BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: How many Cops on the board?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 08:26 PM

Tonight my wife wants me to wear my meter-maid outfit.
Does that count !! :lol::lol::lol:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:19 PM
Not a Cop, But.........

I've met quite a few professionally and (thankfully) have always come out ahead if you disregard traffic stops.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:38 PM
Shining your old badge?

Good grief you guys, we know the fraternal order of law enforcement, But very silly in the past-tense doncha think?:lol:
Wait a sec..... are we not creating same here?:?::light::bounce:;D:lol:

Fodder for thought!:?::light::?::?::light:

Irony for some.:O

Man I luv those icons...I fear'd they'd never work again! :biggrin:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
I like to play cop.
For instance, the cop in me says this topic aint baja related, and all you cops should move the conversation over to the off-topic forum.

I wondered what rock you crawled :mad: out form under after your first post.:mad:

Now after your 21st post I feel it must have been a slimie one. :fire: :P

Doug does a fine job running this web site.
If he feels this topic should be moved he will do so!!!

Corky

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by Corky1]

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 03:42 AM

U.S Navy ShorePatrolman---1954-Attached to Calif. Hwy Patrol-San Diego

Fresno State Campus Policeman-1954 to 1958

Special Investigator-California Dept. Of Motor Vehicles-1959- 1961
Sent to South Central for Punishment for not Forgeing a Dealers Appliciation
The "Boss Investigator ended up doing 4 to 14 at Chino"Decided I was to small for Uniform work!

Private Investigator Nevada 1965-1966

Loreto- Became Freinds with the First Cop in Loreto-Was in Loreto when the Town got their First Police Car-Rafael drove around Town all Day with the Siren and Lights Blasting- I found him Passed out later that Night and drove Him and the Police Car Home.He Ended up as Police Chief.

Now that is Baja Related!

Skeet/Loreto
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 05:14 AM

More responses from non-cops than those on the job, interesting. 36 years and counting...............
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 06:03 AM

I sure can't understand this post.

OK, so some of you are/were city, county or state police.
No doubt this can be an honorable job.

Seems like many others are wanna-be cops.
That's what I can't understand.
Must be a mnd-set I don't have.
Maybe someone can explain to me why ?

library cops ? school crossing guards ? maybe an Andy Frain ?
I know I should have deleted this one, oh well ! Here goes.

Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 06:37 AM

Worked hand in hand with LA Cops for 31 years, they saved my butt many a time in South Central LA. Never met a bad one and when you need one real bad in a hurry, it great to have them show up red lights and guns...hats off to them all, Mr. J.Q. Public will never know what life would be like with out them. Thanks to their public service and at times personal sacrifice, one of my brother firemen's, Cop wife, was gunned down not far from my station on Central Ave.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 07:16 AM

Corky great pix. When I was in the navy I took a correspondence course for Private Investigator. All my buddies called me Sam for Sam Spade. It strayed with me till I got out. Never work in that line after I got out.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 07:39 AM
Okay!

When I was a motor sergeant we used to meet our counterparts, the Tijuana motorcops in either TJ or San Ysidro and have motorcycle ride offs--different contests. Those guys were some fantastic riders because of the 'roads' they had to deal with.

Used to meet for lunch at the Cafe Especial in TJ always got the entire down stair room to ourselves.
We really worked closely together in those days and if we had a guy they wanted he would get tossed, south, across the border. If we wanted somebody the opposite would occur from the Baja side.

None of this stuff was done with the brass being aware of it.

No lawyers, no paperwork and the 'system' still worked because the bad guys from Baja still got their day in court in San Diego.

See how easy it is, when someone thinks they know what the law is, to comply with the rules. Totally BAJA related.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We always appreciated it when a civilian tried to direct traffic and help us with our mission. Traffic direction can be much more difficult than it looks. Particularily if you are south of the border in good old Baja!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:07 AM

Diver. Your showing the color of your underwear with your last post. How some people can get offended, when others don't still amazes me. Unless those offended are carrying 'guilt themselves'. I shouldn't post this either, but here goes anyway.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:27 AM
Not a wanna be

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I sure can't understand this post.

OK, so some of you are/were city, county or state police.
No doubt this can be an honorable job.

