BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Recent violence reports - FAKE?
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 04:13 PM
Recent violence reports - FAKE?

I tend to think that the recent reports of violence on the toll road from Ensenada are fake. I do not see any official reports on the news or in print anywhere. There is no proof of these events. :yawn:

[Edited on 8-21-2006 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 04:23 PM

Bob

Hope you have your flackjacket on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
I tend to think that the recent reports of violence on the toll road from Ensenada are fake. I do not see any official reports on the news or in print anywhere. There is no proof of these events. :yawn:

[Edited on 8-21-2006 by Bob H]

Hmmmm ... and what kind of proof would you like. You need to be able to understand the difference between bogus and real reports. Hint: it's all about who's doing the posting.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 05:56 PM

yea i think soulpatch truly belives it...

come to LA...it happens EVERYDAY!!!:spingrin:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 06:40 PM

Bob H

Too many haves + too many have nots + too much meth = too much violence.

Sad but true.

We will continue to visit the area, but we will remain cautious.

I am less & less inclined to encourage those who have never been to visit the areas between TJ & Ensenada that I have enjoyed for the last 45 years.

Very sad.

Be very careful out there.

Hope to see you at c-ckteleria Mazatlan in the future.l

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 07:22 PM

Does Bob H doubt that men walked on the moon?

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 07:36 PM

Bob H what do you think they are going to do, go to the police and report it? come on use your head.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 07:42 PM

Violence happens everywhere. Why should we doubt this report? Wherever one travels one must remain aware. Through the years the wise advice against driving Baja at night has repeatedly been substantiated. This is just one more reason not to drive at night. Too bad it has to occur this time on the well traveled, toll corredor that we all depend on to get further south quickly.

Even though I refuse to live my life in fear, I do appreciate a heads up. I will not drive that corredor at night, whereas I might have before.:fire:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 07:47 PM
"There is no proof of these events" ????????

------come on, Bob---------your kidding us, right??? Are you saying you don't trust your fellow NOMAD's??? Say it isn't so!!

Any opinions/doubts on the holocaust??? the death of J. F. K. ????? how about global warming??? :lol:

and somebody just HAD to drag poor "Woody in OB's" corpse story in Catavina up again----------

Wow, the NOMAD's will be polarizing soon, just like the country. :lol:

I wish you were right, but I am convinced you are not.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 08:47 PM

Bob H is my kind of guy. He's an optimist!

I too like Bob H wish it were not true.

When he made that post I am guessing that he was, like me, wishing it was all a bad dream.

My family has been lucky enough to have had a house at the beach in Baja Norte since I was a 'gleam in my daddy's eye' and it kills me to see the changes that have occurred in the last few years relative to one?s feeling of safety/security in the area.

The tragedy of it all is that the feeding frenzy in development is only going to worsen the situation and until something changes BIG TIME the local authorities are of NO help.

One just have to be very careful.

Hang in there Bob!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 09:05 PM

Point well made Elgatoloco,

As a woman traveling alone with small children in tow, I too appreceicate the heads up, will it stop me? No! I will not travel the toll road at night as I have the last few times though!

Mean people suck!
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 09:13 PM

Regardless of the validity of the original shooting story, how can we resent someone passing on the news? No one claimed to be there first hand, no one here saw it. Is this type of behavior completely unlikely in Mexico (or the US)??? NOT! The more information we have the better off we are, and I mean to include those who have never travelled the peninsula before. Most of us have been helped by the locals in so many ways that we very much appreciate the hospitality. That doesn't mean there aren't a few bad dudes out there. I've been reading for years how the influx of mainland Mexico workers in the agricultural arena in the general area has seriously increased the crime between the border and El Rosario. While any crime is intolorable at least we can try and understand the causes for this behavior, actual or assumed, and take action to avoid it.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 09:31 PM

Actually, Mike, soulpatch was not "passing on the news" as you put it. He wasn't there, true, but since the trailer is at his house, and he has visited the injured person at the hospital, it's probably closer than that, don't you think?
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2006 at 09:38 PM
Roberto

My comment refers to Bob H's initial post (that started this thread. SoulPatch wasn't even in my head.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 04:56 AM

whaaaaaaaaaat????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we actually WENT to the moon?
i thought it was filmed in Nevada at Art Bell's place.:?:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 05:31 AM

what kind of Nomad would soulpatch be if he had this info and didn't pass it along to us?

thanks soulpatch

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 08:00 AM

I personaly know the person who was shot in the report i worked with them on projects for several years. I didn't read it first on Nomads but heard about it from one of his subcontractors at 8am that morning(co-owner of a construction business) I wanted to confirm the "rumor" and looked it up on Nomads. If Soulpatch said it happend, rest assured IT HAPPENED!!!. I know the person shot and soulpatch to be honest, decent, family oriented people and this is not being made up. Get cynical somewhere else but this did happen. Tom(victim) did not ask for this to happen nor would he ever encourage it. He and his family were victims of random senceless violence and did not deserve this . It brings it all home when it happens to someone you know and respect. This could have happened in the U.S but with Mexico+less negative media coverage=GRINGO $$ P.S. Soulpatch, please tell Tom we all wish him a speedy recovery.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Hint: it's all about who's doing the posting.

Very good point - well taken. My wish is that these stories are not true.

[Edited on 8-22-2006 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Bob H is my kind of guy. He's an optimist!

I too like Bob H wish it were not true.

When he made that post I am guessing that he was, like me, wishing it was all a bad dream.

I think you got it right.... thanks for the positive feedback.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 10:21 AM
ahabaja's post should have been unnecessary

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.