Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  27
Author: Subject: Tropical Storm John
CaboBrian

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:40 PM
TS JOHN

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure they would cancel my flight if it was too bad down there....at least I hope they would. I guess we'll see where this bad boy goes and make a decision on friday. I'd rather reschedule than go down there when things are upside down.

Thanks again and please keep me updated if you could.
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:43 PM
Sounds like you have it down bajajudy

We'll all watch this one until he's dead. I too hope he turns hard left and sends a fetch our way ( so cal ). This makes for an interresting summer? yes:cool:

Be Safe:cool:

[Edited on 8-29-2006 by Sonora Wind]
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:55 PM
The Airport

Is a very long way from the beach. It may rain like heck. You may have trouble getting from point A to Point B. But you"ll never forget the trip. But you might want to book in May next time.:cool:

Please post the adventure.:cool:
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:55 PM
The Airport

Is a very long way from the beach. It may rain like heck. You may have trouble getting from point A to Point B. But you"ll never forget the trip. But you might want to book in May next time.:cool:

Please post the adventure.:cool:

[Edited on 8-29-2006 by Sonora Wind]
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:57 PM
I guess I double clicked

aliibike
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 04:00 PM

Thanks Judy! I have the site, just didn't see that option. Can't believe I didn't see it actually, is it new?

Rick
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 05:56 PM

Brian, around here the pesos you might need may be for "fording". Lots of enterprising sorts go to the flooded highway/access roads with 4X4s and taxis to get stranded tourists/road travelers across raging water to catch planes, buses, get to medical centers. We had whole resort populations in this area, luggage held high, wading out to be taxied/rowed/carried to the airport side of rivers that ran for 2 months after the storms. Couple of my pals paid up to $500 dollars to get to where they wanted to be in taxis and are still talking about how cheap that was.
CaboBrian

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 06:00 PM

How does the road between the airport and La Paz and from La Paz to Cabo usually take this sort of thing?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 06:14 PM

CB
We havent had a big storm since they put in bridges at several of the problem areas between the airport and La Paz. I figure that Osprey is talking about Las Cuevas which now has a bridge. These bridges have not been tested. The one by San Bartolo looks to me like the banks will wash away before the bridge, leaving it stranded.
If it is that bad the airport will be closed anyway. It doesnt look like we will get much more than rain. We will know more as each day passes.
If you are coming to Baja, be ready for any adventure that nature throws your way.....that is all part of its charm:biggrin:

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 06:38 PM

Google Earth has an upgrade for storms. Pretty Cool :O
bajablue
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 11:15 PM

CB,
bring your rain gear for Cabo Del Sol. I want to see some photos of you on the par 3, with the storm in the back ground. remember to club up, into the wind..
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 11:53 AM

looks like Friday evening will be a bad night for Rips or Lattitude 22 ! Bunker down.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 12:51 PM
Latest from NOAA

Early AM Friday thru Saturday look rough for the Cabo area...batton down the hatches and stock up on the cervezas amigos...Play safe.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 12:56 PM

I dont know about the bridges east of the airport going to LAP but the ones between SJD and San Lucas have been tested and failed a couple of times since they were put in in the early 90's. El Tule went twice and one time the water kept running from the montanas for almost 6 months. It changed the whole bottom structure and composition of Chileno Reef area.
John was upgraded to a Cat 4 this afternoon and his track modified a little further east. If you are anywhere near the area I would take Judy's advice. Hunker down and be safe.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 12:56 PM

K\Look at this it is scary::O:O:O

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/ep200611.html

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 01:06 PM

where is the water going to come from??

looks like the question has been answered??

jerry and judi
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 01:12 PM

Jerry
If you are asking about my post the water runs down out of the 6,000+ foot mountains just north of SJD and northeast of San Lucas.
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Google Earth has an upgrade for storms. Pretty Cool :O

Where? I didn't find any links at www.googleearth.com?

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 02:15 PM

seems that its time to put in some dams and save some of this water for new construced housing?? if it wasnt for dams the whole state of cali would be a cactic patch for rabbits and reptiles

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 02:23 PM

osoflojo
i was in cabo in december that year the bridge washed out in november right after the presadent of mexico dedacated it
it was a hell of a mess 43 inches of rain in 24 hours
400 and some dead
all the ppl living in the wash in sjdc along with everthing they had washed out to sea
i was refering to a often asked question on this board as to where will the water come from for the new building dams would preserve the water and controll the runoff

jerry and judi
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.