BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Orange Alert at border!!??
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 12:14 AM
Orange Alert at border!!??

Has the heightened level of security affected the U.S./Mex border? Pretty scary stuff going on in Britain.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 05:33 AM

we've been on "orange alert" for two years....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
neilmac
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:28 AM
I wondered when they'd tumble to the idea...

of liquid explosive in a carryon bag - a bottle of 'wine' or scotch or something, actually full of nitroglycerine.... would make a helluva hole in a 747.

Next, I guess, would be the 'cavity bomb'... I'm sure, with a little practice, one of these guys could carry a half stick of dynamite in his burro. Boy, airport security searches are going to be popular after this!

Neil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Has the heightened level of security affected the U.S./Mex border? Pretty scary stuff going on in Britain.

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by neilmac]
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 12:17 PM

:lol::lol:.....
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 12:55 PM

I think a really aggressive bomb-sniffing dog would be very effective in that scenario.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 01:30 PM

They've been on "orange alert" in Guerrero Negro for years ...

Just try to get an "orange" across:lol::lol:

our website is:
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 05:45 PM

Airport security is already off the deep end as of today. Our daughter and son-in-law were flying from Portland to San Diego (then driving here) today. She had to dump her contact lens solution, shampoo, toothpaste. No water bottles, NOTHING. I think you MIGHT be able to check this kind of stuff but no carry ons for sure. Pretty soon we'll be flying with nothing and have to buy everything on the other end (or ship is UPS ahead of time!!)
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 05:50 PM

Let's all fly naked!!!!!!!!!

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 05:52 PM

One car ahead of me at Mexicali East yesterday - Citizenship?" US "What are you bringing from Mexico?" Nothing "Go ahead"

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 8-10-2006 at 06:04 PM
Didn't you mean bum-sniffing?

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
I think a really aggressive bomb-sniffing dog would be very effective in that scenario.

Golly, how would you train 'em to do that? ;D

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 07:08 PM
Security at the Border

At 1415 hrs., We arrived Northbound at Mexicali's Garita Oriente. The traffic was back to the bridge, but the total wait time was 12 minutes. As we pulled up to the kiosk, the agent was lounging in his chair with one leg up on the shelf. Before I could say anything, he said " Go Ahead, Folks" and we drove on.

On the other hand, at the El Chinero Army Checkpoint, we arrived with only five cars in front of us and we were there for 30 minutes. They had one line open in each direction and were doing a full inspection on every vehicle North and South bound. People and animals out of the vehicle and checking everywhere, including under the hood on some.

You just never know.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Let's all fly naked!!!!!!!!!

ARE U KIDDING!!?? Did you see the other post? :lol: :lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 07:43 AM

Are you talking about the mugshots, Sharks?:lol::dudette:

Seriosly,:spingrin: for the ultimate in air travel safety all passengers and staff simply send their stuff ahead by UPS ground, and fly as they were born.

As Americans, we are entitled to absolute safety in all we do, no?:tumble:

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 10:40 AM
Dogs

Uh, Dave, I don't know if you've noticed, but most dogs don't need to be trained to sniff bums. They're born bum-sniffers.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 01:55 PM

Alert? These looney toons want to kill us! Ever heard the story about helping a snake? After he bit his helper, his benefactor was suprised. He said " You knew I was snake when you helped me."
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 02:01 PM

i thought that was a scorpion :lol:

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.
The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

Self destruction - "Its my Nature", said the Scorpion...

[Edited on 8-11-2006 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 02:34 PM
Scorpion/Snake?

Both of 'em can be venomous.;):spingrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.