty that it offers. If I could not stand the land ownership laws here I would buy in Florida where you have the best Governor and president in the world.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 08:37 AM
Dumber than Dirt

That describes anyone who seriously thinks that there would be a snowball's chance in Hades of foreign residents successfully petitioning the Mexican Government to change the property ownership rules.
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
if you want a guarantee then you are better off in Florida. I love the way Mexico is . I'm here for the adventure and uncertainty that it offers. If I could not stand the land ownership laws here I would buy in Florida where you have the best Governor and president in the world.:lol:

Thats an easy statement to make. Adventure and uncertainty that life here offers. Especially in regards to land ownership.

Let me see now, you are married to a Mexican national, right? And the property you are selling or have already sold is in your name right, or could it be in your wifes name and therefore not subject to ownership problems faced by the other foreigners living here.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 09:07 AM

when the list is assembled and sent off to the mexican government the ppl on this list could be promptly deported for for involving them selves in politics in mexico it is forbiden in the terms of your fido
but it will loosen up a little more beach front:bounce::bounce:

jerry and judi
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.