BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: HELLO AGAIN, BEEN GONE AWHILE...
M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 03:37 PM
HELLO AGAIN, BEEN GONE AWHILE...

Hello dear friends. It's been awhile, as a matter of fact, the last time I checked in was when J.R passed away.
I'll actually miss that cranky so and so, but I'm sure his heart and soul is where it belongs, in Baja. He is missed.
SOOOOO....What's going on? It's going to take me awhile to read all the past posts and history, but in the meantime, what's the flavor of the day? hot topics? I got an email from David K mentioning a cactus party. I'M GAME, so is BHL (Still my 'Burnin Hunka Love). Are there any other trips or meetings planned?
I'm looking forward to any news and hello's.
Big Hugs, M-AGAIN

P.S My computer crashed and I lost all of my contacts lists, could my friends please send me an email so I can put you back in my address book? My email is writeme1@cox.net
:lol:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 03:41 PM
M

Are you back on the mend or are the med's talking? Regardless, glad to see you posting again.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 03:45 PM
Could it be!!!

The M Again. We are stronger/ better now. Welcome home. Tell us, where have you wandered off to. And how did you find your way home.:cool: Just nice to hear a calm sane voice.;)

[Edited on 8-22-2006 by Sonora Wind]

[Edited on 8-22-2006 by Sonora Wind]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 03:57 PM

Welcome Back Michelle!

Yes, I sent out an email recently mostly to those who do not post here very much or at all... BajaCactus (Antonio) has been posting news and questions regarding the Nov. 4 festival which he and I jointly are calling VIVA BAJA CACTUS.

Like your BBBB (Boojum Buddies Baja Bash) parties, it will be in Baja and open to all. Like my VIVA BAJA parties, it will be to promote Baja travel, meet like minded folks, and have fun.

Here is a photo of when we last saw you at the April, 2005 Pyramid Resort Book party... with Baja Nomad 'jeans' on your left...

[Edited on 8-23-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 04:12 PM

Hi "M"

glad to hear you're well!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 05:55 PM

It's US that need the update - Just WHAT have you been up to? Good to hear from you; now write some good stories!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 06:40 PM
MaMaMia- we have Missed you!!

Welcome back, lots has happened.
Let's talk orphanages when you have a chance.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 07:46 PM

Hey Michelle, welcome back (back? well majority of "Amigos" seem to have settled here) Around here? Same s...., different day.
Civility reigns everywhere but the Off-Topic board and even there it seems the most vitriolic and nasty personal attacks have slightly abated. A bit. Sort of. Maybe. Temporarily?

The usual suspects, sages and fools, are mostly still around.

C'mon, spill.;D

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 07:49 PM
everything is better now......

Only a few days ago I ran across some guy with a foldboat and just went off talking about how there was a really crazy gal in Baja who wrapped her rods in pink thread, fer christ's sake, who just about died when the foldboat acctually folded on her in the surf. And BHL? I'll never forget the breakfast at CL, the day after the pig roast at BBBB#1, when BHL slid into our booth with that look that can only be the result of 3 too many CL marggies. One look at my huevos whatever and he made a quick run to banjo....hee, hee. M just laugh and muttered "rookies" under her breath but I heard it. Good times.......
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:03 PM

As always, a Pleasure to read and see you. If DK and Antonio didn't have the Viva Baja Cactus party happening in Nov I'd suggest we all descend on Cielito Lindo, BBBB Style!

Santiago missed the best part of the Fold-A-Boat story. Topless!! Too Funny!!

Good to see you out and about.

Bedman
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:21 PM

SallySouth, Bedman and M-Again!

Photo taken by the late Dik Lang at Viva Baja #4

[Edited on 8-23-2006 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:24 PM
Michelle (M) and BHL

In Feb. 2003 at Viva Baja 4

Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:29 PM
Glad your back.

Tell us what you've been up to. We all love the fold a boat story. You should post it again for the new comers. Puts a smile on my face still. Great story. Hope to see you at the viva cactus party,k:yes:

[Edited on 8-23-2006 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 09:50 PM
M

You have several stories that the young ones would really appreciate.

How about the topas and the rain around Santa Tomas. Yeah! I still have the ones you sent me a few years ago. Some day!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 8-22-2006 at 11:04 PM

HOLA M.

Well, I just recently signed on to Nomad myself. I was out of commission for quite awhile. I was serving time and was just released in March. It was good to be greeted by old AMIGOS. I look forward to seeing you and
BHL some time soon.

