Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Another shooting in TJ
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 08:36 AM
Another shooting in TJ

Gives some insight into the possible gang connection and what can be expected if the cops do nothing.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1326151/detail.html

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 08:44 AM

This incident is obviously tied to drug gang activities - those trying to take over control.

"The victims' last name leads investigators to suspect they are related to Benjamin and Ramon Arellano Felix, the brothers who headed up the cartel that controlled drug trafficking in Tijuana for years. "

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:29 AM
How depressing......

........that this common occurance in TJ gets international news coverage, yet the cases involving the death and near death of foreigners engaged in activities related to tourism get no international coverage.

Let's see......in both cases the sources of information are law enforcement agencies in Mexico. :rolleyes:

Coverups can take all forms.........

[Edited on 8-25-2006 by Hook]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:43 AM

Am I wrong, but isn't the date on the article 2002? Not that the same things are not happening now, however. Also, the idea that it will just get worse if not stopped, is very true today.

I do hope the recent problems do end up in the news----it might shake up the authorities.

Diane

[Edited on 8-25-2006 by jdtrotter]

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:45 AM

Good eye, Diane
Bernie....que pasa con esto?

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 10:03 AM
Damn,

Bernie's involved in the coverup! :lol:

Cluck-cluck........
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 01:02 PM

Hey Bernie, what are you trying to start here? I have a hard enough time trying to remember todays news.:lol: c-cka-dodle-doo.....
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 02:02 PM
Most Sorry!

I had provided some media people, I know, with the Catavina killing and they responded with the thread to this site and asked if it could be related--I replied No! I was hoping that they would run with the information I had provided them--sadly they have not at this time.

I goofed and looked at the date in the upper right corner--August 25, 2006. Re-read it and saw the 2002 date that I had skipped over in error---Most sorry.--Diane, glad you caught it.

I just can not believe that no one in the media has done anything with these two incidents--I know that some of them were made aware of them.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 02:11 PM

We have little to fear from the drug cartel people....you best be on the lookout for the POLICE in my opinion.....:O
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 02:29 PM
Surfer Jim-----------

----tell that to the family of the 2 guys that were murdered on the beach below El Rosario several years ago----------it was suspected that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and were wasted by drug thugs.

I personally have never had a problem with either the Druggies, or the Police------------knock on wood!!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 03:21 PM

Does anyone have any connections to the Political Authorities in San Diego or the State of California??

The very best way is to put pressure on the Governor.
It would all stop if Arnold would Close the Border from this Side and allow "No Passage either way for a period of ! Month!
Just think of the repurcussions from Both Sides!
Skeet/Loreto
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 04:39 PM
Closing the Border ?

Putting aside the fact that NO State Governor has the legal authority to close an International border, there is an election in less than three months so don't expect anything definitive to occur.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 04:43 PM
Hook, bajaudy, Phil C, Diane-- MOST SORRY!

Another shooting in TJ---Most Sorry! So, please forgive me!

I had provided some media people, I know, with the Catavina killing and they responded with the thread to this site and asked if it could be related--I replied No! I was hoping that they would run with the information I had provided them--sadly they have not at this time.

I goofed and looked at the date in the upper right corner--August 25, 2006. Re-read it and saw the 2002 date that I had skipped over in error---Most sorry.--Diane, glad you caught it.

I just can not believe that no one in the media has done anything with these two incidents--I know that some of them were made aware of them.

kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 04:51 PM

Bernie, lay off the sauce dude.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:07 PM

Bernie,
Please! I hesitated to point out the date---doesn't feel good to tell someone they missed seeing something -- and considering how you got the information, I would have assumed it was current. But then again, maybe not because I NEVER make a mistake. :lol::lol::lol:

Besides, things are still happening---have you read the latest report posted in the Baja News part of this forum?

Keep pushing the people you know.

Diane

opps, had to edit this because I made a mistake and left something I meant to delete. :lol:

[Edited on 8-26-2006 by jdtrotter]

kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:10 PM

Dear God, Please forgive me for that last post. AMEN!
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:14 PM

Skeet, what are you smoking? Even if it weren't a total fantasy, closing the border wouldn't help. The huge flows of drugs and money and the increasing social stratification in BCN being fueled by the development boom, which are two key causes of this problem, wouldn't be affected one whit if we "closed" the border.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:25 PM
Kingpin

Thank you dude! Just like most folks don't drink and drive--I don't do the internet and drink. With me anymore that, drinking, is basically just for Baja and that is seldom anymore.

Thanks Diane

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 05:48 PM

There is another HUGE consideration in the idea of closing the border, the separation of families. Just can't do it.

When 9/11 hit we where living and teaching high school in Calexico -- they closed the border, and we had a real potential problem.

Many people have a business or work in Mexicali and live in Calexico---their children attend school in Calexico. Some people in Calexico send their children to elementary (usually private) school in Mexicali. In the high school there were students from Mexicali--- some paying the required tuition to attend a public school in the US and some not---but their parents were in Mexicali.

Fortunately, the border opened before the end of the school day.

Also, in some areas, there would be a real economic impact on this side. As one buffet owner told us, 85% of his business came from Mexicali.

For the border people who live on both sides of the border, closing it would be a disaster.

Just my opinion
Diane

[Edited on 8-26-2006 by jdtrotter]

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:09 PM

Jeezus, Bernie, can't we all just get along. No need for apology. At our ages, we are lucky we can even see the paper at all---let alone the date.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.