Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Helping Storm Victims
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 01:28 AM

Just finished checking out other Websites requesting Funds for Mulege Victums,

I recommend Mulege Marv for any type assistance -Money and Supplies.

Has anyone been in Touch with Saul ? Would sure be interested in his Well-being.

thanks
Skeet/Loreto
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 02:18 AM

Quote:
quote]Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

Has anyone been in Touch with Saul ? Would sure be interested in his Well-being.

thanks

If you mean Saul Davis, yes, Pat Llewellen reached him by phone yesterday. She was getting info regarding her husband, Hugh. Don't know details of their conversation, but they did get connected. By the way, Hugh and the dogs are fine.
Skeet/Loreto
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:10 AM

here are a few things needed now in Mulege

first and most difficult is drinking water WE ARE OUT OF WATER.

there is no food Left here at all

people need beading and clothing of all sizes but mostly child sizes.

these are the things we need now. the list will be deferent for people coming in 2 weeks or more.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

pelicanreefbarandgrill

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:16 AM

Bruce,

Get a hold of Rick Barber there and tell him to empty my roof pila at my house there .I shut off the valves and the regular water could be boiled for drinking water.There should be 250 gallons there.

Pierce and Val
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:47 AM

bruce just thinking dont you have a big well on your ranch? is it drinkable?? or at least treatable?? a tanker truck from somewhere??

jerry and judi
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
quote]Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

thanks

If you mean Saul Davis, yes, Pat Llewellen reached him by phone yesterday. She was getting info regarding her husband, Hugh. Don't know details of their conversation, but they did get connected. By the way, Hugh and the dogs are fine.
Skeet/Loreto

Saul and family are all fine he got about a foot of water in his store and house he lost all of his refrigerators.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:10 AM
Dos Angeles Update Wednesday 8am

Good day to all Angels, Amigos and Amigas ..

Just spoke with Bruce R. Leech in Mulege (for anyone that is new to the board) .. things are really taking shape and he sends great thanks to all for their prayers and support ..

Mexican helicopters brought in food and some supplies yesterday. More expected today. More areas are getting electricity turned back on.

He is amazed at how quickly they are receiving assistance.

More sections of the road (north and south) should be open today/tomorrow.

Bruce stresses that what is needed now is not necessarily what will be needed when folks come in two weeks.

The Fire Dept asks for sturdy ROPES.

Bedding/Camping Cots/Air Mattresses
Clothing - tho Bruce says for the children we know all sizes are needed - he pointed out that cooler weather is coming.
Shoes/Sneakers
Cooking equipment - Camping Stoves/Pots/Pans/BBQ Utensils
Canned Good/Can Openers

Our plan is to begin shipping from Tijuana. As we have done with Bruce previously boxes/totes will be filled with supplies and shipped via the trucking company we use. They are reliable and dependable. It will take 2-3-4 days for things to arrive in Mulege.

Your contributions are greatly appreciated by everyone organizing a relief effort - please send what you can.

Remember "Its a Wonderful life" with Jimmy Stewart & Donna Reed? Ding Ding Ding - Angels get their wings everytime a donation is made.

Much Baja Love
Lori Garcia "cabomagic" and Linda Evans "futurebajaretiree"

[Edited on 9-6-2006 by CaboMagic]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:28 AM

Good job! Thanks!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:36 AM

GREAT things are moving, finally; so the Helis did actually touch ground. Not all have noticed that then. >GooooD<

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:23 AM

Thanks Bruce!

Bruce I am going to put all funds I receive for "Warm Jackets for Cold Kids" to go to the Victums of Mulege.
I am not comfortable with PayPal.
Do you know of any Stateside Address orPerson that can accept Funds that we know will get to the Proper People??
Skeet/Loreto
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:23 AM
How Can We Connect with Your TJ Efforts??

Thanks for all your great coordination efforts. I work at a English school in San Diego and my students have been donating clothes so I would love to connect with your trucks leaving from TJ. I also posted about letting the SD Union Tribune writer Sandra Dibble know about Mulege relief efforts. Would it be OK for her to contact you about the efforts that you are coordinating?? Thanks for any info and I would be happy to get stuff to TJ or let me know what is the best way to assist...
submarine_dbk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:36 AM
Skeet

You might try contacting Susan Glasson of the Tahoe Rotary. Thery have some efforts underway. sglasson@charter.net

Also, the Santa Rosalia Rotary is collecting funds. contact Julieta Medina Oronoz at julietabaja@hotmail.com - she is well known by Punta Chivato folks and very reliable.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

thumbup.gif posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:45 AM
BBP and flying sams step up!!

this just in off the BBP hi-speed travel/info wire:

Red Cross Requests Assistance for Mulege. - 9/5/2006

The Red Cross today indicates that things are critical in Mulege and the town needs help.

