BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: How many BALLET DANCERS on this board?
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Fergit Ballet, how many "Exotic" dancers here, dat's whut I wanna know...:lol:

Bear, your age is showing. ;D

Ummm, what are they calling them now?
http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

oops, that link takes you to Fred's latest column. If you scroll down from there, you can click on "Brass Pole in Bangkok", Fred's latest book and ideal for reincarnation.

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by Oso]

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
pargo
Nomad

Mood: Baja Nomas

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 08:46 PM

:lol::lol: Orale. a quemar chanclas todos vamonos. ajuaa!!
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 09:11 PM
I kin dance

I staggered into a smoke filled bar
'bout an hour 'fore closing time
Dancin' with a sweet young thang
was what I had in mind
I saw her sittin' all alone
at a table in the back
I asked her to dance and she stood up
I damned near had a heart attack!

(chorus) Cause she was UGGGGLYYYYY
UGLY as home made sin
Had them hairs on her legs like bristles on a hog
Zits all over her chin
Coyote UGGGGGLYYYYY
UGLY as ever been
It took a lot of good liquor, and some heavy duty drinkin'
But I drank her on up to a TEN!

sung by Capt. Sam Crutchfield at a bar in Key West

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by oxxo]

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by oxxo]
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 11:28 PM

Well, I did study. Unfortunately I never made it to my toes. I was doomed to the black shoe, never wearing the pink. But, when I switched my studies to horses, my trainer told me to ride like a cowboy, but look like a ballerina. Taking this to mind, the next show I was in, when they called my number I rode out into the arena wearing my dressage uniform, with a pink ballernia tu-tu over my pants.
To bring this back to a baja topic, I have met many people in Baja in the horse business, English saddle, etc. If fits. If only that tu-tu still fit.....
There are some beautiful horses in Baja.

P.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 11:53 PM

PAULINE - OhYeah, Horseriding or ballet dancing - has both to do with picking up a rythm, and with attitude, to make it appear elegant,lightweighted and easy,but still powerful.
I imagine now the tutu over the riding costume - :bounce: love this image - just laughing my socks off, great idea.
In Vienna we have the famouse HORSEBALLET of the LIPIZZANER horses - ever heard of it??!!
That is MASTERY of horse riding what they do.
As much hard work as ballet dancers training.
A daily training of some hours for both.
The quote "working as a horse" is quite common.

HEY Skeeet - waltzing is something I grew up with - isn't it a great feeling!!??Have been listening to waltzes in the craddle already.And keeps you young by heart.

DAVE - sorry for you that dancing is a pain, it can be soooooo tempting, with the right person, VERY sensual.
se YAFEH MEOD !!!! Thats why I'm called PARPAR.

It doesn't matter what music or rythm - every culture came up with DANCING on some stage, the desire for moving the body to a rythm must be within humanrace. And basic rythms are always correlating to heartbeats.
The guys making fun of it - BUT all like to watch it -eh??!!

[Edited on 7-10-2006 by FARASHA]

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 08:11 AM

I thought girls liked to ride horses because it stimulated the... ah, never mind.:rolleyes:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 09:19 AM

:?: OSO - No idea what you're talking about!:biggrin:

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 02:04 PM

Honestly, do I have to do all the research around here? Try wikipedia on sidesaddles. And Oso, what's got into you lately? Some performance enhancing substance, perhaps?

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 02:32 PM

No need for sidesaddles, can do without.
:yes:

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 03:20 PM

Tee Hee, loved ALL your responses to this particularly the tuttu riding Pauline and Farasha, I should have guessed you were a kindred spirit. Too bad for you Dan-O...dancing is the greatest relaxant in the universe, especially a good cumbia in the sand....so Diver did you do your midnight beechy dance for your wife, we're all dying to know!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 03:24 PM

YEAH - DIVER let us know PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 03:52 PM

Let you know what ??

Pervert !! :lol:

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
My wife wants me to dance neked for her tonight.

Does that count ?? :lol:

IT'S Dancing, so it does count, no matter if with or without TUTU. Saw quite some good performances ( on stage!!!!) were the dancers were indeed naked- except for a string.
Nothing wrong with it.
As long as the Audience enjoyed it.:saint:

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 04:32 PM

This Heah is a Good Thread!!

