Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Double Header!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 06:12 PM

When is the Pole Line video going to be done???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
When is the Pole Line video going to be done???

K-Gi in Toronto, Can. and me in Riverside are now working on the score. I'll be giving it away on the Pole Line Run in December, and it will be for sale/available 1/07.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 04:08 PM

OKAY... great!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 07:23 PM

Ken, (Jeep driver),
The oil pan is on the bottom of the engine. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 08:44 PM

All those loose rocks, how sloppy! I'm bringing a couple bags of cement and we'll smooth over the "widowmaker" so a skateboard could go down it! :yes:

Lou, thanks for the offer of the 31s. I was actually thinking maybe you'd like to caravan down from S.F. on Sat. the 18th, overnighting in Gonzaga then meeting up with Ken and crew at Santa Ynez (Inez) on Sun. afternoon for the trip in. Hmmmm?

TW, are you talking about a come-along or an electric winch? Sounds like a great idea either way.

Neil, where is your right hand in that picture with my wife?

Ken, air-cooled VWs don't really have a vulnerable oil pan, that hangs down anyway. That's why they only hold 2 1/2 qts of oil. All their sensitive genitals are tucked up nice and high. Not much under there to get bashed by a rock. Wish I could say the same. :rolleyes:

David, I forgot about that whole orange nightmare. I love the picture with everyone wearing orange clothing except Graham... who has orange hair. :o

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 08:54 PM

The plan that we implimented on the Pole Line Rd. was for winch-equipped vehicles to travel in between non-winch-equipped vehicles. So, no real need to invest in a winch since most of the Jeeps have one and will be ready to use it if needed.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 10:12 AM

El Camote it's an electric portable winch. I bought one after going into the mission a few years ago. It hooks on to the toe hooks or a hitch ball. About the size of a battery box. For the price it's a bargain and with a pulley you would be hard pressed to get so stuck you couldn't get out unless your one of them 10,000 lb dodge diesels, then you would need a Toyota to pull you out (or possibly a ssshh jeep). Maybe even the Tundra.

[Edited on 9-2-2006 by TW]
neilmac
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 01:01 PM
Mission sounds like a great trip...

Ken,

Is a K-5 Blazer too wide for the trails? Looks like you guys are running narrow-track rigs.

A guy here in Indio is trying to sell me an older K-5; looks like it would go anywhere... maybe already has!

Neil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
We're going Thanksgiving week to Mission Impossible! November 18-25th, 2006. We'll also check out Coco's Corner, Bahia Las Animas, Mision San Borja, and San Luis Gonzaga.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by neilmac
Ken,

Is a K-5 Blazer too wide for the trails? Looks like you guys are running narrow-track rigs.

There were two H2 Hummers on the Mission Impossible trail, and they made it through the trail without any body damage or tire failures. That is a big rig, and no problems to mention.

Johnny
Junior Nomad

Mood: concerned

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 12:05 AM

Thanks for the link Ken, Here is my Idea:

Are any of you "off roaders" going down to help. It seems like motorcycles, jeeps, atvs would be really helpful in getting supplies / info in and out of the rural areas. It would be great if there could be a relief 1000 Just trying to help. Love.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.