Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: What constitutes a post worthy of "viewing"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 03:20 PM

Thanks for a cool response, Sharky, I appreciate that.
Thanks also for not putting in the butt icon. I read a lot into the lack of symbolism.
I mentioned questions because they invite response. Give a little ----- take a little. That's what these places should be about.

Dennis
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 03:27 PM

By the way ..... Hitler got a lot more patience and respect than Jesus did in his day, sad to say.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 04:09 PM

Butt icon? Request for an enema?:o:O::wow:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 04:31 PM

Your request is incomplete. Do you mean give or take?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 05:23 PM

Soulpatch -----
It would take me a month to do everything you did in one day. Too cool.

Dennis
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 05:35 PM

Request? :lol: Have no desire to give,receive, nor participate in any form or fashion.:lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 06:07 PM

Well, that's good Cypress. Let constipation be your friend. In fact, it might be a friend you would like to bring to Mexico instead of taking up with its evil cousin, Montys revenge.
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 07:08 PM

I suspect your right about the old boys club. I remember when I was a newbe. I think its a natural thing to step back and wait and see who the new person is before endearing yourself to him or her. My good friend Sharky was one of the first to pat me on the back and that was after I had held him up to ridicule. In a humorous way of course. I also must confess that I have not posted as much lately and most of my communication has been by U2U. I chose that method because what I had to say was for the most part personal.

I would like to volunter to take a load of things down, but my trailer was down there and is now without wheels. At least Bruce found it for me. If I can borrow a trailer, I'll take what I can.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 07:32 PM

I have been on here for about two years and post very little and the original question as it was posed intrigues me a little. The original post lends itself to be taken with a hidden agenda in mind.

Of course that will, mostly likely, be denied, so you do not have to defend yourself against it since it was answered to some extent in one of the replies. The only question is was it answered truthfully.

To the questions...

Quote:

So I put to you the million dollar question: Why don't you care? Is it the author, or the subject?

I care, is the short answer. Longer answer is there is little I can do in a timely manner and disasters occour everywhere every day and yet, I notice, people always choose which disaster to make there own and then they expect everyone else to join them or else they are somehow not up to snuff. Bill Gates gives away MILLIONS to his causes but he would probably pass by someone stranded on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, in 120 degree weather.

Author or Subject? To me it doesn't matter. While there are certain people on this board (and every where else in the world!) that I dislike I like to believe that I am civilized enough to allow them their space, point of view and to respect them as humans because I known there are many people on this planet that feel the same way about me.

Quote:

Kudos to the "Real Nomads" who just even bothered to look.

and

Quote:

As far as the rest..........shame on you...........

So my question is...How do you know who looked? Because someone uses this board for other reasons then what you believe they should, does it really it means they are not 'Real Nomads'? Now that is just nuts.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 08:06 PM
Bajaden

I just noticed your signature, "At feast of egos everyone leave's hungry..."

I have to believe that this is what is operating when one Nomad posses the question of what constitutes a post worth viewing (according to whom).

Fatboy you are right on in your statement--- "Because someone uses this board for other reasons then what you [bajasharkl] believe they should, does it really it means they are not 'Real Nomads'? Now that is just nuts."

Why not forget this silliness and get on with the world, helping folks, and our own lives.

And leave inflated ego's parked somewhere in Oregon.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 08:13 PM

Fatboy, I cannot say that I know what was in Sharks mind when he started this post. I do know Sharky though. I know he will post some things, to be controversal, to spark a response. I seriously doubt that he has a hidden agenda. He certainly doesn't need me to defend him. He's quite capaple of doing that himself. As far as who is a real Nomad, I'll leave that to someone else to define. For me, its someone who cares about baja and also cares for the people who care. Sounds like you might be one of those......

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
BucYouUp68

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 08:25 PM

When i posted here i just wanted help getting supplies down south, I was in know way trying to get all of you to jump on my relief effort. trust me I could care less if you help or not, all I was asking for was a good source to get the donations to. I really don't have time to go through all the posts looking for information, so I posted a general question and thought for sure that I would get at least a few responses on where to send. I am a member of a lot of forums and know how it goes, not everybody posts. That I know is true, because I am a member of one of the largest fishing clubs in California, there are a lot of Lurkers out there.Not to be an A hole here, but once our Club has shipped the relief supplies south, I will disapear from this board.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-17-2006 at 09:49 PM

I think that this forum is a microcasm of groups anywhere in our American culture. The only difference is that, during a crisis, there are a greater majority of people in Bajanomad who are concerned, willing to help and put their money, services and ideas into action. It is a sad time, and yet this community is pulling together.

Regarding the microcasm, there will always be some who are helpful, some who active, some who are passive, some who are aggressive,all with their own lives and interests, some are cliquie-ish, some are A*****, some are negative and accusatory, some paranoid and some downright toxic.

The affinity here is reflected in the name of this board: Bajanomad. Because Baja is the main focus doesn't mean that we don't care about other parts of the world, other disasters or that we don't have other ideas or interests. Many of us, including myself, have just had a house destroyed. Some were in Mulege and experienced the monster John sending the horrendous flash flood that caused three deaths, some of whom we knew and some we didn't. .

I too have felt a chill here, being only slightly higher in the food chain than the newby, merely because I have contributed (barely) enough posts to escape that shunned status. Like any neighborhood, it takes awhile....I understand that. But I will not tolorate abuse, nor should anyone. Stand-offishness is practiced by the cautious...OK. Name calling and rudeness is unacceptable.

We are all free to post, lurk or ignore. This is an emotional time for us. It is a time when one must wonder what makes people tick, In my opinion, the topic in this string is a valid question, worthy of respect and differing, civil opinions.

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by toneart]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 9-17-2006 at 11:32 PM
No, no name calling, you do it!

You can all read between the lines, Bernie asserted (it's Sharksbaja, Barney):lol: it's just about ego.
He knows me so well. Not really, but see, that's his opinion.

In my opinion; I thought it odd to see some interesting posts regarding people helping people in Mulege passed up in favor of other "non-humanitarian" posts. It offended me. That's my problem. Hence the term rant.

As far as applying the context unto oneself. Feel free, if the shoe fits.

Fatboy,
Nuts....who's nuts?? I think people who post about daisies, engagements and dinner parties during (real, not cyber) life and death struggles fellow Nomads and thousands of others were faced with is ____ ____. (fill in the blanks)

[Edited on 9-18-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 08:48 AM

How's Bruce's daughter doing? :?: Agree about the misc. posts during a time of crisis being odd and out of place.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:18 AM

Some U2U directly to him, OR as Bruce stated himself, on the LAST post he did - he'll report in asap.

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:25 AM

Not asking about Bruce's daughter doesn't indicate a lack of concern. I'm saying a prayer or two, waiting to hear, and hoping for the best.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:30 AM

Jeez! Why the drama? :no:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:34 AM

Sorry about Bruce's daughter... How can I help?

Sometimes we are out of town and/or don't read every post on Nomad... That doesn't mean we lack compassion.

It is the Baja reports that people come here for.. and now with so many here on Nomad, that means more WILL see posts asking for help and MORE will be there to help!

If this was a forum only about tragedy and sadness, how long would it last?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:54 AM
David K

"If this was a forum only about tragedy and sadness, how long would it last?"

Amen!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.