Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nomad storm victims
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 12:37 AM
Nomad storm victims

Kinda concerned for our Nomad kin in the lower Sur. A number of reports are saying Cabo Pulmo , La Ribera and Los Barriles got hit with 125mph+ . Do most of those Nomads like Osprey or Judy have DSL or high speed links?

Bajabus; have you clients in that area with connectability in such extreme weather and if so can give us an idea if any Nomads with "hardened capability" are inthat hard-hit area. Not a whole lotta info coming out., thanx. Corky

[Edited on 9-3-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 07:15 AM

Sharks, I am continually trying to get updates from customers and friends in the area...I think the guy most prepared and able to withstand anything is Lou Quaccia. He was supposed to go out in his hummer again today to try and scout out the area. knowing the area, Lou and others they are cut off and probably very busy helping out their neighbors whenever and however they can. the area that seems to have been hardest hit seems to be between Boca de vinorama and Cabo Pulmo. We have about 10 customers at vinorama including Pino Ranaudo but have not hear a peep from them. That arroyo along side Pinos place runs long and hard, I can only imagine how bloated and roaring it is right now. Most of our customers in the area are not normally down there this time of the year so it's been frustrating and difficult to learn the situation down there at the moment. Judging from Lou's last excursion yesterday he was not able to make it to vinorama. As I get notices I will not hesitate to post them in the hurricane thread. I wish I was down there and could report first hand but my wife and I are expecting a new kid very soon and no way she was going to let me go down there for the hurricane......

[Edited on 3-9-2006 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 07:57 AM

Good morning ... Sunday 9am CSL time

Later in the day we will report what we have been able to ascertain from the Los Barilles area .. Members of our staff have family there.

We will take truck loads from CSL to regions north that need emergency supplies. Anyone wishing to participate please contact us. tommyandlori"AT"cabomagic.com

Hoping wishing and praying for the best of the worst possible ... LG

[Edited on 9-3-2006 by CaboMagic]
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 11:00 AM

Hey Sharky, it doesn't look good in Mulege. I'm on the river but at least a little higher up than you. We may be cleaning up a mess together. All the phone's seem to be out in Mulege and probably why were not hearing from Bruce. I've tried to call him and a lot of other people there to no avail. lets hope for the best. When are you going down?

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 12:02 PM
Den

Not good news.I think we have only a couple feet of draft. I'll be going down very soon if there is flooding. Keep us informed if you hear something. High tide is at noon.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 05:05 PM

Sharky, let me know when you head down. I may be going down without Noel, so maybe we can go together or at least follow each other. Mas Tarde.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 05:33 PM

You guys watch for our truck on the way down...

My brother-in-law marked it for us:cool::cool:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 05:59 PM
I may convoy with Sharks and Den

Here's how to watch for me:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 06:07 PM

You guys be sure there is a road there before you take off. I know this comment requires a "duh", but I've been pondering the same thing. Not sure how or when the road condition can be confirmed.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 08:04 PM
You bet Toneart

I'm counting on this remarkable network we have to let me know when it will be OK for a coward like me.:lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 08:35 PM

Hey Vag!

I hope you weren't the one who gave TS John ideas:
"IF IT AIN'T BROKE...take it apart and find out why.":smug:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.