Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja Humboldt Squid attack
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 05:39 PM
Baja Humboldt Squid attack

Some of you may know our work with the Humboldt Squid. We are having a world premier screening of our new documentary regarding feeding habits of the Giant Hunboldt Squid on Krill, each other, and divers. The event will be held on July the 25th in Hollywood at the Pacific Theater. Admission is FREE so everyone can show. there are 1000 seats at the theater.

Short Trailer
http://www.seaofdemons.com/Movies/FlashMovie_5/NewTrailer_v5...

for more info go to
http://www.seaofdemons.com

GTB

[Edited on 7-15-2006 by gonetobaja]

[Edited on 7-15-2006 by gonetobaja]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 05:52 PM

gonetobaja any chance of that being sold on video latter on? Iwould realy like to see that .

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 06:45 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=18044

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 06:47 PM
Has this already been screened on TV?

I saw something VERY similar. Especially the diver with the armored suit. There was a sequence with a Mexican fisherman who's panga was disabled, and he tried to swim to a nearby boat and got terribly bitten.

I hope it was you, 'cause it was GREAT work. I liked the idea that they were not great predators of man, but if you were in the water when lots of their buddies were being dragged to surface with jigs it was a good idea to have eyes in the back of your head! At least.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 06:53 PM

I just watched the trailer...WOW!!! Will this movie play anyother place other then Hollyweird?
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 07:16 PM

Como esta guys,

All of the above work is one and the same. Our dive team Sea Wolves Unlimited are the same ones in the article, and the same ones in the videos, and the same ones on Discovery Channel. The release that is going to happen is basicly a screening to show some of the different distributors what we are doing and such. This is the first show in a series of show that we are releasing about the sea of cortez. This particular show called "Demonio Rojo" lays out the truth of the Humboldt Squid in stark detail by camera. We go through the thought processes and dives that led Scott to make armor, there is amazing never before seen footage of these amazing creatures. Some of the video was shot during the above mentioned article from Outside magazine. In the video it even features some flying footage from Baja Nomads very own Capt Mike!! Mike was actually involved in the Outside magazine expedition, His baja Bird is shown on video. Thanks to the Capt for getting us in and out with zero problems.

The showing right now is going to be in Hollywood because thats where the hollywood people live. the theater is 1000 seats and the admission is free. It will for sure come out on video, its just a matter of when. If a good distributor likes it we may make it a full 120min documentary and put it in theaters. For now I just want to share it with as many people as possible.

Untill then I am heading down to Loreto again on Sunday to swim with some more Calimari.

When they get close I just hold up a bottle of tartar sauce, its like holy water to those things......:spingrin:

GTB
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 05:30 AM

Good Job Dale!!
might come out for it.
that was a fun trip. Say hi to Scott for me, i see him on TV a lot.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 11:04 AM
Wonderful wonderful work.

The Discovery Channel show was super.

Thanks again for going where so many of us can't or won't.:o

[Edited on 7-15-2006 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gonetobaja
Como esta guys,

When they get close I just hold up a bottle of tartar sauce, its like holy water to those things......:spingrin:

GTB

That is too funny, I think I'll add tartar sauce to my packing list from now on for when nature calls and I have to jump over the side of the panga...

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 05:34 PM

Dale

When I click on the link to the trailer I get the title scene (which is beautiful, BTW), and the progress bar at the bottom, then the little pointer starts to move from left to right but nothing changes on the screen. It just remains the same with the "Demonio Rojo" title at the top. Any suggestions?

++Ken++

PS your story about the trip with the kids was great. My kids "grew up" in Baja doing trips like that and it enriched all of our lives.
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Dale

When I click on the link to the trailer I get the title scene (which is beautiful, BTW), and the progress bar at the bottom, then the little pointer starts to move from left to right but nothing changes on the screen. It just remains the same with the "Demonio Rojo" title at the top. Any suggestions?

++Ken++

I had the same problem. I re-downloaded "flash player" and it ran fine. (scary) :O :o
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-16-2006 at 06:06 AM

yeah Ken - you have to load the flash player. i did it with Adobe and its fine.

you can see more at www.gonetobaja.com

Dale - i have to be in phx on the tues it shows so can't attend. would love to see the aerial stuff we did - lemme know the minute private DVDs are avail!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 7-16-2006 at 06:54 AM

stickers and capt. mike THANKS - I downloaded the flash player and it works fine now. Loved the trailer!!!
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 07:53 PM
Its finaly ready for sale!!!

After many months of work we have finaly finished our DVD. The same show that showed in Hollyweird has been polished up even more and is now for sale. Its the story of Scott Cassell and his search for a child hood dream, the giant squid. When he finds out that there is a legend of a MAN EATING SQUID he takes an expedition to investigate. That is when he is first attacked. The documentary then goes on to show how he developed armor to survive diving with these animals. Footage includes night diving into a feeding swarm of humboldt squid and the now famous attack footage he got during his "test" dive to see if they where dangerous in the daytime. A great movie on the Humboldt Squid in Baja CA!!

You can buy it at http://www.seaofdemons.com

GTB
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 08:32 PM

to cool Im going to get one.

thanks gonetobaja

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 09:09 PM

totally soooo coooool!
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 10:57 PM

Man oh man!!!

Revenge of the calmari

Iflyfish but not for those critters
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 12:09 AM

:wow: they look by far bigger then I am ( and probably got more weight too), Armor or not - I wouldn't want to be their Snack! But looks COOL :cool:

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 06:35 AM

Pangeros around here told me killer squid stories years ago and I believed them. 7 years ago I wrote a story about an attack. It's 4 or 5 pages. Should I post it or will it just clutter up a good thread?
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 08:15 AM

I am very much interested OSPREY. Especially as a diver I always want to hear stories about marine life.SO, if nobody else want's to read it - then just mail it to me!!:bounce:
BUT I guess there are enough people on the board who are as much interested as I am. :biggrin:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.