Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Nomads land in cool Bahia Asuncion
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 02:51 PM

What are you doing in San Diego...? May be you should meet Sarah, a fellow horse fan? We are in the area...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 06:02 PM

SIReNeta:
My wife has a Cremello Mare which had a Palomina Horse colt which is now a 16 Month old Gilding. She went to Parelli<s show in Guthrie Oklahoma and convinced me that I should go to Alburqurque for his next Show,Which we Did. My name was drawn and I won the Level 1 for our Friends with us.
He graduated from Fresno State College with a PHD, I graduated from Fresno State College when he was 4 Years Old.
He is very Good-We are planning on going to Pagosa Springs for one of his Clinics.
I am glad to hear that you are into Horses; My experience goes back many years ago when I was a Cowboy on the old Spur Ranch near Spur Texas.

Good Luck! Maybe I will see you at a Parelli Show.

Skeet/Loreto
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 08:10 PM

Hey Sheri, I will be moving to San Ignaico in Sept and am a horse fan from way back. Maybe we can do some trades. You can stay at my place when your in town and you can give me a horse to ride when I am at your place.

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 08:20 PM

Here's one of the horses...the one on the right, that is...

Zac

[Edited on 7-28-2006 by Bajaboy]

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 10:18 PM

wow that's not his best angle that's for sure...i miss my horses soo much...and it would be really cool to meet sarah but i think i'm leaving next week and our schedule is a little tight but maybe some other time...i am spending tons of time with my god mothers horses witch three are peruvian pasos and three rocky mountain, of witch one is an extremely friendly colt of about 3 moths old...she is soooooooooo cute, but anyway thank you for all the info and i hope to see some of you at parelli shows or even better if you are in baja living there with horses then we can get together sometime and try out new stuff...

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 01:58 PM

Shari,

I was in Asuncion a couple of weeks ago and asked about your place. I hate to say it, but the locals gave me some dirty looks when I mentioned your name. Actually, people were complaining about you before I said a word, without solicitation. I won't delve into the details of their accusations nor name names, but I wanted to get your take on your relationship with the locals. It seems there is a lot of concern about foreigners conducting real estate deals that may or may not be legal. Although I missed you, I did run across some fairly shady Gringos who had set up shop there. Care to comment on the situation? I know there are two sides to every story, I'd love to hear yours. I was thinking about doing this U2U, but I reckon the community would be interested to hear the grist.

[Edited on 7-28-2006 by sandbox]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 04:31 PM

classless
tasteless
tacky

in you, end dough.:fire::P:barf:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 04:39 PM

should have stayed in the sandbox with his thoughts and out of Baja:moon::moon::moon::moon:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 05:40 PM
Asuncion locals

I've been going to Asuncion for the last 2 summers and have spoken about Shari with the locals. They have had nothing but good things to say about her. Don't know how these ugly rumors start.
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 06:09 PM

Sandbox it is proably sour grapes. should have been handled with a u2u
a little class gooes a long way
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 07:37 PM

