BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: HELLO AGAIN, BEEN GONE AWHILE...
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 08:39 PM
Lady

Don't even think of flying!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 08:46 PM

Wonderful return of M (Michelle)!

We first knew her as 'Feather' (boy is that a name out of the Sixties, or what?) with her posts on Amigos asking if anyone else had creepy things happen to them at EL TOMATAL.

It was such a great story, the few photos Michelle had (that were not destroyed when her van 'Grunt' burned down with Michelle almost burning up with it) were sent to me to make a web page.

Please visit http://vivabaja.com/et M's El Tomatal story and photos...

Michelle, her van 'Grunt' and her folding boat on top...

[Edited on 8-24-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 05:22 AM
LOLOLOLOL

Now THERE is a man with a memory! Yes Grover, there started out one lobster fisherman above me on the cliffs spotting lobster traps for his brother. Obviously, he must have come back to check the show at low tide. He brought friends. I think 6 of them. Good grief, everybody sure has a good memory. Heck, I was naked all the time in Baja, just not with WITNESSES! (I think?) Now, being locked out of my van was a bit distressing. My keys were UNDER WATER! Of ALL places, I regret most that it was Fred Hoctors back yard and I waited for months for him to out me in Western Outdoor News. Luckily, I escaped that. That man loved to give me a hard time. God I miss him....

Bernie, I have flown a few times and I always get searched with that metal wand, and it goes off like a pin ball machine.
It's so absurd that usually the guard and I end up laughing about it. One gal in Chicago wanted to pursue it and I just showed her my shoulders patched up like a scarecrow. I was ready to drop drawers and show her my a*s but she waved me through. Ahhh Good times...:spingrin:
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 08:24 AM

M, I carry a "Hip Replacement I.D. Card", the size of a credit card. It's made by Stryker, the mfg of my titanium joint. It has a picture on the front (looks like an automotive ball joint) and info on the back filled in by my surgeon. I just present the card before going through the metal detectors and they usually pull me off to the side to do the wand thing. I'll be getting my other one done soon. Waited too damn long (2 years), now the guy who did the first one (excellent job) has quit doing hips. Knees are easier, faster and he's rich enough already. So, now I have to go with 2nd choice, the doc who assisted the first one.

Let's get together and see if these things are magnetic.:lol:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 09:20 AM

Uh Oh! Marian wants to know the details of my sack time with you!
So I told her "It was great!" and nothing else. My lips are sealed. Trust Me.:lol::lol::lol:

How can you lose 55 lbs. when you have such a large sense of humor left?

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 07:02 PM

I have one of those cards to Oso, the guards didn't even glance at it. I guess in these times everyone is suspect and you all know what a terrorist I am! LOL.
Neal, I'm gratefull for your 'discretion'. I am still A1 WIW right?? right???
OK D.K, let's see you pull that cat fight with Jeans over Neal out of your hat. I KNOW you got that pic somewhere!
By the way, Jeans (Mindy) is spending the night with me tonight. She's in my neck of the woods and I can't wait to see her again.
M
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by M-AGAIN
OK D.K, let's see you pull that cat fight with Jeans over Neal out of your hat. I KNOW you got that pic somewhere!
By the way, Jeans (Mindy) is spending the night with me tonight. She's in my neck of the woods and I can't wait to see her again.
M

Sure Michelle, it was taken by Neal Johns at my Viva Baja #4 party. All of Viva Baja 4 pics are at http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja4

Here is that one photo of you and jeans fighting for a lower Neal Johns 'Wife in Waiting' (WiW) number!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 10:34 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL

I can always count on you D.K.
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:45 PM

Are you the gal that likes to fish naked?:P I read your story years ago, very funny.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:56 PM
Am I the only one....

wondering if there are photos of that "surf moment" which might be posted???
M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 06:44 AM
I'm going to..

put all those stories on a CD, and I'll post my Punta Banda story when it's done. Darn new computer doesn't have a floppy drive and I have to convert TONS of documents. Really a pain in the A*s to have to keep changing storage of things as technology keeps changing.
M
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 07:34 AM

m...

a floppy for your computer is $4.82 at newegg

dlivered to your door for $4.99 shipping

that's less than $10 total
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E168211520...

it will save you lots of effort

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 08:27 AM
Happy Birthday to M !!!!

I won't spill the frijoles on how many candles are on your birthday burrito, I'm just glad that you're having one!

Thanks for the crash pad the other night....AND...how thoughtful of you for providing me with a personally monogrammed robe.

But you scared the $#!T outta me when you fell on the stairs and yelled OW!

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 11:41 AM

Dear M and Jeans,

Some of us know our WIW # and don't have to ask, nor fight over it:yes:......Ja ja ja! As for being #1, I think I have that number covered, so pick another!:P

Your amiga,
P.:saint:

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 11:46 AM

My lips are sealed BUT there is something to be said for a woman whose signature is

Well behaved women rarely make history.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 12:04 PM

Thank you Neal.
:saint:
Yours,
P.<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 03:45 PM
Sigh,

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 03:50 PM
OOPs

I hit enter before and it posted before I wrote my message.
Thanks for the Birthday greetings Jeans. I sure enjoyed seeing you too.
Hello Paulina! how the heck are you? and WHERE the heck are you these days?
I'm going to let that WIF comment of yours slide since you are clearly delusional. I liked your chicken fish too. Would you call that a 'chicken of the sea'?
Are you going to be at the cactus thingy? oh heck, I'm asking evetrybody, guess I'll just post a new thread and ask who's going.
Hugs,
M
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 05:34 PM

Ahhhhh---welcome home to the million dollar babe. You now have more spare parts than a space shuttle. Missed ya mucho.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2006 at 10:18 PM
SHARKY!

Hello Love. I don't know about a million, but probably pretty darn close. LOL. I'm feeling pretty good these days, how about you? That ticker still seems to be working. Are you in Loreto now? BHL and I were just talking about you and his first Yellowtail. That was a wonderfull day and BHL still loves telling that story.
How are those crazy brothers in Loreto? do you still see them or have they killed themselves yet?
M
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.