Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Doctors in Baja
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 11:48 AM
Doctors in Baja

How about a thread of recommened Doctors in the different towns and villages of Baja. The good the bad the english speaking etc.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 01:06 PM

SFB,

You just thinking of having a single thread with this information, or something like a full forum for reviews of doctors - just as there are forums here now for restaurant and lodging reviews?

Thanks,
--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 02:32 PM

Doug,
That is gonna get pretty narrow....
then someone will want a thread on real estate brokers
then one on insurance
then one on dive shops.
etc. etc.
you get the drift.

maybe you could simply do a "recommended services" thread... that might work.

as to doctors....
my experience has been there are probably only a handful of places that have doctors to choose from,

like in LABay there is just one clinic (where we had to take a guy last year who tried to filet his foot- pretty well succeeded too, I might add)
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 03:42 PM

If you take La Paz, and you have 3 different people give you a list they will all be different just like the restaurants.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 04:54 PM

..."like in LABay there is just one clinic (where we had to take a guy last year who tried to filet his foot- pretty well succeeded too, I might add..."
________________________________________________________________________________________________
The young female doctor currently assigned to BOLA clinic is knowledgeable, well trained but poorly equiped when compaired to her US or Canadian counter parts. Never the less she functions very well in less than ideal conditions with less than adequate supplies.

After discovering that CVAs were pandemic in BOLA, my dear wife and I donated a new top of the line in the box professional Spanish language defibulator to the clinic - (yes it was expensive)

Rather than taking your old out of date worn out clothes, that you no longer want to Baja and destroying what dignity that remains of the receipants, why not stop by you local drug store and purchase some over the counter supplies, tape, bandages, etc.

The next foot that is converted into a filet may be yours... Kinda ruins the trip.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dean miller

Rather than taking your old out of date worn out clothes, that you no longer want to Baja and destroying what dignity that remains of the receipants, why not stop by you local drug store and purchase some over the counter supplies, tape, bandages, etc.

Dean,
You may have a point with the drug store supplies, but I feel that you are way off target with your comment regarding used clothing (as you were with your 'life threatening disease' post a while back). There is nothing undignified in needing clothing and accepting used articles. There are different levels of need everywhere, and to snub your nose at those of us who take clothing as well as other various sundries only makes you look kinda snobby if you ask me. Good for you for being able to afford to give so generously, but most of us give what we can, and find it most appreciated without needing the recognition for it.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 12:24 PM

Here in Asuncion, whenever a visitor comes, several poor families come and ask if they brought clothes down as many do. I like the idea of a recommended list of services...for example we have a fantastic dentist that does work so cheap, for example a root canal was less than $70 and a bridge of 3 teeth was less than $500 and he's a great guy too. Also mechanics are good guys to refer to.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2006 at 03:37 PM

dean Miller.
Once again"Warm Jackets for Cold Kids"
This Baja Sur Charity was set up following the saving of my Wife's' Life in 1992
at The General Hospital in Cuidad Constitution.
We became friends with the Director.When ask what we could do, he ask that we bring Warm Jackets for the Poor children around the Area as in the Summertime the Fog moves in and causes lots of Colds etc.
We started collecting Jackets, mostly from the School Districts Lost and Found. Many Jackets are left on Buses and never claimed. Most are very good Condition. taken to Constitution and given to the Poorest of the Poor.
We have been on several of those trips with the Hospital Social Worker
You should see the Eyes of the Children when a Jacket is given and put on to Wear!!!.First time for Most.!!

My suggestion is that you take a Couple of Suticases,Jackets and Warm Sweatshirts to fit from 3 yrs to 13 yrs. Stop at the General Hospital,tell them you have clothing, ask if you can go with the Social Worker to distrube.

Then come back to the Board and tell us of your Expierence.

Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.