Yes well, don't ya just love messen around in sandboxes...indeed a U2 would have been thoughtful but perhaps the sandbox meant to smear me in this forum...interesting though....indeed in small towns there is lots of gossip and it's oh so fun to mess with the gringos, but I rather doubt it was a "local mexican" as they don't usually offer character assasinations unsolicited. I figure I know EXACTLY who you spoke to as this fellow stops all gringos in town so he can "warn" them about us...and it would be interesting to know just who the shady gringos are, as there are only 3 of us here.
For you honorable Nomads, I will answer this briefly by mentioning that we did help out a fellow who got ripped off badly by a mexican man and so we leased him half a lot of ours....but he began dealing in illegal substances and doing other highly illegal things and so he was kindly asked to leave by the authorites...our lots are completely legal and my husband, who was born here is free to do what he pleases with them. It's kind of a long story and it was written in his lease that when he goes he goes and leaves the lease behind...blah blah....I don't think I need to go into detail, just trust me, we did the right thing and it was all legal. There have NEVER been any illegal land deals here. We have helped another friend buy a piece of land through a fidocomiso and he was very grateful for our assistance. We have never benefited financially from helping anyone find a lot...just helped our mexican friends sell their lots. My husband is an outstanding citizen, loved by most...but ya can't please everybody and somebody has always got some bee in their bonnet, whether it's an ex wife or jealous neighbor or just somebody who heard a nasty (untrue) rumour. It is always a problem in this country with jealousy and some people just dont want others to get ahead, or to do anything smart. Before I married my husband, I hear all kinds of kinky stuff about me that was SOOOO NOOOOT TRUE, but people love to talk about the new girl in town...soap opera stuff...they love it. But we get along very well in this village thank you...perhaps sandbox could come and do a poll? Anyway sandbox, too bad ya ran into the wrong guy...(if indeed you did) but hey....I know I'm a fine upstanding loveable person so all this is just water off a ducks back....(although it does pee me off). Somebody also called the radio station and they said the same thing so I'm getting used to it. Just some bad information in the wrong hands can get blown way out of proportion....so my friends come and talk to us in person if you want all the lo down!! We can swill a few tecates and shoot the breeze and eat some sour grapes!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 08:00 PM

And another thing....a big gracias amigo to SkipJack Joe....my heart sank when I read sandbox's nasty comments but I felt immediately better when I read yours...hope to meet you soon so you can see for yourself what quality folks we really are. (not bragging, just tellin it like it is!)

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 08:54 PM

I'll attest to Shari and Juan's character. They are true amigos! If you are ever in the area, definately look them up. We met many locals during our stay and all were friends of Juan and Shari. You know what you find in a sandbox?!

Zac

the picture is Juan, Shari, my wife Tracy, and myself

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 09:02 PM

right you are mom, and guys...i haver to say my mom is one of the best people you can meet, even though she doesn't know how to set a price...witch is why i should be her manager...(jokin')she is very loyal and has shown me that life is no lolly pop, and about the locals in asuncion most of them love her but as she already said you can never please everyone...as long as i know that she is the person i think she is then it does not concern me what other people think about me or her! mom keep up the good spirit you know i love you!!!
OH one other thing, any nomads who want to say anything nasty about MY mom, you will have to answer directly to ME an angry teen...no one messes with my mamacita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. thank's to all the people who stood by my mom with sandbox's comments...who know what he heard or who he heard it from but if he believed it, well i'm sorry to say he should find out facts before talking.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 11:11 PM

My wife Baja Barb & I also had the good fortune to run across Shari & Jaun's path. They are the type of folks that make Baja special. They invited us into their home and made us feel like family. Can't wait to return.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 04:12 AM

Shari:
Your answer was a Classic example of a "Women of Character' or more like "A woman of Substance".!
Living in Baja Sur and Loreto for so many years your answer was a True reflection of a small community in Baja Sur. Very much like Loreto.
My wife an I were in your community many years ago when there was a Factory making buttons from Shells{if my memory is correct}.
I applaud you Character and you Adventureous Spirit.
God Bless you and Yours!
Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Texas
Anon The Preadher
Skeeter Peter
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 06:10 AM

Shari,

Seems you have raised a very wonderful daughter !!
You can't be all that bad !! :lol:

Now did you say something about ocean view lots for $4000 ??
Hear that noise ? It's me knocking on your door in a few minutes !
Hope to see you this fall.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 11:33 AM

Muchisimas gracias a todos mis amigos and amigos to be...your comments are heart warming and I really appreciate your support. I've always tried to treat people like I like to be treated...fairly, honestly,warmly and with respect and it really does hurt my feeling that someone is bad mouthing me based on outright lies. We've been burned badly by more than one gringo but continue to treat each one who shows up on our doorstep like family.

