Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ejido Land and Pres. Fox
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 10:55 AM
Ejido Land and Pres. Fox

All over Mexico, Presidente El Zorro is doing away with Ejido land and sending the Ejitarios thier titles to their property. He feels that the Ejidos have outlived their usefullness and they just rent out the land and don't work it. He also wants the taxes on the land. This will cause the ejidatarios to sell off their land at bargain prices (probably so they can buy beer with the money). What do you all think about buying the ejido land now that they have the titles to the property? With titles to the land, I would think you could get into the Fiedocomiso for protection. Please give me your thoughts---both professional and personal.:moon:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 12-3-2003 at 01:02 PM
Lost my ASS.

Already lost my ASS at Puenta Banda and am encouraging President Bush to go Middle East on Mexico.I'll enlist. We'll have the post war party at Hussongs.I'm kidding, but I have trust issues with anything to with doing any business in Mexico.They need to clean house big time if they want any of my money.Some overdue changes in civil law would be a good start.Adios.Hyme
hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 01:09 PM
Fanny????

Fanny now is it? Is the Christian Right now monitoring this board?Good Heavens!!!!!I'm more offended by censorship than I am of any word in Websters.Vaya con Dios.Adios.Hyme
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 01:22 PM
ejido

My husband purchased some Ejido land close to the beach in Pescadero. This was 2 summers ago. Since the land was without a title, he was given the "power of attorney", for the land. There is another word for this is Spanish, something to do with the letter, that needed to be notarized. We'll see if there are problems when we want to so something with this land.
It's a nice piece of property right at Los Cerritos, traded a car for it too! Heather
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 02:54 PM

If you guys think this changes anything you are crazy. Most of the ejido agrarian to legitimate clave catastral tiles are so messed up in lawsuites that it will be many years before it's all settled. Especially in pescadero where corruption and bribery were rampant between the developers/ejido/delegado when the lottery and voting took place. As to the elders getting their money....yes I would have to agree that it is sad to see most of the procceeds from the sales go to consumables like trucks TV's, stereos and booze. The concept of investing in schooling for the kids or putting away some for the future is totally foreign to them. I would be extremly wary of buying any land that has not fully completed the transfer to a legitimate title with a registered clave catastral. I would also want to see the name of a local Notario on the documents. Any other device or scheme to own land is illegal and fraught with danger. For instance a power of attorney can be easily revoked either by the original issuer or more likely their siblings. A presta nombre scheme is likewise fraught with danger. What the pescadro folks are selling is a worthless promis to someday possibly deliver a legal title that is totaly dependant on the original agrarian land holder and how they went about getting that particular lot in their ejido lottery. Pescadero is a fine example of all that can go wrong. As a side note isn't it interesting how in pescadero all of the "options" on the really nice high southern beachfront lots have been bought by a single gringo for rediculously low prices. And how some of the particularly nice lots went to the delegada at the time. The lawsuits and couter lawsuits will take years to settle....if ever.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 04:19 PM
Bajabus

Good information you gave. Still if the property will go into a fideocomiso, wouldn't it have to be private property? Just a question. The mexicans don't trust the banks and there is no real incentative to save down there. That is one of the reasons they remain a third world country. As for buying trucks and beer, thats what the macho man does in Mexico. Not all, but in Baja, a great percentage of them do.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 04:53 PM
Fideocomiso

They had 'em at Puenta Banda.Hyme
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 04:53 PM
Ejido Lots/land

some Americans here (San Felipe)are buyin(?) lots from the Mexicans in the ejido. As we understand it from Our mexican friennds what they atre gettinmg is a Right to tresspass that is good for 50 years. i'm sure someone else may have even more info conmcerning this?? Maybe??:?:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2003 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
some Americans here (San Felipe)are buyin(?) lots from the Mexicans in the ejido. As we understand it from Our mexican friennds what they atre gettinmg is a Right to tresspass that is good for 50 years. i'm sure someone else may have even more info conmcerning this?? Maybe??:?:

All they are getting is the shaft. The ejido has absolutely no right to sell the mine. Read my post under "better to rent".

hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2003 at 11:05 AM
Tresspass

The right to tresspass.Sounds like something George W. would say. They're gonna get buggered.Hyme

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.