Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Nomads land in cool Bahia Asuncion
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 12:48 PM

Quote:

But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota.

You did, however commit libel. I direct your attention to item 2a below.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1li?bel
Pronunciation: 'lI-b&l
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Anglo-French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book
1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 01:12 PM

Wow Natalie, your input is really constructive. I make a concilliatory comment and you try to regress into the previous confrontation. Maybe you should work for our state department.

You seem bent on painting me the character assasin (libel?), only I never made representations that the libel committed by others was true. I only mentioned the libel and asked Shari to comment. Make no mistake, I WAS talking about libel. But I put it in context of others having made those comments, and invited Shari to dispel any untruths. In other words, it was not my motive to impugn Shari but rather to address said libel so as to determine whether it had any merit.

So for all your Merriam-Webster snarkiness, I think you still miss the point...

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Snark

Pronunciation: 'sn?rk
Rhymes: a;(r)k

Noun

Snark refers to a belittling style of speech or writing. It could loosely be described as irritable or "snidely derisive"; hence, 'snarkish', 'snarky', 'to snark at somebody'. (The Urban Dictionary refers to it as a contraction of "snide remark".)

This word has Germanic origins and is etymologically unrelated to the imaginary creature in Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark.

(...and I can dish out the snark, if forced to receive it.)

[Edited on 7-29-2006 by sandbox]

[Edited on 7-29-2006 by sandbox]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 01:23 PM
Mean-Mouthing!

Brings to mind something that was passed on to me a long time ago. " If you haven't got something good to say about somebody it's best not to say anything at all." Have ignored that advice a time or two. To my regret. Shari, looking foreward to seeing you and your family(horses included) in a year or so.
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 01:49 PM

Fair enough Cypress. But when the locals I spoke to mean-mouthed Shari, they raised some points that made me very curious. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought it up, but I didn't think it would be taken so badly. I thought that either a) Shari would ignore it, or b) she'd divulge a little about the possible tension between Mexicans and Gringos in the area. Didn't figure on there being a "c)," so your point is taken. Maybe the post was not a good idea, but the vitriol it spawned is a bit much, don't you think?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 01:54 PM
Sandbox? Quicksand?

Let it go Sandbox.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandbox
KILL ME PLEASE

RESPONSE:

gladly! anyone who has enough nerve to diss anyone that way, and it may be true that you meant no harm but anyone who has the nerve to talk without knowing facts should not talk at all for they are wrong most of the time so i suggest you investigate and see for yourself what we are like sandbox, then and only then are you to judge us.

Quote:
Shari, I cannot name names of the people who have a beef with you because now I doubt it would be productive. I made the mistake of posting the earlier comment, and I'm not going to compound that by engaging the matter further. I liked the people I spoke to, and [I think] you're cool too Shari. I'm hoping this is all just a silly beef that will fade with time, though I doubt it.

RESPONSE:

so, your saying that it would not be productive, oh and telling everyone what "someone" said about my mom was???, you know what i think? i think you are scared that you just started something with no bases what soever and eventually someone is going to find out and my dear (or not) sandbox you will be the one with a problem.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
KILL ME PLEASE!

"I feel like a member of the White House press corps, reviled for asking a certain question and still waiting for the answer.""

Perfect reply in an off topic thread with no concern for others

"For the record - I didn't pass ANY judgements on anyone in my post. Not on you Shari, not on the locals. Okay I did pass judgment on the creepy gringo, but its pretty warranted "

You were only asking for Sheri to pass judgment on others and herself in a public forum, for your benefit.

"But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota."

The fact is, starting a rumor over hear say in a very public forum is slander. Childish at best. How old are you? It seems to me you lack experience in the human emotions. You sound more like a reporter for a tabloid issuing a Disclaimer. We have our token 12 years old...no more needed.

In fact, I thought I was kind of doing you a favor"

I doubt this, but if you want to admit to being that tacky............Well, who knows if you were a young gossiping woman?..Maybe.

? And apart from all the backslapping that goes on this forum?

This is not the usual, but your tasteless post made it a no brainer.

?I was interested in learning more about the 'real' situation in Asuncion. It is an issue of substance, maybe a little unpeasant, but relevant in my eyes?. Shari you always seemed very pleasant in our correspondence and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The issue is what I HEARD from people while I was there. I did not know them well, so I took everything they said with a grain of salt.?

