Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Tembabiche for sale!
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 06:54 AM
Tembabiche for sale!

I just noticed a couple of days ago on the back of one of Javier Pineda's vehicles that Tembabiche is for sale. 3,000 hectarias.

While I believe the ejidos that own their lands have every right to sell, I just wonder if the people will get what the property is really worth. Or will they get the shaft as the developers and real estate folks get most of it. Then what happens to the people after they get the big payoff?

In my experience I've seen folks sell their land and blow the loot as fast as they can. My husbands ex-wife sold their house that she won in the divorce and blew 20,000 dollars in less than two months! Now she has no home. Other examples are local colonia Zaragoza folks who sold a strip of beach. The ejido split all the money and the local electronics store sold all their plasma TV's and lots of new cars seen being driven. So what would it be like to have a plasma TV and a new Dodge Ram living in a tarpaper shack? Once they sell the last parcel of land they have they must relocate. Without job skills or education I'd imagine that's pretty tough to pull off.

Its heartbreaking to watch this.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 07:12 AM

Pam All of your observations hold true here in Mulege also.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 07:24 AM

pam could you please inlighten me ? where is Tembabiche located from loteto?? thanks

jerry and judi
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 07:43 AM

I must be missing something ?

Do you think that if they were paid $50,000 or $100,000 that they wouldn't spend it just as stupidly !?

It's not the price, it's the mentality.

Ask the ex-wife some questions;
1. Did she consider what she would do after she sold her home, before she signed the papers ?
2. If the amount was too low to buy another home, why did she sell ?
3. Why didn't she take the money and buy another home ??

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 08:02 AM

let's do some math.....

3000 hectares = 7400 acres

at $1000 an acre that's 7.4 Million dollars...

i think i would sell....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
rob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 08:23 AM

For years I looked at my (first edition) Baja Almanac, which showed no road to Timbabiche, and dreamed of going there. Finally rented a panga at San Cosme (on road to Agua Verde) and was driven down in style. There was a fascinating old two-story mansion there (very un-Baja like).

I have since driven there from Ciudad Constitution - lovely place. I had always thought it was a private ranch, not ejido land.

We have neighboring ejidos here at the ranch with large tracts of beachfront - no power or water. The lots are selling for a fraction of what they would be worth serviced, with no takers. The ejido has tons of water 6 km away, and power less than 3 km, but there is no possibiity of their ejido management ever getting anything together to enhance the communal value of the property.

I have no answers.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 08:43 AM

Some sold too soon. Some of the waterfront lots north of town were sold for as little as $7,000. And the price does make a difference to the community. Even if the money is spent, much is spent locally to the benefit of others. But if property is sold too cheaply, the eventual big profits will go to foreign investors.

Hard to say how much of the money is being squandered. Lots of new cars and trucks around, but there seems to be a lot of money being spent in town in improvements and additions to homes and businesses, adding equity in a potentially very profitable real estate market.

But as ejido lands are developed, eventually huge amounts of money will be generated in foreign accounts; what ejido members are currently receiving is the real estate equivilent of changing the sheets and driving the taxis.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 08:47 AM

Jerry it's east of Ciudad Constitution on the coast.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 09:39 AM

thanks so its allso south of agua verde on the soc?

jerry and judi
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 12:03 PM
Remember the "House on the Beach for Sale"

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=17979#pid1552...

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 12:38 PM
Pam------

----I am with Diver-----------I fail to see the problem------looks to me like they went into the deal with eyes wide open, and they decided to spend all the money. It is not wise in my opinion, but still, it WAS their decision.

I don't understand what is "heartbreaking"?

I am constantly amazed at what people decide to do with "windfall" money, but they do it anyway, and never consult with me. I just figure that they know what they want, and to hell with the future. Not sad, just human nature, I guess.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 01:35 PM

the same thing happens here in theusa only difference here is they dont have a wellfare program to go back to
the real heart break is i cant afford to buy it:lol::lol::bounce::bounce:

jerry and judi
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 01:47 PM

Pam: do you know what they are/were asking for the land?

