Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NORTHERN BAJA DOGS NEED HOMES
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 08:05 AM
NORTHERN BAJA DOGS NEED HOMES

Well, that's no surprise. But we have 3 pups currently in foster care that we need to get placed so we can take in 8 more. These 3 dogs are all located in Ejido Cantu (Punta Banda) on the Punta Estero in BCN (toward Bufadora east of Maneadero). Please email or U2U us for more information.

Cookie is a female, 6 month old terrier mix. Has had some shots but is not yet spayed. Weighs about 15 pounds and will weigh maybe 20 lbs full grown. Gets along well with other dogs and people, too. She will gladly help with the dishes and clean up any food spills for you.

[Edited on 8-7-2006 by bajabound2005]

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by bajabound2005]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 08:08 AM
Meet Jocko

Jocko is a 6 month old male, not yet neutered. Weighs less than 20 pounds and will probably weigh 30-35 lbs full grown. Friendly and plays well with others. He'd be a great fishing companion as he cleans and fillets fish. He's also quite handy as a car mechanic. Just kidding but every dog has something special about them!

Jocko has glaucoma in one eye and it has to be removed. Maybe his name should be changed to one-eyed Jack!

[Edited on 8-7-2006 by bajabound2005]

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by bajabound2005]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 08:13 AM
And Here's Bosco

Bosco is about 1 1/2 years old and is a neutered male. He's a purebred Heinz 57 (maybe some longhair dachshund?). Very loving and friendly, a great lap dog. He loves kids, too. Bosco is about 18 pounds and is full grown. His specialty? He picks the winning lottery numbers!

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 08:41 AM

Great looking dogs.
Baja dogs make terrific pets...I have two!
Good luck with finding homes for them.

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 10:43 AM

They all look like really sweet dogs! I wish I could help out, but I already have my hands full with an 85 pound Weim. Best of luck in finding them a permanent home...

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 08:54 PM

C'mon, Nomads! Getting u2us about how cute these guys are and how everyone wishes there was room at their inn...one of you must NEED one of these highly skilled pups or know someone who does. I should mention these are all of the lap dog size and will remain so full-grown. Great for older folks (except Boscoe really likes kids...even grandkids!) Help us find these kids a nice home.

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by bajabound2005]
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 03:52 PM

Better get Cookie and Jocko clipped soon or you'll have another batch on your hands! :no:

Our little Baja mutt was about 6 months old when she immigrated north. Immediately went into heat for the first time before we had her spayed. We got her out of there just in time! :rolleyes:

Cute pups, wish I could take them all home. ;D

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 06:54 AM

I agree with El Camote. It is not very responsible to give away dogs that have not been fixed. :no:

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:34 AM

Hopefully someone will help find homes for those lovely dogs.
This is a pic of Dulce. We brought her home on Tues and she is going to her new home this week.
Re: neutering and spaying of these homeless dogs ... I know that inTodos Santos there is a fund available to make this service affordable and if the dogs are adopted out to local homes before they are old enough to have the surgery, the persons fostering the dogs make it their responsibility to make sure and go back to the new owners (often they actually make the arrangements and do the transportation).
Working with homeless dogs can be a very expensive proposition and I am always so grateful when people are able to contribute. They often have medical problems that need to be taken care of and we have found that once they look into your eyes...that's it... you are pulling out your pocket book!!!!

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 09:43 AM

Not to worry, everyone! Any dogs we take in here will be spayed or neutered! Through the assistance of fellow Nomad, Cindarouh, we will be setting up a Spay and Neuter Clinic here very soon. Then we hope to reduce the population of wild, stray and unwanted dogs around here dramatically!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:29 AM

Excellent:biggrin:

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:36 AM

Here are our little Mexican angels

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:37 AM

Eta when she was still allowed on the furniture.

See someone needs these dogs, just like we needed Eta

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 11:28 AM

Very sweet! How's their Spanish?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 12:04 PM

Ellas hablan Espa?ol mejor de yo.

Funny you should ask. We were on a 3 week trip to Nicaragua 5 years ago and the girls stayed at Cabo Kennels with Monica and Victor. When we got back Victor had taught eta to "ven" She wasnt coming when we left. She was quite a free spirit for about 2 years. She has calmed down considerably and is an excellent dog now.

We found her near the estuary on the side of the road tied to her sister by their right back legs. The other dog didnt make it so she is our little miracle...(people are probably tired of hearing that story)... She has never gotten along with any other dog beside the one in the picture, Mochi. I theorize that she had a tough time keeping other animals away from her and her sister when they were tied together. She also drinks salt water and eats roots....probably all they had before we happened along. Everyone says what a lucky dog, but I feel like the lucky one.

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 10:40 PM
Great project

If you come across any c-ck-a-poos please let us knwo, we have 2 now, one 17 yrs the other 3 1/2 with epilepsy, they are absolutely the joy of our lives!!!:spingrin:

frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-12-2006 at 12:03 PM
Marie-Rose

Little Dulce is indeed dulce!! It would have been difficult for me to give that one up. Soooooo cute!!

It didn't take you long to get into the puppy rescue mode :yes: what with your new construction and everything on the go I'm sure you are a busy, busy, girl.

I'd like everyone to know that Marie-Rose and her friend Maryanne are like Mother Theresas to wayward dogs in Todos Santos. :saint: :saint: They do incredible work with these poor neglected little dogs and they dip into their pockets many times in the process. It's very expensive, very time consuming, and at times heartbreaking, but they continue to give unconditionally. Keep up the good work you two and Thank You for being you.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2006 at 11:52 AM
UPDATE ON THE PERRITOS

We are pleased to announe that Bosco was adopted over the weekend and is making his new home in the States. He went to friends of friends (who are dog lovers) so we know he'll have a good home. And he gets to come back to Baja for visits now and then!

Cookie will be getting spayed this week. Cookie and Jocko are still looking for a family...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.