Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Accommodations at Bahia de Los Angeles
tfair

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 11:52 AM
Accommodations at Bahia de Los Angeles

A group of 6 of us recently drove to Bahia de Los Angeles and stayed at Los Vientos Spa and Resort. We had reserved 2 rooms for 3 men in each. The cost, per room, was $482 for 4 nights. On top of this, there was only 1 key available per room at a deposit of $20.00 per key.
The "resort" advertises itself as having 24 hour electricity, each room is air conditioned, pool with swim-up palapa bar, and restaurant. Here are the facts:
1. There is 24 hour electricity, but they ask you not to run the a/c during the day.
2. That doesn't matter, because the a/c units are way too small for the rooms. During our stay, the outside temp. never got over 100 degrees, and the temp inside the room was not under 90 degrees between about 8:00 am and mid-night.
3. The pool was filthy to the point that on the 3rd day of our stay, they put up signs saying "Danger - do not use".
4. The "palapa bar" was not open at all.
5. While the food at the restaurant was very good, they only serve the dinner meal. There is no menu, so you get what they have.

Also, on 2 of the mornings (out of 4), there was no water in the rooms-in order to flush the toilet, we had to take water from the pool using our small ice chests.
On top of all this, as we were trying to leave at 6:00 am on Monday, there was no one available to refund our key deposits ($40). I have e-mailed and spoken by telephone to everyone I can reach at the "resort" and they say they are going to send me the deposit. It has been almost 3 weeks now, and nothing.
Because of all of this, (the deposit in particular), I would not recommend Los Vientos Spa and Resort to anyone.
Larry and Raquel's place about 1 mile closer to the town is a small hotel that is not very fancy, but the rooms are clean and the food is excellent. Also, it is less than half the cost.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 06:27 AM

Thanks, tfair
I wondered about that place when I saw it. Looked a little over the top for Bahia.
Did you do any fishing?

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 06:38 AM

thanks for the report tfair you just saved some Nomads some grief. I wonder when these kind of business are going to wake up to the fact that we live in the www now and they cant stay in business very long while giving poor service and charging high rates.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 07:03 AM

Give us thier e mail address maybe a few of us can contact him and help to change hiw ways of doing buisness
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 07:18 AM

good idea Jim I will do that also.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 08:38 AM

http://www.losvientosspaandresort.com/contact_us.htm

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 07:47 PM
tfair...

Their office is in Tijuana... where we also have an office, and I also happen to know some of the people who work there.

If you wish, I could try to get your deposit back...

Let me know, I will be happy to do so.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2006 at 09:32 PM

Too bad that things have not worked out as they planned (for them) When I was there summer before last I stopped by and met the owners, very nice people.....I have to say I was more than a bit freaked out when they told me that they had built the resort to lure buyers for the hundred plus houses they planned on building out there. I know I'm being totally selfish, but, I hope this puts an end to all that.

Mean people suck!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 08:04 AM

the owners, whom i met in Chula Vista 2 years ago (the old Bonita Store) while drinking dinner one evening....;) Seemed to have a super Biz plan as they related to me. The 24 hr AC got my attention as i told them i never go to LA Bay during the brutal SOC summer since the town's power goes off just when you need it most!
but i really liked their plan for the airport area which they purchased and planned to sub divide with taxiways and homes, including hangars. I gave Jesse Carbajal (principal and family member) a $5 bill with my name on it as a security deposit on a lot.

These things take time. He is charging way too much this early though, and therefore must be under capitalized, or dumb.....

hope it takes off eventually. Only 2.5 hours from Phx - not bad. Wonder if he spent my deposit, it was supposed to go into an interest bearing escrow!!

BTW - his company has a cherokee 6 at Brown which they use to take people down if you'll stay at the place. First Flight FBO at Brown does their maintenance. Anyone looking for a quick get away to BOLA and doesn't want to drive all those hours :( should give him a call.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 09:28 AM

I guess from the start, the hotel was just a come-on type of deal to get people to buy the lots out behind or to the West of where Los Vientos is located. There is no water out there; the lots as they appear are pretty dang small...you can barely turn a truck around on one of them, and who knows how much they are asking. If they want to make money on lots or homes or condos or anything else out there, it will take a HUGE investment first on their part.