Tu Amigo, AMO :smug:

Wait a minute...You didn't think I meant in the Casa Grande did you???
I'm not that kind of guy!!! ...LOL :saint:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 02:06 AM

MMMMMMMMM! Great to hear from you! Wow! Amo and M in the same week!

Mean people suck!
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 06:43 PM

Welcome Home!
You are one of the favorite people on the Nomad Board!
And of course, Number (classified) on my WiW list!
Email coming.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 06:57 PM

Hi M, and ditto what everyone else said. It is good to see your initial around again. My best to BHL as well.

Fondly,
P.<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 08:12 PM

HELLO EVERYBODY, boy this is a really terrific homecoming. Thanks for all the kind words.
MA MA MIA yourself Runner, LOL. Would you please email me with more info on the orphanages? Writeme1@cox.net
OSO, great news and just the kind I hoped to hear. Maybe we can once more see the happy amigo?s attitude that went way back to the old board. . Boy I missed that, we all had some great times together, sadly, the bickering was one of the reasons I dropped out.
Santiago, I just had to pick myself off the floor I was laughing so hard. I peed a little too.
It?s been 3 years since I re-posted that story, I?m happy that you remembered it, Oh yes, the BBBB1. I remembered BHL that next morning too. He was WARNED about those margies. I also recall it was pretty rough sleeping with him that night too! LOL, good times.
Bedman, I?m surprised you forgot that while I was being tossed in the surf I was NAKED not just topless AND locked OUT of Grunt! I?ll never live that down. D.K. You HAD to drag out the fat pictures! Thanks a lot, but since then I?ve dropped 55lbs. (BHL picked them up).
Bernie, you still have those stories? The originals? I have them on a floppy disk and my new computer does not have an A drive. Crap! I guess Kinko?s can put them on a disk for me. Keri, I guess that little adventure should be re-posted since it?s been mentioned a few times. To the newcomers that don?t know me, I had some pretty funny experiences while traveling alone in my wonder van ?Grunt?. Maybe someone has a copy of that story and can post it again. I remember when I wrote it, back on the old Amigo?s board about 8 years ago, someone posted ?what?s the stupidest/worst thing that you?ve done in Baja?. Hey, since there are so many new people, that question might be fun to throw out there again. We had some great stories from that thread.
Hey Amo, welcome back yourself! I hope to see you at ?Cactus?.
DEBRA! I sure hope you get your butt down here for ?Cactus?, I know it is REALLY a long haul for you, but if you start planning now?..
Mike and Mary Anne, I bet your loving life there in BOLA. GeoRock and I were there a couple years ago in the Hummer during a respite from my problems. I guess you got your place after that. As for writing again, hell Mike, These last 3 years have been pretty rough and writing wouldn?t have been a good idea. I was a little bit cranky. NEAL!! Don?t even THINK that I have given up my A1 wife in waiting status. I remember being in the sack with you at the hot springs, LOL. But that?s ANOTHER story.

Ok, where have I been? Well, I had to quit working 3 years ago, this stupid bone disease has been picking me apart pieces at a time. I?ve had my neck rebuilt with bone grafts from my hip, all held together with plates and screws. THEN I had 2 total hip replacements, then a THIRD hip operation to fix some stupid stuff the Dr. did while rummaging around my pelvic area. Let me mention the 11 hip dislocations I went through in between hip replacements because my dipsh*t Dr put the wrong size joint in. He eventually got it right.The neighborhood kids thought it TOTALLY cool that the fire truck and ambulance was on our street almost every week. I however, was not amused. The very last dislocation, the paramedics had to haul me off my toilet at 2AM. My humiliation and frustration was complete. It was after that that my Ortho finally figured out that he was going to have to re-do my hip and put in the right size. After that was all over, my right shoulder collapsed and was totally replaced with a sexy little titanium model. Not to be left out, my LEFT shoulder collapsed AND developed a bone infection that kept me in hospital for 8 days, and 6 weeks of at home I.V antibiotics. Not sure if there is enough bone left to hold a replacement joint, Dr. said wait and see. Needless to say, I have been getting or getting over some sort of operation. Have not had the opportunity to get to Baja lately, but seems I have GOT to get there Nov. 4th. Sounds like a great time!
I was just thinking. When they finally get around to cremating me, won?t they be surprised! Ashes and a junk yard. I have more metal in me now than a Buick! Here is the GOOD NEWS, everything seems to be holding together and all the surgeries are over. Now?.It?s play time, I have a LOT of catching up to do.
Hugs to all
M-AGAIN
Michelle
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 08:37 PM
Bionic woman indeed!

Seems like all the good parts are still intact (mainly your sense of humour)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.