Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: Okay--Huge Tragedy Affecting all of Mexico
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 04:59 PM
Okay--Huge Tragedy Affecting all of Mexico

So there is the subject and here is the disaster facing the Nation of Mexico. Obrador was proclaimed Mexico's "legitimate president by his supporters. In a moment of high theater, he asked his supporters to help him chose the date for his inauguration. After a show of hands they chose November 20--a national holiday commemorating the Mexican REVOLUTION--12 days before the legimate, elected PRESIDENT is sworn in.

Now that ladies and gentlemen that is a true tradedy and it will affect all persons residing in Mexico. It will be a true disaster for all Mexicans because it will push their aspirations for a better life into the c-cked hat that is worn by all THIRD world countries.

For those of you who know anything about the Revolution of 1910 you know that the first targets were the gringo owners of any amount of property.

When a country gets to that point they are beyond counting the dollars that some bring to their country. And they forget their gringo friends.

They wish to reclaim that what they have been told is theirs and no one will stand in their way once the tide begins to flow.

That is a real disaster and I hear NO one worrying or offering to help.

Think about it and then ask Jesse what is really going on in 'his' Mexico. We can rent it but it sure ain't ours.

Terribly sad!

[Edited on 9-19-2006 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:12 PM
Doggies there are now more than 24 hits with no response

Guess no one cares!
We'll just wait and see what happens next year! Bet as lot of folks will care then.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:13 PM

Bernie ----
The flowing tide of reconquista has been washing over the U.S. southwest for years now, Bernie, or maybe you haven't noticed. You're in the San Diego area. Why dont you take a drive through National city if you want to get a load of cultural interchange. Count the Stars And Stripes. It wont take you long to do that. What you do see every block is the Mexican flag.
Now, there's a disaster.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:20 PM
Dennis--I agree with you except that is a very minor part of what I am talking about.

Their Mayor Inzunna is a slum lord that won't quit and yet he has declared his city an 'open' city to immigrants--thus insuring him of more renters who can not complain--Really not a nice man. He and his Mexican wife live in Conorado and yet he uses a phony address to remain the mayor of an American(?) City.

Heck look north to Los Angeles de Mexico where about 1/2 of the populations does not speak English.

Sadly, what is going to happen in Mexico will only increase the pressure on our country.

Dennis thanks for posting and somewhat refreshing my hope that the folks care.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:27 PM

Yeah Bernie ----

This is a topic which I should avoid here. My feelings on it are stronger than civil.
Los Angeles .... Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I was born in South Gate and couldnt go back today without bodyguards.

People do care, Bernie, many do anyway. The problem is that it has gone too far and caring is frustrating and ineffective.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Guess no one cares!
We'll just wait and see what happens next year! Bet as lot of folks will care then.

Give us more than 12 minutes to collect our thoughts, Bernie.

I dont know what to say, really. Are you implying that there will be violence and the confiscation of lands aimed at foreigners on this day?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:32 PM

Bernie

I have a lot to lose, and you are suggesting we do something about it. You just tell me what. And don't forget meddling in Mexican Politics can get you deported fast.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:36 PM

It is true, Bernie, people do not care until a "problem" affects THEM. Most people could care less about all the varying disease and sickness in the world: AIDS, cancer, MS, Down’s syndrome, Tuberculosis, Parkinson’s, Porencephaly, Spina Bifida ....BUT, if a family member or they themselves are afflicted, well then, it is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in the Country, and why is the government not throwing $$ at it???

How abut the floods, the fires, the earthquakes, the landslides, twisters, riots....."My house was destroyed, and the government does not care about me!"

Maybe the government will wake up when a Revolution begins in the Southwest, but I will not count on it. :no:
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:37 PM
Comitan

Not me my friend!

I sold out and moved back to the US three years ago--Hated to do it after over 40 years but it is a wise man cuts his odds whenever he can.

Perhaps you should hope for a Newby to wander by and ask to buy you out. Just kidding--no hoping for you..

I have no idea how those who waited so long can cut their loses.

Perhaps Jesse has a few ideas.

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:39 PM
Taco

Spot on but the revolution will not start in the southwest it will migrate from Mexico and it will be hot.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:47 PM

It already migrated from the south. We, The U.S., have designed our own future insurgency.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:49 PM
Hook!

No, I am not saying that it will occur on any day--What I am saying is that those people who have homes or investments in Mexico better start learning and caring about what is happening around them---It would also help if they could understand where, how and why the Mexicans who have been their friends for so many years will, of necesiety(I know it ain't spelled right but when I get into this heavy stuff I just don't care about the 'nice' stuff) of turning their backs.

I love Mexico and my Mexican friends but I understand the dynamics of what is going on and what will make them, at least up front forget me--in their hearts, as in mine that will never happen--but to survive sure.

This post is getting far to painful for me so I will just close for a while.

Saludos to those who care about the people of Mexico.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 05:59 PM

Gentlemen: As I suggested some time ago, It would do you all well to read "Mexifornia" by Victor Davis Hanson. It will give you some different angles on this Discussion.

