BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Relief Supplies, Where do I send
BucYouUp68

[*] posted on 9-16-2006 at 05:15 PM
Relief Supplies, Where do I send

I have been recieving donations of all kinds that I am going to send down to Mulege. I need to know where to send them to so they can be distributed to the most needy. I want this person to be trustworthy, and honest. This being done by the members of Coastsidefishingclub.com, I am just aranging it. Can someone here help, I would like to send these ASAP, like Wednesday. Help Please.

Chris
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2006 at 08:22 PM
Check Discover Baja

If you are in the San Diego area, check with Discover Baja because they have been coordinating with an American mining company to pick up donations and get them to Mulege. The company is with the mines on Isla San Marcos north of Mulege. They trucked down supplies this week and a lot was taken which is great.

So, if you go to their website at www.discoverbaja.com, you can e-mail or call them and tell them lindsay referred you. The owners are Carol and Hugh. I took clothing on Monday and they said that they would continue to take in donations. My Mexican relatives in Mulege said that relief was getting to the town and the affected families really appreciated the support. Some needs that they mentioned were diapers for families, powdered formula, tents, tarps, canned food. The schools in Mulege were also hit hard by the flooding so basic school supplies will also be much appreciated.

Hope that this info helps, let me know if you have any questions and thanks for being part of the relief efforts.
BucYouUp68

thumbup.gif posted on 9-16-2006 at 08:26 PM

Thank you so much Lindsy,

I have a lot of stuff to send, I just got offered 2 pallets of bed sheets and towels. I will contact you and let you no how it goes.
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2006 at 08:32 PM

Glad to help...when all of this happened I felt so far away and unable to help family and friends so I'm very grateful to people who are helping to coordinate these kinds of efforts. People in the community are also very heartened by the help.

All the supplies that you mentioned will be great. My daughter's dad and his family members mostly did not have flood damage but so many others did so it's a tough clean up process to get through

Thanks again for all your efforts!! :tumble:
Johnny
Junior Nomad

Mood: concerned

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 03:03 PM

Yeah to Smart and Final! All I had to do was ask. I just recieved these cash cards from smart and final for $150. Could you help me out with a reliable person to transport from san diego to where things are needed. I am thinking bleach and paper products but if you know more about the needs; info is greatly appreciated. I read that donations should go to the mission church or fire dept. Do you know what I should do. Maybe Discover Baja? Thanks a zillion. Love, April

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.