BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Good News ! Praise the Lord ! Hallelujah !
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 05:10 PM
Good News ! Praise the Lord ! Hallelujah !

I just spoke with a friend from Gonzaga who came North last night and he said that the government is hard at work repaving the last 14 miles into Puertecitos.. Wonders never cease. Hopefully, they'll finish before they run out of money or materials. Quien Sabe ?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 05:25 PM

There goes the neighborhood----

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 11:45 PM

good roads etc., etc

capt g

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 06:19 AM

who cares??:yawn: there's no maintenance..........................

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 06:50 AM
Good

More hot dogs y cervesas @ Cowpatty without testing the limits of our suspension systems. Potholes are overated by some.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 08:38 AM
Bullio - Buenos Dias, You All

Well, shucks Kemosabe, I can palaver pretty OK in that there lingo when I need to parley with the natives.

No, my father was never known as the Lone Ranger, as far as I can recollect. He was known by a lot of names that I can't repeat in a family forum. I called him a few of those myself. Unlike you, I did know who my father was, though.

"Hi-Yo Silver, Away"
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:19 AM

i did know who my father was

thanx for the laugh, you obnoxious bast (oops, you said you knew him)

lo siento Mr Bill

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 10:53 AM
Bill, you scoundrel !!! Lou , yer RIGHT !!

I am lucky to be able to fly "most of the times" .

The times (every month) that I have to drive that %^4#%$^, road I spend plenty of time cussing and praying !!
But I would rather it stay "unmaintained " so as to keep some of the traffic out !!

I have seen a large increase in the amout of traffic south of Mexicali and around San Felipe. The safety factor is decreasing .

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 08:51 PM

Well, don't forget who bought some land in Gonzaga... I'm in Puerto Penasco (a couple beers into the night), but President Fox's wife family bought some land there last year, and sources say a cabinet member is looking now.

The road will be paved to Gonzaga sooner than later and not like the local gov't has always said, this is for real I believe.

Ted

tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:11 PM

That is one bad road I have always wished was even worse....we don't need any more 'easy' access. But as I conveyed on this board a couple of years ago...it is a done deal!

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
Well, don't forget who bought some land in Gonzaga... I'm in Puerto Penasco (a couple beers into the night), but President Fox's wife family bought some land there last year, and sources say a cabinet member is looking now.

The road will be paved to Gonzaga sooner than later and not like the local gov't has always said, this is for real I believe.

Ted

President Fox's wife gets around. She bought land inLoreto too, or so the rumors say, and that's why they will pave the road to San Javier.:biggrin:
beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:27 PM
A rumor that cannot be confirmed !!

I had another one a couple days ago from a former resident of Punta Final ---GAS has been discovered in Puertecitos !!!!!!!!!!!!! I told them that the Pemex station wasn't open !!

Oh, that is why they are building the LPG terminal at Ensenada , the rumor said !!???? Hmmmmmm????

Tim 40 ---errr is that you Tim Y.????

beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2006 at 09:31 PM
Later rather than sooner ---

Ted , the current forces --working on the road are "only going to Puertecitos" at this time .

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 08:52 AM
Urban Fable ?

I have yet to see any authoritative confirmation of these "Land Deal" rumors. Interestingly, those closest to the area in question are the most skeptical.

Proof, Anyone ?

I can sympathize with those to the South who regret the road improvement. I felt the same when the highway South of San Felipe was improved. I'm also one of the few who dread the arrival of commercial electricity. For a long time now, I have told those who inquired about buying land in or near the burgeoning metropolis of San Felipe, to forget about it and go well south of the good pavement for the best deals. Electricity and a paved road are contributing to ridiculous inflation of the land prices.

Good Roads make for MORE neighbors.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:11 AM
MrBillM

Do not feel sorry for Richard nor Coco. Now might be a good time to invest with them before they go public with their IPOs. Although I have four stout 4xs, I don't njoy cooking the Ranchos and Bilsteins. I do respect however those of the opposing opinion. Besides, we are not in control and it's less stressful to go with the flow. In regards to the electricity, it will reach beyond Percebu and BSM within the next 5 years according to Pat Butler. He claims to be in a position to know and has made a large investment in the road from the highway to shell beach er Island. We produce 5-6 kw/day and do not intend to hook up when the power comes.

[Edited on 7-23-2006 by BajaRob]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:51 AM
Sympathy

My expression of sympathy didn't extend to those who are making money off of the Baja Boom. They are in a separate class (or lack thereof). "Peso Pursuit Pat" is in a class all by himself. Those who know and are influenced by his pursuit have varying opinions of where that class ranks. I've only met him once so I have little opinion, other than I tend to distrust anyone who drives a Hummer. But that's just me.

That electrico business could be tricky. In the past, I've talked with two different people who were in Campos on the West Coast where Electricity came in and they were not given the option of paying or not paying for the installation. They were assessed.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 11:40 AM
By whom?

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
That electrico business could be tricky. In the past, I've talked with two different people who were in Campos on the West Coast where Electricity came in and they were not given the option of paying or not paying for the installation. They were assessed.

If the campo owner decided to install then he might be able to assess the tenants proportionally. I've never heard of the CFE installing without permission. Why would they care? It's not like they're in business to make a profit. :biggrin:

Which campos?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 11:55 AM

When Pete's Camp got electricity a few years ago, all tenents were assessed a portion of the cost.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 01:03 PM

I guess it depends on the Campo. When Campo Ocotillos powered up, the total cost was split amongst those who wanted to hook up. Those who chose not to or were not in the camp at the time must now pay a higher price to those who originally paid for the system. Those fees are then rebated back to the original purchasers of the infrastructure.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 03:44 PM

Mr Bill:D

you don't have to worry about power..:tumble:

you have your own, even more then, yours truly:bounce:

GAS:barf:, GAS:wow: and more GAS:fire:

your secret admirer:dudette:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.