Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Addressing the edge
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 02:49 PM
Addressing the edge

I had a little game to play plying the transcarrera. I was watching how wide wheelbase motorhomes manage and negotiate the narrow lane. This game is very intertaining.

WATCH:how the motorhomes manage to keep their mirrors!
SEE: how every inch of tire width matters!
APPLAUD: as they survive a harrowing curve!

:!:pass with caution:!:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 02:53 PM

Sharksbaja you must have got stuck behind some motor homes on your way back north.:lol::lol::lol:

Glad you survived:yes:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 05:32 PM

Just give me the sauce. Damm the torpedos, full speed ahead. Houston, we have a problem. Play it again Sam." Where in the hell are all the indians" (origional quote by George Armstrong Custer at the Little Big Horn). A friend of a friend told me. Honest Injun. And they answered George's question. Ahh I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Nada...
I'm starting to sound like a loose cannon. "But then, a loose cannon is better than no cannon at all" Napoleon Bonaparte 1801. Well, maybe thats not the exact quote. My sources are al little old.

I don't know why, but I feel better now. BS going out, fresh air going in.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 06:16 PM
Now you see it!!

South on our last trip..
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 06:18 PM
Now you don't!!

North on our last trip...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 06:25 PM

yes but that is on the wrong side. what did you do hit a sign or something?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 06:48 PM

Oops, sorry Bruce. I guess that does require an explantion.

Came up to a Big Rig. He was traveling slow and winding through a canyon. We emerged from the canyon and had a nice straight downhill, 1 mile clearing. He clicked on his left turn signal for the car behind him to pass. Car passed no problemo. My turn, his signal still on and I pull out to pass him. He slows down to 25 or so and I'm along side him gaining speed as I begin to pass. He looses concentration?? and drifts across the center line :o The pucker factor kicks in and just befor he drifts into me he begins to pull back into his lane and our mirrors collide. I pulled off at the next turn off and we have a few words. He's trying to tell me it was unsafe for me to pass!!?? I asked "Why did you slow down and turn on your turn signal??" No response. Then he tells me "it was too narrow that he HAD to come into my lane!!" ?? So, I ask "what if another truck was coming at you?, would you have hit him?"

He wanted me to pay him $50 dollars cause his mirror was out of adjustment and already held in place with Duct tape! Not broken mind you. Just out of position. I told him we would meet at the Policia in Catavina. He agreed and pulled out first and was hitting it hard. Pulled away from me doing 70-75 and never stopped in Catavina. Never saw him again.

Bedman

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.