They have requested the BBP?s help to ferry water and food into Mulege. They are contacting the state of Sonora?s Red Cross and are trying to stage supplies in either Guaymas or Hermosillo so that it is a short flight into either El Gallito or Palo Verde.

BBP admin will be posting and alerting again as information is firmed up.

Please call or e-mail if you can be of assistance, what type of aircraft you have, and when you can leave. We are requesting from Mexico City that all landing fees be waived during this airlift. Guyamas cannot waive these fees locally as the emergency is not in Sonora.

480 730 3250

csmith@bajabushpilots.com

Addditionally:

BBP is in contact with Diana Johnson who is in Mulege. She indicates that there have been no relief supplies as of today, that her dad (Don) who is in TJ is sending water tomorrow via truck.

The critical needs are liquids and canned food, clothing is secondary.

We have about 8 aircraft who have indicated they can ferry supplies into Mulege.

If the Red Cross has not firmed up the supplies by 1:00 today, BBP staff will purchase water in Phoenix and go on down.

the Phoenix Flying Sams indicates they will have five aircraft in Guaymas on Friday and they can also ferry supplies.

About half of the rooms on the river side of the Serenidad were flooded included the four houses in the back. The strip, at this time is washed out on the north end. People are out there trying to fill in the hole by hand so that it can be used.

Water was up to the steps of Don Johnson?s house downtown, most of the shops around the square were flooded.

And, they are requesting that there be no tourists. It is more important to have another 20 gallons of water than another person to use up needed resources.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:49 AM

At a business meeting this a.m. with some local professionals that I work with here in San Diego, one of these people mentioned to me that if there was an established relief organization being used, that her place of business was seeking another charity to support (I believe she indicated up to $10,000 U.S.) and could possibly be something they consider. She indicated that the decision would need to be made possibly as soon as today or tomorrow.

While I am reviewing various postings - I haven't read everything here, and would like to know if we have any sort of reliable, non-seat-of-the-pants relief organization in place to assist that might fit this requirement to get this company involved - and that I can present to her.

Looking for help here in presenting something they could realistically consider.

Dos Angels? BBP? Rotary? Help me here.

Thanks.

--
Doug

[Edited on 9-6-2006 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:06 AM

Doug, the rotary in Santa Rosalia has stepped up to the plate and perhaps they would be the most logical entity to set up and disburse monies. The phone numbers are on previous posts and the Rotary in Mulege is a very active orginization who would also logically become involved
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:35 AM

We're driving up tomorrow with donations of food from the people of Todos Santos. It may take us until Friday to reach Mulege.

Where do we deliver???

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:56 AM

Is it possible to post a single message with 1) brief summary of what happened and damage), 2) what is needed, and 3) what the various donation groups are that people can go to. I suggest this be posted with a sticky at the forum top and locked. Only the admin can give updates as needs and status changes.

I can't follow all the postings and tell who is on first. I think we need a little organization. For example, I was going to send people to this board, to understand what happened, what is needed, and where to give. But I have no clue where to point them for precise information without weeding through nomad scabbles and the like.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 11:19 AM

JZ - I was thinking the same today
I had the same problem with people asking me for infos and donating stuff and pics to be found for broadcasting as well.
Everything seems to be scattered around and not to be found when needed quickly.
Like a DONATING Thread, a INFO Thread for those looking for someoneand passing on messages to people without connections, And a NEWS Thread with comments on the Situation and Photos
Doug?? can this be set up somehow?

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Is it possible to post a single message with 1) brief summary of what happened and damage), 2) what is needed, and 3) what the various donation groups are that people can go to. I suggest this be posted with a sticky at the forum top and locked. Only the admin can give updates as needs and status changes.

I can't follow all the postings and tell who is on first. I think we need a little organization. For example, I was going to send people to this board, to understand what happened, what is needed, and where to give. But I have no clue where to point them for precise information without weeding through nomad scabbles and the like.

If somebody here would like to put it together, I'd be happy to post it that way. I would require assistance however, as I have my hands very full just keeping this site available right now.

:)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 12:09 PM
Sharks relief fund

I see the thread has been dead-ended and relinked to here.

Sharks Mulege Relief
Doug indicated that the volume of traffic was leading to server probs in a big way.

Anyhoo. more donation have poured in and we now have collected over $2000 dlls.

A good bunch of considerate Nomads (you know who you are) and your money will be of great assisstance in the weeks ahead.

A blanket thank you from all. Corky

[Edited on 9-6-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.