Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10
Author: Subject: mulege status - just got this
quefaistu

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 05:53 PM
supplies to mulege

We are trying to get supplies down Thursday or Friday from the South Lake Tahoe and Tahoe Douglas Rotary Clubs via Palo Verde airport. Is there anybody in Punta Chivato or Sta. Rosalia willing to meet da plane and help ferry supplies? We have a 4WD in Punta Chivato, but not sure how much gas we have. Is there a contact person in Mulege or central meeting point for supplies. I know the road is closed between PC and Mulege, but I have heard that it is drivable with 4WD. Please let me know if this is correct. Jimmie Christopher is our ususal Rotary contact, but I do not think he is in town. If any of the Mulege Rotarians see this, please e-mail me directly or reply the thread. We are bringing mosquito netting, deet, flashlights/batteries or lanterns, small cookstoves, MREs (if we can get them), antiseptic wipes, gloves, masks, and some water purification tablets/or reverse osmosis pumps. We'll throw as much gator aid, beans and rice as we can in the plane when the other things are loaded. We will bring all of the above that we can find within our budget and that the plane will safely carry. Thanks to all of you who have replied wanting to help with $$ or items. Let me know if there is anything else we should add to the list or if any of the above items are already OK. Most of all, if anyone knows a reason this game plan won;t work, mail me.
TurtleW

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 06:53 PM

Alaska Airlines are booking flights (at least from Seattle via LA) this Thursday to Loreto! A friend of mine is heading down and has seats on the first flight.
quefaistu

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 08:32 PM

I just heard from the Mulege Rotary and they are asking us to wait with our plane load of supplies. They want the roads open, water on and gasoline before we head down. We fully respect their wishes and are ready and waiting for when the time is right. Thank you everyone who has responded to me with information. I will post again when we get the go ahead.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quefaistu
I just heard from the Mulege Rotary and they are asking us to wait with our plane load of supplies. They want the roads open, water on and gasoline before we head down. We fully respect their wishes and are ready and waiting for when the time is right. Thank you everyone who has responded to me with information. I will post again when we get the go ahead.

Am I the only one this sounds weird too??
I would not think people flying in and out with emergency supplies would do anything but good. Is the rotary in charge of Mulege'??? Sorry, but I don't understand.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
quefaistu

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 09:04 PM

They do not want their precious few resources stretched by visitors right now. Also, they do not want to waste time and gas if we are not able to land the plane. We are respectful of their wishes and are ready to go whenever. I'll keep you posted. The gas issue for both planes and vehicles is a real concern for us also. The Rotary in Mulege is a great organization and we have worked on many projects with them.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 09:39 PM
Mulege arrivals and homeowners

While services and resources are minimal at best right now, the influx of unprepared people with good intent will end up using more than they bring I fear. As soon as roads clear things will happen faster. Certain essentials need to be brought in in every vehicle if possible.

That should be for each and every individual. They also should be prepared to endure much heat and insects and no sewerage. Be wise and please heed precautions.

I would suggest anyone headed into the area currently be equipped with enough foodstuffs and gear to satisfy their own needs, just like camping in remote areas.

What can be said for all those with homes there:

Be prepared for spoiled food or rotting household goods and carpet. Bring masks and plan your sleeping arrangements if at all possible.

Bring BIG Plastic BAGS to fill with bad stuff. Shovels etc. and all the other stuff needed for sanitizing your casa and ensuring your health.

If you cannot do this I suggest you wait until you are prepared to do so.

Think ahead wisely.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 09:54 PM

wise words....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-5-2006 at 10:35 PM
Sharks--------------

-----yours is one of the best posts yet-----------and you are SO right!!!!

Barry
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 01:38 AM

Sharks!

When the Rough gets Tough--The Tough gets Going!!!!
Keep up the Good Work;
May God Bless all of you and your "Good Sense" in This Time of Need.
Special Thanks to the Pilot. Knew that someone would Step up to the Plate.

Skeet/Loreto
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 03:28 AM

Yes, the posts/info on not flying in prematurely are on the BBP site. A few more planes are expected from Reno too.
Quefeistu - what is your call sign on BBP? do you know J McC?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 05:53 AM
Mulege Rotary Club....how to contact them???

If in Mulege, how would I find anyone from the Rotary Club??
And once electric is restored, is there an email??
pelicanreefbarandgrill

sad.gif posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:09 AM
Mulege Rotary

Jim,

You might try Julieta Oronoz in Santa Rosalia as she is helping out with the Santa Rosalia Rotary Club relief effort.I think that the Mulege Rotary might be overloaded with their own cleanup problems right now.Her email is julietabaja@hotmail.com

Pierce and Val
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 07:12 AM
CONTACTS

Just spoke with MICK from Cortez Explorers/MULEGE, his phone is working, mail should work too. Electricity is on and off throughout town.He is a member of the ROTARY MULEGE.
If you need a contact you could also turn to him -phone 6151530500.

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by FARASHA]
CortezExplorers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FARASHA
Just spoke with MICK from Cortez Explorers/MULEGE, his phone is working, mail should work too. Electricity is on and off throughout town.He is a member of the ROTARY MULEGE.
If you need a contact you could also turn to him -phone 6151530500.

Can the moderator PLEASE remove the email address from the above post - we do not need spamming trolls picking up email addresses.

If you need to contact Mick, then please do so through our web site (or via phone) - http://www.cortez-explorers.com/messages/contact.html

As FARASHA has mentioned, Mick and Maria are both fine and thank the many people on this board for their concerns.

regards
matthew

Matthew
Cortez Explorers,
Mulege, BCS, Mexico
+52 615 153 0500
http://www.cortez-explorers.com
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:08 AM

DONE MATTHEW!!

CortezExplorers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:23 AM

Thanks FARASHA! I hate spammers!

Does anyone have further information on the Rotary Fund that Piece and Val spoke about? I would like to send out an email to our diving club members with the information, but i have not heard back from Julieta (i am sure she is very busy)...

if someone can post this info so i can mail it out, that would be great!

thanks & regards
Matthew

Matthew
Cortez Explorers,
Mulege, BCS, Mexico
+52 615 153 0500
http://www.cortez-explorers.com
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 09:59 AM
%$@%^#'n spam filter!

Sharks, my email spam filter is apparently blocking the email from PayPal with the confirmation number to set up an account. Is there any other way to get you a contribution for the Mulege fund?

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:02 AM

DAN - It can be done also by Creditcard. :yes: LL

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:05 AM

Got it -- I used the website link from Sharks' other thread instead of going straight through PayPal, and no confirmation number was needed.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-6-2006 at 10:28 AM

It is apparent that there are lots of relief fund organizations that are being set up for Mulege; Dos Angels, Sharksbaja, Baja Bush Pilots, Rotarians and others.

I think it is important to not view them as competitors!
They are all working towards the same cause. The cause is urgent. People are out of water and food.

Please donate to any or all of them. If there is any sense of competition, that is a good thing. They are all in a race to save lives.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.