Seems like many others are wanna-be cops.
That's what I can't understand.
Must be a mnd-set I don't have.
Maybe someone can explain to me why ?

library cops ? school crossing guards ? maybe an Andy Frain ?
I know I should have deleted this one, oh well ! Here goes.

We are not wanna-be-cops. The last job I would want is to be a cop, even if the pay and the hours were good. We do Mobile Neighborhood Watch because we found that Neighborhood Watches in other parts of Salt Lake were driving the crime out of their areas and into our area. It's a pain in the ass really. I don't like staying up late at night, or using my car and gas to do a job that should be done by the police, but they're arent enough police officers because the people don't want to pay the taxes necessary to fund them.

The crime in our area has gone down. It's a small price to pay.

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by bajarich]
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:42 AM

Definitely would NOT wanna be a cop, just not psychologically suited for it. Just appreciated having them around in the bad-ass neighborhoods I worked in at the time. Took the PACE exam once, trying to get into Farmers Home Admin., scored mid 80's- not good enough. Had two offers; Customs in Nogales or IRS in Vegas. Declined both. Knowing myself, I figured I'd be in big trouble sooner or later with either one.:saint:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:45 AM

i suport the cop in every way i pay my tickets, pay my taxes i believe its a honerable job
but then every other job done is honerable too truck drivers put there lives on the line too
so do doctors lawers and indian chiefs ppl working for the electric company, farmers, loggers to name a few a job well done is a job well done
i think it should be celebrated i think its called labor day
P.S. and im non of the above

except the spelling cops i still think they suck lol

jerry and judi
SoCalAl
Nomad

Mood: Hungry

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:54 AM

Wow,
Intrtesting stuff. How is this Baja related? You are on this forum. Hey my hat goes off to all those who have and still serve. I have had my fair share of run in with officers and some are great while other are jerks but hey overall the presence of the badge and law enforment in general allows us to live without constantly taking each other out. Wish there were tougher punishments for those breaking the law and maybe it would'nt be as difficult to walk the streets of cities like Los Angeles.
Cops fish to, YEAHHH..
What a site it would be to see a Motorcycle cop with a couple of fishing poles hanging out the back of the bike....

Question to the enforcers? Why is it that every time an angler gets approached by a Fish and Game officer, they always act like you have something illegal. They never ask have you caught anything, they simply flash the badge and just ask where is your fish! Is that how they are trained? It takes a few seconds to let the shock of the badge sink in and by the time you totally understand what is going on they are already crawling alover your stuff, searching for fish. Why is that? I mena where are we going to go, in the water? Just curious....

SoCalAl:?::)

Ahh Baja.... Where you can hear yourself think & commingling with the locals will humble you.
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:07 AM

Did 22 years at CCSO. Retired on 1/2/01. Left the day after New Years, so the boss had to pay me double for the holiday.:lol:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:34 AM

My wife says that I'd never be able to be a cop...I'd end up on Administrative leave shooting too many stupid people. I was a Firefighter for 13 years which 6 of those were Captain. I'd always go on Ride-A-Longs with one of the departments officers...he is one of the good cops. There are many power hungry idiots on the force but that goes for all jobs.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:36 AM

10 years in California (city police officer and a county sheriff's deputy) and 24 years in Nevada where I retired as a Lieutenant with the Nevada Department of Public Safety, Investigation Division. 6 years in the Air Force as a Security Policeman.

To even things out, wife's father was on LA City Fire Dept. (27's, Hollywood). Died in the line of duty, 1958

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by bajaguy]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Tonight my wife wants me to wear my meter-maid outfit.
Does that count !! :lol::lol::lol:

Of course that counts, Diver... so long as you post photos. ;D:biggrin:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:57 AM

Good Thread!!
I sometimes wonder "What appeals to the Policeman/Firefighter that goes to Baja? Why so Many?

Many years ago while living at Tio Don's Casa near the Hotel Oasis in Loreto, there came by a Long Beach Firefighter-He had just Dove on the Wreck near Cabo Pulmo and Speared a Fish that outweighed Him; Hellva Man!

Sometime in the early years, the first House built by Americanos in Coyote. was constructed on the Narrow Ledge above the Bay by two Long Beach/or La Firefighters-I was told that they had the time to come to Baja Sur and Adventure because of their two week on two week off Work.

Skeet/Loreto
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.