Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Glad and also sad to be a Nomad
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 10:02 PM

sorry david:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::yes::yes: ppl look different with a flowerpot on the heads:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

jerry and judi
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 10:34 PM

Corky, just keep bringing the sauce. You don't need a gun, its the sauce man the sauce. But just in case, I got your back.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 10:42 PM
backside?

Hey! Watch it there pal!!:lol:

Sauce?? Yep, makin' mo manana!

Den, everythang cool?:cool:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 08:34 AM
Thanks to all here

For over 30 years I've been a frequent Baja traveler- mostly Sur. In the next few years we are moving to La Paz and doing full-time what I now do part-time loving the life of a Baja Nomad.

This site is helping me to get reacquainted with the good and occassional bad things I will have to deal with. Here in DC there were 12 murders in 14 days in July and the police declared an emergency- so some things are relevant. Like when my wife's car was stolen from in front of our house and no one was ever charged. But, it was found a few days later about 10 blocks away and a cop sat there for hours waiting for a tow truck to make sure it didn't get stolen again or stripped. Yin and Yang.

I appreciate the insight about a special place that I have loved for almost a lifetime and I'll be asking some questions as we move closer to our dream. This board as a resource is the best and like my college sports website I think I'll develop friendships that will improve my outlook on life and sometimes death.

Thanks Nomads-- Abe Lincoln - who suffered from what he called the "black dog" -- depression-- knew that life is what you make it when he observed-" people are just about as happy as they decide to be!"

Be well and happy Nomads--- Norm

Life is too short to drink bad wine
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 08:57 AM
Beautifully said, Norm------

---------and we NOMAD's await your questions, and hope we can be of service to you.:yes:
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 09:59 AM

My favorite picture of you DK! You look like Dr. Frankenstein's monster!

But just so you won't take this too seriously, I present a picture of me for you to cherish:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 11:18 AM

Barry- I used to live in Willows and you could see Mt. Shasta from my back yard. Used to fish the SActo River for salmon and had many nice night watching the meteor showers up by Whiskeytown lake.

Life is too short to drink bad wine
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:20 PM

Man, where do I get me some of those b-tchen glasses?
M-AGAIN

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 04:52 PM
Great thread!

As a good thread should, it wanders the hell all over the place.
You really made some thoughtfull observations about this board Sharks, and summed it up very well.
I go back YEARS with these people and dropped out occasionaly because of the bickering and peein fits.
Well, I dropped back in again because after carefull lurking, I saw the tone of this board once again change to a good thing.
Good will, fellowship and a common love have enthusiastically brought together an extremely diverse group of people from all levels of wealth or poverty, and they all look the same in a t-shirt and a coat of Baja dust.
I'm delighted to see old friends posts and what appears to be some pretty cool newbies.
Yes, there has been some pretty depressing events happening down in Baja lately but this is the place to come for the news and for help if it is ever needed. I read in a post someone asking what do you do if something happens to you down there. Simple. Find an internet cafe, post and ask a Nomad what to do. It probably won't be long before the marines (AKA Nomads) arrives. They live all over the peninsula and most will drive all night to help you without having ever even met you. That's what this is all about. No matter what happens in Baja, Iraq, the states or anywhere else, we have here and we have each other. I hope that spirit isn't lost again. I was very sad at what this board had become and I really hated dropping out. BUT it's great to be back!
Capitolkat's was a very cool post too. D.C probably is a place where you can easily get that 'black dog' feeling with all the violence, politicians etc...However, log on and your in another frame of mind in a very short time.
Neal baby, your still SMOKIN HOT! Love the glasses. Are those Marians?
M
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:03 PM

Glasses? I thought they were portholes.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.