Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Ride compliments of El Rosario
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:20 PM
New Ride compliments of El Rosario

Nacho Libre will be SO jealous...While passing through El Rosario Dern had to run into the mercado for something, leaving me in the truck. He came out and made the huge mistake of telling me that I had to go back inside and see the bike they had on display. I grabbed the camera and came back to the truck with the firm belief that I had to have it.

For the next three weeks Dern tried to make me happy with various substitutions. He found a beauty in what seemed to be an 8 mile long dump in Abreojos. I tried it on for size just to humor him, but didn't make it very far on my first test run. (I had that orange beauty always in the back of my mind the entire time....)

Pinching my pesos while buying $3.00 bags of melted ice when we got back to Bahia after our loop drive to Tortugas was tough, but somehow we had the coin three weeks later when we pulled up to the mercado and found that the bike was still there.

Unfortunately there wasn't a discount if we didn't want the sandia the bike was displaying, but it was still a lot less than the granny panty three wheelers on this side of the border that I've been looking at.

Back at La Jolla it made a great taxi to the launch ramp for sunset tours, lots of room in the front for passengers and supplies and it was all downhill too. Dern thinks that we should have it modified to a three speed for those uphill climbs. We started to notice them around town in Maneadero and Ensenada. Most of them seem to be being pushed...

It's a bit tricky handling the curves, I've rolled it twice, no worse for wear. When Dern rides in the front he has to lean out like a side car on a motorcycle to keep us from riding up on two wheels and tipping over, too funny. He is going to modify the front basket so I can throw my backpack in there and ride to work.

I can't wait.

Here she sits still in her wrappers. Love at first sight.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:21 PM

This is one of Dern's attempts to ease me into something more my speed.

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:23 PM

Another view. Sorry for the photo quality, but the bike isn't really worth the clear view if I knew what I was doing. In my opinion, not Dern's. He was all for this one as the price was so right.

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2006 at 10:25 PM

Loading her up into the panga on our way North. The checkpoint guys on the top of the hill were excited to see it in the back of the panga. Hey! You got that at the market!!!
When she's all pimped out I'll post another photo if anyones interested.

aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 08:25 AM

Paulina, If you ever motorize it watch out taking curvas too quickly...remember Nacho winding up in the downhill field. Got to put some crusifixes in the rear view mirrors. I loved that flic.... Destined to be a cult classic!!!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2006 at 08:45 PM

Love your new ride P! I't so.....well, YOU! :yes:

Mean people suck!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.