Skeet, that button factory actually doesn't make buttons but they are playing pieces for the game "Goh". It is closed down right now as the prices dropped for them, there must be another cheaper provider. too bad as it was an employer of lots of women here and folk who collected the shells which they were stamped out of.

After thinking about this last night, something that struck me as strange and cowardly is that sandbox was very happy to divulge my name to everyone but for some reason isn't willing to reveal who is slandering us! What is that all about? I would really appreciate knowing who this or these people are so we can calmly speak to them personally about this and set them straight on the facts. We have a fine reputation here and I would like it to continue that way. So whay do ya say sandbox....are you man enough to help us deal with this little problema? I'd really appreciate it....and who are the shady gringos? The one older gentleman who lives here helps many mexican families and is an upstanding citizen and my dear friend who lives here part time is the most helpful, generous, honest man I've ever met. So who are these shady ones? I'd like to know so I can avoid them or at least judge for myself.
Everyone I know here wants more gringos to settle here as they bring their dollars to this poor community, the stores, the services, and folks that make friends with them...I have NEVER heard of any reservations about gringos buying or leasing land here. On the contrary, lots of people ask us if we know anyone interested in buying their lots. And yes there are lots available for cheap, someone (I won't mention names as this seems to be the trend) just bought a lovely beachfront lot with a house on it for $4,000. There are quite a few bare lots too for less than half of that. YOu can contact the land office in Sta.Rosalia to see what is available. But I guess sandbox wouldn't want to buy one as he thinks the village doesn't like gringos.......

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 11:58 AM

Know what, Shari? Sandbox didn't talk to anyone, locals or not... posted that because it's what he/she regards as fun. You spoke for yourself and your family quite eloquently, as did your dear daughter. Many good folks on this board have met you or know of you, and along with the rest of us they know these accusations to be the rantings of a simple mind. You're good people. My suggestion is you try to forget this nasty incident... it's not worthy of any more of your time.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
sandbox

[*] posted on 7-29-2006 at 12:33 PM

KILL ME PLEASE!

...because I'm the messenger and my death will prove, er, something. I feel like a member of the White House press corps, reviled for asking a certain question and still waiting for the answer.

For the record - I didn't pass ANY judgements on anyone in my post. Not on you Shari, not on the locals. Okay I did pass judgement on the creepy gringo, but its pretty warranted (its not the person you mentioned- keep looking, its a small town).

But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota. In fact, I thought I was kind of doing you a favor by letting you know. And apart from all the backslapping that goes on this forum, I was interested in learning more about the 'real' situation in Asuncion. It is an issue of substance, maybe a little unpeasant, but relevant in my eyes. Shari you always seemed very pleasant in our correspondence and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The issue is what I HEARD from people while I was there. I did not know them well, so I took everything they said with a grain of salt. Again, I admit freely: whether or not their gripe with you is warranted I haven't a clue. All I know is that there is some tension b/t you and some of the Mexicans. That is apparently a FACT (over which I have no control, btw). There were a lot of things they said that I have refrained from posting, keep in mind (and won't post fyi). I even said in my post that I knew there two sides to every story, and that was the entire reason I mentioned it.

I figured it would be a bit of a provocative post, but there is really nothing wrong with that. Perhaps some of the sensitivity I'm picking up derives from the fact you are using this website to promote yourself commercially, which is fine. But I'm just here to learn about Baja, for better or worse. That involves disclosure (maybe I'm in the wrong place?). Let's all remember that its easy to represent ourselves in a certain pleasant light here, and for this site to be useful we need to be prepared to peel the onion once in while.

Shari, I cannot name names of the people who have a beef with you because now I doubt it would be productive. I made the mistake of posting the earlier comment, and I'm not going to compound that by engaging the matter further. I liked the people I spoke to, and [I think] you're cool too Shari. I'm hoping this is all just a silly beef that will fade with time, though I doubt it.

And so I'm over it (and probably all by myself on that point).
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.