Change creates opportunity....and some consider opportunity as always a good thing.....not always the case.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 01:48 PM
jerry---------You are soooooooo right.

--------all the Nomads ought too pool their money and pick this outstanding property up----------make it an official "NOMAD'S" outpost. Other than the access, it has got to be one of the nicest sections of the entire coast, and this particular property is tops, I believe, tho I have never been there.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 02:10 PM

lets see with bob figures of $7.800,000 we only need 78 nomads with $100,000 to buy it and another $50,000 each for the improvments. waterlines, electric, and the road the rest for the lawers for all the nomads arduing over who gets what lots

:spingrin::spingrin:: im in are you??:tumble::tumble:

jerry and judi
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 02:42 PM
Jerry-----

I invision one story multi-bungalows with thached roofs all lined up along the bay front, similar to the construction of the Van Warmer's Punta Colorado Hotel. Don't know if we can fit 78 of these puppy's on that beach, but it needs to be researched. Perhaps they can be tiered, with cheaper subscription bungalows behind (same construction), and maybe slightly above (if possible) the bay front ones, the farther back from the beach the cheaper the subscription, but all should be approximately the same size, to avoid petty jealousy between the subscribers---------It all will be controlled by Doug, as the "super Nomad", and a board of responsible Nomad's to advise him, and all matters relating to upkeep/maintenance will be handled by the "Nomad Tembabiche Association", which we all will contribute a fee to maintain.

Anybody wanting out of the program in the future will be bought out by the "Nomad's slush fund" which we will all equally fund, at a price arrived at by Doug and the board----their decision final and unappealable. Discrimination is essential, and NO non-Nomad's will be allowed to buy in, now, or in the future.

If there is a separate bay, out of sight of the bungalows, on this property, then we should consider the construction of a hotel to provide income for the "Nomad's Tembabiche Association", contracting with some reputable Hotel chain to manage and operate this property as a concession. Sole ownership and control of the hotel will rest with the Association. Of course, housing for all the staff must be arranged or provided for.

All this is predicated on the availability of fresh water, of course, and the availability of proper places for the staff housing and related community center/facilities and infrastructure for support, all built in environmentally friendly ways, and in traditional Mexican architecture.

I believe we have a "winner" here. :bounce:

What to you think? :?:
neilmac
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 02:44 PM
Apparently this guys been down there...

http://dondavidonbaja.com/

At least, aroung Agua Verde... Is that close?

Neil
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 02:50 PM

My Heart is Broken!! The last Great Place to Escape:

In 1970 I was Southbound in my Trusty little Cessna 170B when an Emergency call came over the Radio. Seems as if two aircraft had been staying a couple of Days at Tambechice, one Aircraft had taken off and was out of contact with the one one the Ground {With a Dead Battery}.
landed and helped get the aircarft Started.
Decide to visit . Fantastic Place with no Roads.
Later years went there several times, and also in from the road out of Constitution.{When I was capturing RattleSnakes, selling their Skins to an Outfit in Texas for $5.00 a Foot Tanned

Please Go before it is taken over, that is the Last Great Place to spend a couple of days and the fishing is Fantastic. From Agua Verde or from the Road End North of La Paz.
I do not know if the Trail from the Top has been fixed for Vehicles or Not.

Be Aware on that Road as it is "The Rattlesnake Capitol of Baja Sur'.

The People of Loreto will Survive!!They are not Trained like the People of the States who spend all their Money going to Vegas, ending up on Welfare or the Streets.

Skeet/Loreto
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 02:54 PM
Skeeter-----it is inevitable

--------so therefore we NOMAD's should be the one's to "make it happen" with sensitivity, loving tenderness, and compassion.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2006 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
pam could you please inlighten me ? where is Tembabiche located from loteto?? thanks

This may help... between Agua Verde and Dolores...

Arnold Senterfitt (Airports of Baja) had a photo of the big villa there... which had a cardon cactus growing on the roof!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.