Last week end my wife and I attented my 58th Amarillo Hi School Reunion:
We Danced!! Still not in the Craddle yet, Ya Heh!!
Yes it was Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys;
Note: Every year in the small Town of Spur Texas there is a Bob Wills Reunion upwards to 40,000 people Attend. Yawl come sometime!!!

While going to Aviation Mech School in Memphis Tenn. in 1950, I had the Pleasure of danicn to the Music and Singing of someone you Young Folks may not remember --Kay Starr- Also Jerry Lee Lewis was playing every night on Beale Street--Elvis was filling in for him once a Week.
While Dancin one Night at the USO to "Some Enchanted Evening" I became Amored to a Sweet little Lady from New Albany Miss., thats down near Tupelo. Came back from Korea and Married that Lady.

Dancin can some times Cloud you Senses as again in my First Year at Fresno State college-Fresno Calif. I went to my first Dance-A Square Dance- and Danced with a Little 105 Lb. Blond--Yes Ended up Married to her in 1959. Lasted 24 years.

Now to the present discussion- My Wife Virginia just won her first Ribbons in the Harlter Show at Tri-State Fair- She rides a Cremmelo Mare and she thinks "Bareback" develops Balance.

Has anyone seen the "Mexican Dancing Horses"?/

I aun't in the Cradle Yet- My favorite is still-Jerry Lee Lewis- A Whole Lot of Shakin Going On"!!!

Skeet
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 04:48 PM
Skeet

I think the word for you is---Irrepressible:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 05:04 PM

Shari

nice knees! wait'l ya see me in my tu-tu! george

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 01:12 AM

HEYAH SKEET - great to see that there are Guys enjoying dancing, JERRY is a good shaking!!!!
And your Wife is right - Bareback IS a good training for balance and a great workout for the whole body. Especially for the Spine and the tights ( watch it, that she doesn't kick you, could be painfull :biggrin:)
Never heard from the TEXAS Horses ballet - they are real??
What horses are used for it??

George - you wear that TUTU and I take flightlessons and start PARACHUTING!!!!( something I wanted to do all my Life!!)

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 03:02 AM

FARASHA
The Mexican Dancin Horese are not any special breed,such as the Quarter Horses here and all over the World, just plain Horses that the Mexicanos train to Dance for the Fun of it!

Have you ever been to a "Colera"/Bull Tailing Contest", Around Calif and other States nearly every Weekend the "Vaquaros" find an Arena and engage in the Sport. There are several around the San Jose-Central Valley Area.

Good Luck in you Flying Lessons!
Suggestions: As soon as you get your Certificate; Go to the nearest Glider School and get you Sign-off on Gliders! Also find a Tail-Dragger and get some time.

There was at one time 3 Cessna 172's stacked up at the end of Christmas Valley after taking off from Tahoe Airport to the South- Caused by "Fresh Students out of Reid-Hillview Airport Flight School in San Jose- As soon as they got there Certificate in Cessna 150's, they Rented a Cessna 172, loaded up their Friends and Headed for Tahoe- With no experience in High Alltitude Flying. They were going Dancin!!!

If your intention is to Fly in Baja, I would suggest that you use a Tail-Dragger- Take you Time and enjoy all those small Airstrips that have not been closed by the Federales. A Cessna 182 is Fine if you Fly it like a Tail Dragger.
If you are going to Dance in Baja I would Highly recommend La Paz for the Best Action!!
Mucho Senoritas!!!!

Anon The Preacher
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 04:05 AM

SOOO many things you gave me to do Skeet-- JEEEZE, would have to take a years leave from job to do/see all of it, hopefully I get it done before getting to old,or drop dead from exhaustion.
At the moment I'm on a leave without payment, to have time for my desert/camel trips (tell you those beasts are stubborn, not easy to handle, you got to show them who's the boss first),and diving trips over here (with either Camels or Offroaders transporting the Gear).
Hey I liked La Paz, just never made it to go dancing there!!
Was too busy with diving.

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by FARASHA]

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 09:14 AM

Shari
10 years ballet
13 years tap/modern dance

Started when I was 4. Wish I had some pix to post.

I quit when I danced at a college basketball game and all my high school friends made fun of me. I was pretty thin skinned back then. Still dance a lot and all my friends still make fun of me because I usually dance alone....not on the tables, boys....nor with any kind of pole involved. Just moving to the music.:bounce:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.