BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Question on leasing a lot.
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2006 at 07:55 PM
Question on leasing a lot.

Hello all. I am buying a lot in San Lucas (south of Santa Rosilia). The lot has a 220/110 power hookup for a RV, as well as sewer connection (sand pit). The property is located on the west side of Mex 1, about a half mile from the beach. If I wanted to lease out the lot for 1-6 months, what is the going rate to charge? I am just floating the idea at this time. Thanks
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 12:01 PM

any other properties in that location leasing? I would think that would be the best way to get, at least, a ballpark figure...

Lease, don't buy. Can't see buying, no truly legal deed available in Baja.

Maybe, they'll come into the 21st century... george

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 05:56 PM

I believe the trailers in the cove pay somewhere around a grand a year to lease a little spot in the trailer park.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 06:31 PM

but the park has water front or close to it do you have water?? im not sure but i wouldnt count on ppl leasing that far from the water personally i wouldnt invest too much in it

hea george didnt you sell your property in baja with a legal deed if not theres gona be some hot ppl

jerry and judi
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 11:59 PM

sold my property through my Mexican Corp. All the i's dotted and t's crossed by a "duly licensed Notario"..........

no hassle there but we all know about the FC rip off. That is my point.

simple quitclaim deed as the rest of the civilized world..

Jerry, you married to a Mexican? Then this is a subject not suited to your views. Have a great day Capt.G

Selling the Corp, wanna buy it? adios!

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 06:28 AM

I believe that he says that he already owns the property and wants to lease it. The only problem I can think of is to be careful to whom you lease. Getting people off your property once they have moved in can be a challange.

And George in answer to your earlier question on another thread....yes I own property here. One lot with a house on it where I live and one undeveloped. I have no problem with the way the property rights are set up. FYI, Mexico is not the only country in the world that has this kind of arrangement for non-citizens to own property. It is very common in Asia and was once the only way to own property in th UK.

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 06:39 AM

I'm just thrilled beyond words for all of you that are satisfied with your arrangement.

I hope you get to keep your properties within your families.

George

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 08:18 AM
Breakfast

Georgie, Wikipedia just informed me that more U.S. citizens live in Mexico than any other foreign country. There are about 500,000 of us with homes here. We are all going to sell out, follow you to Alaska. How about if we join you for a big ole breakfast of sour grapes.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:23 AM

Most of the 500,000 on the mainland with deeded property..

really not going to Alasksa, going to Bosnia, why don't you all come for sausage and bullets? on me!

my address is:

666 Genocide Lane
BigPit, Bosnis 666-666

phone # area code 666 666-6660

can't wait for your visit Beezlebub

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:47 AM

no im not married to a mexican
quit claim deed are dinasore theres no gaurentee of clear title lein and other problems will follow the property the new buyer has no way of knowing what hes buying problems
i heard of someone using someone elses corporation to pass property throu to side step the f.c.?? will that work??
i would never buy somone elses corperation for any reason in mexico a corporation can owe a bunch and the new owner can stuck with lien, taxes, unpaid bills, and there no way to know whats going to show up

jerry and judi
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 10:06 AM

there are surely no gauruntees with a FC

we know it, everybody knows it

that's the way it is...owning anything in Mexico is no longer for me.

will I still visit, absolutely! do I still love Abreojos, absolutely..

will I live for long periods of time, without the same purchasing rights as Nationals....absolutely not.

to each his own.

oh jery, thanx four the boost on my corp. I will surly try to do the sam for you one day. I don't eeven no you and I dislike you. gp

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 10:16 AM

from what i gear of you you dislike a lot of things you dont know about so im just a little fish
i have the right to say what i believe about buying a corporation just as you have the right to express yours about owning land in mexico THAT IS A LEVAL PLAYING FIELD

jerry and judi
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 10:45 AM
private property?

i live in a country that issues a title to private property.....however,,.if im CHARGED with a crime it can be seized and sold at auction.....if the county thinks it will geretate more taxes with a different owner(such as a resort or hotel, this recently happened on the east coast) they can take it from me and resell it, if the government wants it to build a road, they can take it. if i dont pay the rent (called property tax) it will be taken. and if i want to leave it to my children, that will take government approval and be subject to taxes....or just taken by the government if my children cant pay the tax the government demands.......lets not kid our selves and think that i the "land of the free" that there exists such a thing as privately owned property.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 03:31 PM

Leasing. Would rather lease a little rather than a lot most of the time.:biggrin::biggrin:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 03:38 PM

in the words of the King, and we know there is only one King,

"it's over, it's over, IT'S OVER!!

at least for me. jerry, you see I'm trying to sell corp & you immediately follow it with a statement like that...you were not just saying what you chose to say. you were saying it with the intent to cause me monetary harm...not too cool.

George

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 04:22 PM

Capt. George

I'm afraid you laid the groundwork for Jerrys reply on your corp. for sale, being that you think Mexican ownership is not secure. I'm sure it won't hurt too much since I see you are a member of that!!!!! club.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 05:26 PM

Of what practical purpose is a Mexican Corporation? and why would I want to buy one?

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:00 PM

i was just mentioning my position on buying a corp its was on another thread that you started about the quitcliam after your mention that your corp is for sale i can see the connection between the 2 ??

aside from that george you really dont know me do you you dont even remember when you thrashed me in herewhen i asked about your trailer last dec?? jan?? then threatened me
i guess thats your methed of opperation?? well try it in alaska and the bears just might eat the evidence
oh one more thing
you may not like the oregon coast the wind blows and i dont thing you can handel the compation

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:08 PM

a corperation in mexico is for a spisific reason and unless it spells it out you cant do it and to change it is allmost imposable
unlike the states
there are allso reporting and taxes unlesss doing business in mexico i would stear clear of it that my opinion get professional help

jerry and judi

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.