Right now, as conditions exist here, such ventures are not profitable because of the water, power, & other considerations. The bottom line is to make money, but these are losing ventures as of now the way things are in Bahia. The lots, by the way, are in a spot where the winds blow nearly all the time. At the mouth of a large canyon, and quite a ways up from the water. It can be calm in town, and out there it's blowing like the dickens.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 10:19 AM

I wrote this in a log of a trip we made in 2004:

"On the way back in with Joel we
passed the new hotel near Larry & Raquel?s
called Los Vientos. Joel told us it was open so
we checked it out. It is truly open,
substantially completed, and it is rather
spectacular. The rooms are luxurious, the
pool and tiled site work beautiful. There were
no guests; a condition I suspect will persist for
some time. We were met and taken on a
guided tour of the place by Salvador Juarez, a
personable young fellow who is on site as the
manager. Someone has sunk a ton of money
into this place; I wonder if they will ever see
any of it come back."

++Ken++
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 7-30-2006 at 10:42 AM

I am not a buissnessman but if you open a resort even to sell lots and charge the money they charge every thing should work
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-1-2006 at 04:46 AM

Ken. i remember your report. sounds like it was in better shape 2004 than when this other fellow stayed there, too bad - oh well, that's baja for you!
a travel poster -

when you want it now, and you want it broken, go to baja!! haha...

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Catalina
Junior Nomad

Mood: L.A. Bay bound

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 12:06 PM
Accomodation's in Bahia de Los Angeles

Villabahia is a really nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. The owners Roger & Jean are very nice people and will make sure your stay is a great baja experience!!. Have stayed their for the last two year's and in less then a month going back for our third. Villabahia is our home away from home. :bounce:
tfair

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 08:14 AM

To all of you who responded to my posting of "accomodations at Bahia de Los Angeles" regarding Los Vientos Spa and Resort.- I finally got my deposit back (about 1 month after beginning to raise hell!
However, everything I said about the place is the absolute truth. Too many promises and too little to offer.
Someone asked about the fishing. We did fish 3 days with panguero Marcos Blanco. We caught about 100 yellowtail (3 fishermen for 3 days), and shared our catch with Mr. Blanco. The only problem was the fish were small - about 8 to 9 pounds each, with one fish 20 pounds.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tfair
We caught about 100 yellowtail (3 fishermen for 3 days), and shared our catch with Mr. Blanco. The only problem was the fish were small - about 8 to 9 pounds each, with one fish 20 pounds.

So, that's at least 900 pounds of fish.

1. do you realize you are overlimit?
2. that's not fishing, it's butchering, precisely the kind of practice that has put us where we are today.

I'm sure you've heard this kind of thing before, so I have no hope to get through to you. Did you at least have fishing permits?

I can only hope the fish was dogfood by the time you got back home. :barf:

[Edited on 8-12-2006 by Roberto]
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 08:13 PM

Aw gee, and I was looking forward to some kinky fun with the "Bath Ropes in each Suite", swimming with the "Shark Whales", warming up by the "Launge Fire Place and Cupula" and some TM in the "Meditation Outdoor Area" (I think it's called 'the desert') where I could "Glaze at the Stars".:lol:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 08:49 PM

tfair, Seems you are not the only one who has had a bad experience at Los Vientos Spa and Resort.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150770-d151972-r...
reports like this do help.
Good ones do too.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
sanfelipeguy

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 04:54 PM

I too have stayed at Villa Bahia and the place is great. Efficiency style place with air conditioning that works - they have their own power plant. And their rates are reasonable. It's not the Hilton but it's everything you'd want in Bahia. I haven't met Jean or Roger but I have been in touch via e-mail and they are really nice people. I look forward to meeting them on our return trip in November.

As for the guy that caught 100 yellowtail on his trip - I hope you put at least 70 of those fish back unharmed. If you didn't then I hope you never fish anywhere again because that is just the type of mindset that is destroying the eco system in the Cortez. If you're a real sportsman then you'll change your ways, if not I hope they catch your sorry butt one day so you can do some toilet fishing in a Mexican jail!
viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2006 at 07:27 PM

Dude, 100 Yellow Tail is really EXCESSIVE!! Stay back in the States P-nche. We all are seeing the SOC being fished out. Quite frankly I'm surprised you posted it. But then, that tells me you have NO CLUE. Even the locals would say WTH!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.