Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fast trip to La purisima and Misson the burro
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 07:21 AM
Fast trip to La purisima and Misson the burro

We left Weds. 4 am Drove straight thru. went in the east road ( Roads not to bad I've seen it much worse) We spent two days with my good friend Dandy. Bad news neal Dandy tells me there are no restraunts in town any more. Misson now has a new home at a racnhers about thirty miles up in the mountians from LP. Dandy tells me he is very happy maybe its the many burras on the rancho. Thursday we went to San Juanico to see Jaime and look up Juan y Juans place John must have stayed at the beach all day as was never at home. We spent some time with Mike and Jan. in there new home What a great place. It had been two years since I have been ther and man has the place changed. We got up yesterday and left diving back 15 hours. Crossed at tecate around 6 pm Three cars in front of us. that was a first. I saw a green suv by conception bay with a got Baja sticker. Wondering who that was I passed? Someday I am going to take my time a visit all the great nomads on the way until then I have to be happy with at least being in Baja. I love even the drive to and from.
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 07:25 AM

MICK, thanks for the tip on resturants anymore. Bummer.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 10:44 AM

In the late 80s and early 90s we use to take clothing, food, etc. to Padre Luis Ruggera in La Purisima. He would would always have a wonderful meal made courtesy of the local ladies. He rode a little Honda CT50 that we supplied over the years along with a couple of trucks. He was later transferred to La Paz. We lost touch with him after that. I happened to come across an article where he had passed away a few years ago. We always enjoyed the trips to La Purisima and up to San Juanico.
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 11:19 AM
Mick, sorry I missed you...

I heard you were in town with Dandy. I was at the playa all day with the family when you came in. Sorry I missed you!

Dandy was all excited when he heard you were coming in!

The photo is of Jim Dandy the day before you came in with my son Taylor, my young bride, Carole, myself and Dandy with an autographed Juan y Juan shirt (He made us sign it when we gave it to him). We had just return from shopping in Constitucion for the day and Dandy had just made fresh, homemade Lasagna which he insisted that we not only stay and have some, but sent us home with a large pan full as well and three huge bags of fresh mango's from his yard.

All I can say, is that this man is a "Baja Jewel!"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.