BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Testing out new girlfriend in....BAJA....
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 03:20 PM
Testing out new girlfriend in....BAJA....

(Also new truck/camper)......will be leaving in the morning (Monday) for ABREOJOS...surf looks to be decent....weather is normal....but the real challenge will be second trip on new truck/camper (2005 Dodge Power Wagon w/pop-up camper)....and first trip in BAJA for girlfriend.....

She has passed "probation" so far by riding in dune buggy...speedboat.... but this trip will be a real test...:lol:

My "probation" was /is .....going "shopping" w/her.....(It seems much harder than I thought it would be).....:o

Be back next weekend with the results......:P
cat127
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 03:34 PM

Aw Shucks.... Shopping is getting easier now with BF... plop him in Center of Mall with Beer and Big Screen TV.... newer malls have the bar area in center..... I shop... he watches game..... quality time together!

Actually SJ, I envy you... the only real time me and my significant otter have is car time and turn cell off...... So I envy you the many hours of quality "car time"! (Course we have been together 7 years so we always have pleasure or business to discuss or NOT.... )

HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

Fate Smiles as Destiny laughs!
marek
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 04:12 PM

I did the same many years ago with my girlfriend at the time. We spent 3 weeks together in Baja. It was her first trip.

That was almost 13 years ago. We've been together ever since, and have been married for over 10 years. We try and get down there at least once a year now. We're headed in October with our two kids. It wil be my 4 year old daughters 7th trip to Baja and my two year old daugther's 4th trip.

Just make sure you keep the beer cold.
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

lol.gif posted on 9-10-2006 at 06:49 PM
LOL

I remember breaking in BHL, a real tough nut since he was loath to travel. He came around though when he saw it was a deal breaker. He now handles it like a pro, except for traffic, then he turns into a 3 year old.
Good luck on your first Baja adventure together, she sounds like a trooper, and a keeper. Sadly, not all of my gender are willing to get dirty for love, she must think your something special too.
M
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M
Sadly, not all of my gender are willing to get dirty for love, she must think your something special too.
M

Too funny M, but true! I was going to reply to SJ to be sure to take along baby wipes, but thought better of it. But now after reading your quote I think my suggestion fits.

Good luck Jim, if she's the right one, she'll do just fine!

P.<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 08:37 PM

If She's not the right one, a week in hell:lol::lol::lol:...

at least the road is paved all the way..have fun(jealous)
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 09:07 PM

Well.....if you see me posting in a few days you know it didn't go as planed....:yes:

ps.....might be something to those baby wipes...I saw her looking at them in the store a few days ago.....

[Edited on 9-11-2006 by surfer jim]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 09:25 PM

I took my old girlfriend to Abreojos 20 years ago--she loved it. Don't know what got in to me to not stay with her but even fools get a second chance--we hooked back up a few months ago and the spark is still there. We're moving in together next month, hopefully this time for good!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 10:51 PM

I went to the jazz festival in Port Townsend with a new woman last month. (My thing, not necessarily hers). She actually got interested when she could see, in person, what the musicians were actually doing. Prior to that, I had been coaching her.
Ding...looks promising!

Naturally, she wanted to go shopping in the shops there. Not possessing the shopping gene myself, I did her the favor of releasing her to that world, alone. She appreciated it.
Ding....looks more promising!

The next thing that happened was that she went into the office

of the RV park to request an extention of our stay there. When they asked her for her name, she drew a blank. She had forgotten my last name, momentarily. Of course, she was very embarrassed. I told her I was going into the office and tell them that I had picked up this hitchhiker, and.....
Ding....uh oh!

Upon returning home I told her, "Love me, love Baja".
Ding....uh oh....not so promising! It doesn't look like I will be sharing my last name anytime soon.

Y Yo estoy soltero otravez....como siempre. ;D
barnes

[*] posted on 9-10-2006 at 11:04 PM

toneart--do not know who you are(but might think I do) I live when I am there in Orchard. (i had the steak thing)

That is the funniest story I have heard in years--I have been there--god bless you--There is a time when - we have to say- gee-maybe we picked wrong--wherever--I could tell you all the places--A keeper is really hard to find--good luck. My lady is "ready to shovel -----in baja.

Beautiful story__Joe Barnes and Betty
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 02:06 AM
morisbetta

I'd git a rocket ship.... they always impress the gals!;D

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 02:27 AM
DING::DING::DING

SJ : I hope you hear only DING DING DING next couple days!!
And non of UH OH'S going to happen!!
Looking forward to hear from your trip!!

toneart: Been there, kow how that is like - as many of us.
If one doesn't know about Miles Davis and Co. then she needs someone to make her understand first.
Same goes for BAJA - believe me.
And if one can't remember my last name then I'm grateful.
Means the other one is AWSTRUCK by me and doesn't bother about names.
Lack of humor IS indeed a different issue - as it is an essential ingredient for managing Life.

The others have been just bloody LUCKY!!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 08:18 AM

Leaving soon....all aboard....:bounce:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 08:34 AM

A lot of love going on, here on Nomad!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 08:35 AM

Good luck Jim. We look forward to a trip report upon your return!
bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

Mood: ...just cruisin'

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:03 AM

I knew nothing about Baja before David took me down there and I totally fell in love with it! But then, I love the outdoors and getting dirty... :lol:

Im wishing you the best of luck and I think she is going to absolutely love it!

Have a great time!!!!!!!! :saint:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:28 AM

tell her to get some of those industrial strength bras for when you get off the highway. :lol::light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:36 AM

My lady stays at home when I go to baja. Just me and my old college buds. I only go for 1-2 weeks at a time though. Its worked out well for the last 20 years (with her). It is a sad time when I have to pour my own tequila shots besides she always outfishes me!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:39 AM

Jim,
You buy the baby wipes and a small blackboard and some pastel chalk.
Every day, write love notes to her on the blackboard and draw flowers.
If the notes and the flowers don't clinch the deal, then the baby wipes might jus be the thing that puts her over the top, in love. Don't forget to load romantic music in your CD player (battery operated) and dance in the desert...doesn't matter what phase the moon is in.

If, after all that, you both find yourselves walking down that paved road to hell, you can always use the baby wipes to wipe the blackboard clean.

Estas un hombre muy bravo. Vie bien, amigo y mucha buena suerte!
cat127
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 10:40 AM

Bruce, I laughed out loud at your reply!!!!!!!!! My SO says when my best friend and I get in his truck with him and we are on a dirt road... he looks over and says it looks like a four cyclinder engine!

-Cat

[Edited on 9-11-2006 by cat127]

Fate Smiles as Destiny laughs!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.