Several IF's;;
1. The young people of the States keep increaseing their Use of Drugs.
2 The Young people keep living in "Fear".
3. The young people keep thinking only of themselves.
4. The Liberal Professors keep there Stranglehold on the Universities.
5. The Media News becomes Stronger in their Control of the Minds of the Young People.

I do not like to use the word IF because " If Roberta had of Had Balls, We would have called Him Uncle Robert"//

I did not leave Loreto out of Fear- When all the Shops started Selling "Bong Pipes", I knew I did not want to live among Drug Addicts!

The Revolutiton will be contained in Mexico City as it was so many years ago by the Shooting of Students at the University.
Remember who has the "Guns".

AnonThe Preacher
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:03 PM

Obrador, at last count, had support of about 1/3 of voters. However, 2/3 of those stated they would not support him in his hackneyed attempt to hijack government. That means only about 1/9th of voters support the meathead, er, I mean, uh, Representative of the Little People.

With only the kook fringe falling behind him today, and some of those likely to drift back to more law abiding positions over time, I think Obrador's phony crusade over a "stolen election" will fade to obscurity. Franly I think he blew a perfect chance to lock in some maleability w/Calderon by his nonsensical ravings, and that he could have had significant sway in the new government if he had not attempted to start another revolution. Now, as a quack, he is out of the closet.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:15 PM

Good points Skeet ----
Mexifornia is a good read, an eye opener for sure. Something more current is "State Of Emergency" by Patrick Buchanan. It will scare the crap out of you even if you already know the material.

I dont believe anything will happen against expats here, at least not until anarchy becomes a reality and I dont see the Mexican government letting that happen. But, if remittances of How many billions? are stopped from the U.S., many things could change.

Oh yeah, Bernie ..... Stir the pot and go to bed. We'll get you tomorrow.

Who has the guns? The cartels have the guns.

Dennis
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:31 PM

OK nomads ---- allow me to pose a question. Im not trying to hijack Bernies thread but he went to bed and he can have it back when he gets up.

What with the recent proliferation and sophistication of police agencys in Mexico, and the tolerance for privacy invasion in the states as tacit acceptance of the practice, does anybody feel that this site is monitored?

Im not paranoid nor suggesting that we should be. Im just curious.
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:34 PM
La Bronca

Quote:
[And what percentage of the population is that at this point? I may be a fool, (we'll discuss that possibility in 6 months) but my suspicion is that in the short run, it's not going to affect life in Baja in any noticible manner.

--Larry

Lencho, you are absolutely correct, in my opinion. The majority of the AMLO supporters are in southern Mexico.

Baja has always been isolated from the mainland due to it's obvious geographic location.

Lopez Obrador's support is waning. The Chilongos (residents of Mexico City) are fed up with his tactics. Don't think that the internal security service is going to sit idly by while AMLO attempts to execute his coup d' etat.

There will be a showdown, and the powers that be will remain on top.
villadelfin
Nomad

Mood: toasted and buttered

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican leftists, who say the July 2 election was stolen, declared their candidate their "legitimate president" on Saturday, a symbolic move reducing the risk of street protests to make the country ungovernable.
Aides said Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who narrowly lost the election, would use mainly political means rather than widespread protests in leading opposition to conservative President-elect Felipe Calderon.
Tens of thousands of leftists meeting in the capital's vast downtown central square rejected a proposal to name Lopez Obrador head of a civil resistance campaign that would have marked a more aggressive strategy to try to stop Calderon from ruling.
The election sharply divided Mexico along class lines, a rift made worse by Lopez Obrador's fraud accusations.
There will still be protests but fears of major unrest or violence have eased in recent days as Lopez Obrador has apparently opted for an organized political movement to challenge Calderon rather than cause chaos on the streets.
Supporters voted to swear Lopez Obrador in at a ceremony on November 20, just days before Calderon takes power. Lopez Obrador said he would name ministers to his parallel government and that it would operate from voluntary donations.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:45 PM

Dennis:
It makes me No Nevermind if it is Moniteoed.

Please do Not think that I, with a Child/ Friend Captured by the Enemy would Hesitate to take a Pair of Pliers to his Balls, or shoot a "Red Pepper Pepsi" up His Nose to try to get him or Her to tell me the Location of My Friend/Child.

I would, if elected President of this Great Country do "Everything, and I mean Everything to Protect the People of this Great Country- Cowards ,Wimps, Draft Dodgers,Poor, Rich, Drug Addicts, Welfare People , including listening to Cell Phnoe Messages of anybody, anywhere.

Dennis it seems like about Half of this Great Country is living in a Dream-Will probabley take another 911 or a Dirty Bomb in a Crowded City, killing Thousands of People to Wake them up to the Fact that we are in a War!!!

"All is Fair, In Love and War"

Anon The Preacher
k1w1
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 06:55 PM
puhlease

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
So there is the subject and here is the disaster facing the Nation of Mexico. Terribly sad!

[Edited on 9-19-2006 by Baja Bernie]

maybe this Burnie should speech-write for W. ?? sheeez
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.