Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Post from Bloodydecks
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 02:57 PM
Post from Bloodydecks

On SUNDAY Monday, August 13, 2006 at about 0700 a friend of mine was returning to California from Ensenada after a weekend in his trailer at King's Coronita RV Park. He was driving on the well paved and traffic of the toll road. Near La Salina his truck started making a funny noise under the hood and suspecting a fan belt he pulled over to the side of the road in plain view of all the passing traffic and lifted his hood.

Within a minute a car pulled up in front of him as if to offer help and blocked his entrance back onto the highway and the first person out of this vehicle was a shaved headed gangster from the passenger seat with a gun in his hand demanding that he get onto his knees. The rest of the group blocked the view.

Viet Nam Style: With the pistol placed onto the back of his head he pleaded for his life. They swore at him many times and he thought they were going to kill him for sure. They spoke perfect English.....all of them.

They then emptied his pockets and drove off with his truck which was loaded with the tools of his trade and his fishing tackle and much more.

By a stroke of luck they missed $200 in bills which he used to get back to his location in the RV Park to solicit help from his girlfriend back at home. He was left with nothing but his shirt and pants.

This was all accomplished very professionally. This obviously was not the first time these people have done this. My friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time and unfortunately these gangsters are patrolling the highway.

He then went to the Ensenada Police Department where men in uniform were busy eating their Twinkies and he spent the rest of the day and night trying to report this crime. At one point an "officer" requested a pen from him so that he could take some notes.

This is an experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone and one that will stay with him for the rest of his life. While you might rationalize with "Well this can happen to you anywhere" give me a list of "anywhere" and I assure you I won't travel there either.

With my boat in Marina Coral, my trailer in King's Coronita RV Park next door to the Marina I travel to and from almost every Friday-Sunday. I am now gravely concerned and more concerned for my wife who sometimes travels down there in her own vehicle. I am sure that if you stop they will find you and if no one is stopped they will find another way to stop you for their robberies.

Steve Ross/Bad Dog
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 03:25 PM

Wow pascuale
thanks for the heads up

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 04:09 PM

Thanks Pascule I was wondering how to bring that over here.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 08:37 PM
Mexico is allowing itself to go out of control-------

-----build the wall.

After 54 years, I give up on it as a place to go. So many places in the USA that I still need to see-----------
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 08:42 PM

Seems to me that if this is a problem, and I believe that only one event of this type is a big problem, the Caminos de Federales (sp???) should be using "bait" cars and snuff this (and the crooks) out

i
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 08:45 PM

yow! Should we all have the # for green angels programmed into our cells and call them when we are getting ready to pull over. HAve noticed them sitting waiting at almost all overpasses on the toll road. The emerg #, which I think works from ANY phone is 066. No other #s needed. But this kind of thing happening on the toll road is inexusable and unexplainable (sp)...
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
yow! Should we all have the # for green angels programmed into our cells and call them when we are getting ready to pull over. HAve noticed them sitting waiting at almost all overpasses on the toll road. The emerg #, which I think works from ANY phone is 066. No other #s needed. But this kind of thing happening on the toll road is inexusable and unexplainable (sp)...

The Green Angels? Sure, that'll help. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 09:05 PM

Maybe they should start issuing thr Green Angels some firepower along with the gasoline and spare parts
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 09:14 PM

well would not the green angels be better than NO ONE
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 09:25 PM

"They spoke perfect English.....all of them."
Sounds more like a SoCal chicano gang. Maybe they were coming back from a weekend party and decided to make some money to get back to the gutter.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Frank
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 09:26 PM

Steve Ross is also a writer for The Log newspaper as well as a fish killer.
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
What is your point? He is a writer for the log. Are you calling him a liar.:cool::fire:
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Looking at your avatar you must also be a fish killer.:moon:
Frank
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
Quote:
What is your point? He is a writer for the log. Are you calling him a liar.:cool::fire:

Nope just the opposite.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 02:35 AM

Quote:

Nope, it's about the same thing, because asking for help from the Green Angels is like - oh yeah - asking no one. These guys specialize in finding the closest shaded spot to hang out under. I have NEVER seen them anywhere where they might be needed, like in the boonies. I can just imagine them stepping into a potentially risky situation. :rolleyes:. One thing you can be sure of, and that is that they know about this stuff, the kind of place it happens and where to stay away from. If the cops aren't directly involved, there's an agreement in place.

BB2005, you seem well-intentioned, but you have a lot to learn about the way things work down there.

[Edited on 8-17-2006 by Roberto]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 04:29 AM

.......keep it up Mexico and Baja.....don't clean up your act and see where all the $$$$ goes.:fire::mad:

lots of GREAT places to go and see all over the world and the USA. Mexico is fun, used to be cheap, but ain't the only game around. Glad i have options for my entertainment peso.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 06:00 AM

Quote:

they sure would be more helpful than the Federals:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 06:28 AM

The Green Angels in BCS are very helpful, although calling them for an armed robbery doesnt make any sense. But then we dont hear about that kind of stuff down here either. I am not saying it doesnt happen but I have never heard of it.

bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 07:01 AM

If you travel in the States, you also run a risk anytime you are stopped along the roads. Here in Utah we have had at least two murders of motorists and several rapes in the last few years, and I suspect the numbers are worse for California. There are a lot of sleezballs out there and many are traveling on the freeways. That's the reason I would never camp overnight at a freeway rest stop or even in sight of the freeway.

It's not just in Mexico, we also have our share of drug gangs and individuals who would take advantage of a stranded motorist. Just recently there was a sniper shooting people on the freeway in the midwest, he killed one person and wounded another. The truth is, you're vulnerable just about anywhere.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-17-2006 at 07:30 AM
Pascuale

Not sure of the first half of your story! But that it is where the drug guys used to drop bodies alongside the road.

The part about the cops in Ensenada I can validate from more than one first hand experience. Heck, when my wife was robbed, in our house--La Salina--at gun point, they asked for $20.00 for gas so they could come out and investigate--they never showed up.

Will give it to the local cops because they found the guy (an American who had killed someone in Flordia and was hiding in Baja) a couple of years later. After he had held a few more Americans up in their camps and killed one guy at La Playa La Mision.

That is why I have been saying, for over 25 years, you have to be aware of your environment no matter where you are. ( see stories in "The Underbelly of Baja in my next book--they were put in with this type of thing in mind).

Just think how lucky you were!

I agree with the thought that they were Cholos from up north.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.