This entire statement concludes you should have asked your question in private.

?Again, I admit freely: whether or not their gripe with you is warranted I haven't a clue.?

Maybe you have never lived in a small town. From your original post, I doubt you have that little amount of experience with gossip though. In fact I believe you are an enabler.

?There were a lot of things they said that I have refrained from posting?

Maybe the one thing that you did right, unless you have a personal stake (big question mark) There is not a reason for not U2U to Sheri. I am sure you know there are some of us thinking you may be the person in Asunci?n.

?I figured it would be a bit of a provocative post, but there is really nothing wrong with that. Perhaps some of the sensitivity I'm picking up derives from the fact you are using this website to promote yourself commercially, which is fine. But I'm just here to learn about Baja, for better or worse. That involves disclosure (maybe I'm in the wrong place?). Let's all remember that its easy to represent ourselves in a certain pleasant light here, and for this site to be useful we need to be prepared to peel the onion once in while.?

This entire paragraph smacks of ?I?ll pull your hair out?

The bottom line is if you reconsider you post and post a sincere apology even new kids on the block get some respect. Believe me it is worth it.

?And so I'm over it (and probably all by myself on that point). ?

Please think where this would be if you would have ask and explored in private.
You may have helped solved a minor gossip problem, that ALL small pueblos have.
Maybe a dear friend on both sides, that we all work hard for, and need. Life is a lot sweeter with dear friends. These little local problems work themselves out over time or sooner with a little help, if you really care. One thing for sure if you don?t help, when the problem is no more you will be on the outside looking in.
Albert

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 03:53 PM

well it would have been good to be a little kinder with your word choice to begin with, and on another hand maybe you should have don your "inquiring" on a more discreet level...what do you think nomads???

Visit me at
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 05:25 PM

Sandbox do you want to be shot or hung Lmao you were wrong admit it and apoligize to the lady and her family
jim grooms
denver co

[Edited on 7-30-2006 by jimgrms]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
... maybe you should have don your "inquiring" on a more discreet level...

Excellent point, SiReNiTa. Obviously your mom raised you to have manners.

Nena the snark ;D

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimgrms
Sandbox do you want to be shot or hung Lmao you were wrong admit it and apoligize to the lady and her family
jim grooms
denver co

[Edited on 7-30-2006 by jimgrms]
NO! NO! bro. You don't want to be shooting people. [IBEW]:no::lol::lol::lol:
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 09:22 PM

thank you natalie, and yes she did raise me with manners and a hard head if i may say so, or at least she tried her best...hehe...but anyway i think we have grilled the guy a little to much, so as soon as he admits he is wrong and takes what corresponds to him well...i think maybe we should lay of his case with a fare warning...sandbox: YOU DO NOT MESS WITH MY MAMMA

Visit me at
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 12:27 AM

Shari, baby, I'm sorry. Sincerely. Don't bother with the source of the gossip- it's my fault for spreading it.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 08:25 AM

Baby ?? ooooooooo ! :(

If Sandbox is married, it won't last for long !!
No sense for the female intellect !
My wife would KILL him with a look !!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 10:23 AM
Shari and Sirenita!

its great to have both of you here on Nomads and I love gettin all the info about Asuncion as I am looking forward to getting down that way someday soon:cool:

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 10:42 AM

Shari--you mentioned the land office in Santa Rosalia for info on buying land in Asuncion...could you direct me on how to contact them or see their listings? Thanks.
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 11:27 AM

Its frankie valli, so just relax your sphincters people. Everyone take a deep breath and notice that I apologized. You can all return to your quasi-legal real estate plundering now.

You'll miss the goat when I'm gone.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
Shari and Serenita
its great to have both of you here on Nomads and I love gettin all the info about Asuncion as I am looking forward to getting down that way someday soon:cool:

Ditto !! Great energy !!

Quote:
You'll miss the goat when I'm gone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 11:49 AM

:yawn:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Shari, baby, I'm sorry. Sincerely. Don't bother with the source of the gossip- it's my fault for spreading it.

This is about as sincere as women get so I think you have fortitude. Keep posting with a positive attitude and we will all learn and enjoy Baja.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.