BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MULEGE: Condition of Orchard Vacation Village?!
m.porosky

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 10:23 PM
MULEGE: Condition of Orchard Vacation Village?!

My family owns the Orchard Vacation Village in Mulege and we are unable to contact anybody down there. I'm living in California and I am the daughter of the Saucedo family. We are very anxious to hear if they are all right, especially reading the reports on here that homes may be under 3.5 Feet of water. The last I talked to them was Saturday at 10 PM PST and they said that the rain just started to come down heavily and we lost communications. Any word would be HIGHLY appreciated.

If anybody hears anything at all about Mulege, please reply or private message me.

Thank you,

Debbie

-
candicenelms

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:32 PM
Roberto Saucedo

Debbie,

This is info someone has posted on the forum when I asked about friends and family living in the Orchard:

" I do believe they all were preparing because I got an email from Roberto (the developer and owner of The Orchard) on Friday. He was notifying all of us to prepare (if we had someone down there caretaking our casitas), and he was moving his office. Also, I had a phone message relayed to me from Hugh Llewellan's wife, Pat early yesterday morning before communications were knocked out. Pat is in Las Vegas. Hugh said that he and the dogs were getting out of there and that Roberto and family were not going to spend the night in The Orchard."

Hope this helps.

Best,
Candice
Motoman

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 08:34 PM

Debbie:
The information from Candice is accurate. I spoke to Roberto 2 or 3 times on Friday. I also sent and received two emails from Hugh. Roberto said he had been up very late Thursday night moving things to higher ground. He told me he moved his files up to Carmen's. When I spoke to him approx. 6:00pm Mulege time he said he was going to go to Carmens but he did not think he would spending the night at her house or in the Orchard.
Sincerely,
Gary
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 09:54 PM
MULEGE REPORT- ORCHARD PARK 9/4/06

At the request of a family member of the Orchard Park, I went there today to see if everyone was Ok, and to report back to the CA family member what I found. it was a great experience to meet with the Saucedo family. All was well there, and I send out emails saying so to all who asked. It's striking to me that, in all of Loreto and Mulege and Santa Rosalia, I am only one of 10-15 who can send out a message to the rest of the world at this time of year from there areas. Satellite internet and solar power are rare here in the summer months. If others have special requests to help connect with family, please know I am happy to aid in that. The first pix is of the owners of Orchard Park...the rest is of the huge ugly hurrican John we now call "John Water".

A guy named Bobby, who seems like he sees himself as a kingpin there said now after two floods and a fire in three years, he's bought land and starting a development near San Bruno...1,300 houses planned in phase one...go figure.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 11:04 PM

Thank you Casa!

These are the first pictures posted of The Orchard. Other posts have said "The Orchard is gone." This gives me and other some hope that our casitas are salvagable. If you get back there could you please give me information on my casita; #90. It is Adobe colored with bright blue trim. The decorative tile on the front steps are sunflowers Also, I have/had a panga parked six lots down, the one with mature mango trees. The name is "Copout" Is it still there and what is its condition?
Your priorities are to first inquire about people whos relatives want news of their whereabouts, of course. My request is only if you can find the time.

Do you think it is possible for me to come down immediately or would I become part of the problem right now; consumption? I would bring need supplies to the community. Is the ground firm enough to support a trailer?

Your input would certainly be appreciated...and anyone elses' for that matter.

Thank you.
Tony
barnes

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 11:41 PM
?????

Thanks so much for the report and the pictures-now know mama and her mama are ok--some houses are ok--we are worried about people that survived--assume everyone ok?
heard 3 deaths?

we own? #112 past robertos around the corner and first intersection on left--that is ours--is it still there or any part of it? \\

whatever=-most important--can we get through to provide assistance-not yet i am sure-gasoline--down there-etc.

if you get back to me or anybody else--thanks! joe barnes
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 12:04 AM
Joe

The fourth photo was taken from our patio. The yellow remains are the columns to our(former) neighbors palapa.

It appears our walls are intact as is our palapa. Our house had better reinforcement obviously. I hear that everything got sucked out of our house?? Our garage is gone too. You probably fared better if you were in the center Orchard area. The force must have been incledibly strong in order to take that house out completely. Suerte, Corky

[Edited on 9-5-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
A guy named Bobby, who seems like he sees himself as a kingpin there said now after two floods and a fire in three years, he's bought land and starting a development near San Bruno...1,300 houses planned in phase one...go figure.

Interesting. I know Roberto owns thousands of acres up there.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 05:56 AM
Toneart-Barnes and others who are thinking of coming down...

It might almost be too soon to come down to Orchard, or any other place for that matter. I would suggest a better time would be when you could buy gasoline and have electric power. You can't even buy drinking water until the power is back on. The grocery stores are about empty, if not already. Best guess for some of this to restore is 10 days as I ask around. As John went right up the center of the peninsula, you might even find El Rosario powerless and gasless as well. And don't expect to hire any help- they're already taken.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:39 AM

Pay attention to what CasaManzana is saying regarding travel conditions etc.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
you might even find El Rosario powerless and gasless as well.
I'm in El Rosario - leaving back north in the next few hours. Yes, there's gas and power.

--
Doug

[Edited on 9-5-2006 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:40 AM

We want to help and will watch the board for timing and needs. Does anyone know how badly Oasis Rio was damaged.

Hopefully the roads will be passable soon. When we go down we don't want to become part of the problem.

JD

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:46 AM

Thanks all for the reports from the Orchard. I am looking for Hugh Llewellyn at # 26. Can any one tell if the water rose above the 2nd story of the homes at the Orchard? If it didnt I would expect to find Hugh has returned home upstairs. Thanks John

John Dailey
jackscott1

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 05:33 AM

Quote:

I'd go before that mud dries...it will be like concrete then.... and bring friends

I will better that way to avoid putting your self at risks.

jackscott
_____
Simulation prêt
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jackscott1
Quote:

I'd go before that mud dries...it will be like concrete then.... and bring friends

I will better that way to avoid putting your self at risks.

jackscott
_____
Simulation prêt

Jack,

You are responding to a three year old thread. It pertained to T.S. John. However, this year, Sept. 2nd., we were hit with Hurricane Jimena. Jimena did even worse damage than did John. They are getting things up and running in town now. The river area is still a mess; much without water or electricity. If you are wanting to travel down now, I think it would be OK. Several hotels and restaurants have opened up. Stores are getting restocked. The locals really could use $ , clothing and supplies now. (See the ecomujeres thread for the current information).

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.