Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: How many divers on this board
anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:30 AM
How many divers on this board

I have done some diving in Calif, Canada, but most of my dives have been in Cozumel & Roatan
Here is a pic I took here on Roatan
[img]http://[/img]

[Edited on 10-8-2006 by anmdivers]
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:39 AM

I am diving for a number of years now, BCS/COS, almost whole Red Sea, Atlantik/UK, Atlantik/Cap Verdian Islands, IndianOcean/Maledives,Mauritius,Seychelles,Thailand, Mediterrenian Sea/Croatia and Freshwater Lakes in Austria.......JUST LOVE it to blow bubbles and watch nature at best,and teaching others to do the same.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:44 AM

Diving too many years to count.
Underwater is one of my favorite places !
anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:47 AM

Sorry about the pic, but all mine are to big
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:59 AM

I took swimming lessons at age 4 in south Florida from a YMCA instructor.
By the time I was 5, he had me swimming the bottom of the pool with a regulator and pony bottle. I never ran out and I never came up (except when mom said to :lol:)

Needless to say, I was hooked in 1960 !
YMCA JR Scuba Diver in 1972
Padi Divemaster/Asst. Instr. in 1981
5 years scattered shallow commercial diving
1 year commercial sat.
anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:09 AM

I hope we are as lucky as you, to dive so long. We loved diving so we left our jobs in Chico, Ca. 3 years ago to do what we love. My husband is now a Padi Instr. & I do underwater photos. It is something we will never give up.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:37 AM

Just the other way around with me and my Buddy, then last year he had a heartstroke, now we don't know if he'll be diving ever again. Miss his Pic's and Videos,and miss the company.

anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FARASHA
Just the other way around with me and my Buddy, then last year he had a heartstroke, now we don't know if he'll be diving ever again. Miss his Pic's and Videos,and miss the company.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Alex does not like diving with me because I am alwasy off doing my photos, but I do not know what I would do with out him as my buddy
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:55 AM

OH YEAH, know that, Photographers get lost sometimes when focused on something. And the waiting for them to finish can suck sometimes, BUT I knew at the end we will have BEAUTIFUL pic's. So it was worth it to be patient.
I was always the boyscout, looking for TARGETS, while he was filming or taking pictures. I developed an good eye for little critters and unusual stuff, so it was Teamwork.
Also in difficult conditions - entry/exit in rough conditions, strong currents,its good to have a reliable Buddy, with all the stuff to carry.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:59 AM

I met my dive buddy in '81; 10 years before my wife.
We are of the same species when we dive together, calm and at home.
Although I've been down with many other divers, it's never the same.
anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I met my dive buddy in '81; 10 years before my wife.
We are of the same species when we dive together, calm and at home.
Although I've been down with many other divers, it's never the same.

I know what you mean, If I dont dive with Alex it is hadr to trust someone new with your life
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 12:11 PM

anmdivers,Diver - absolutely agree, nothing worse then to be with the wrong person on a dive.
I rather skip a dive or abort it, when I'm not feeling tuned-in with another diver. There are just 3 divers in my Life I trust fully and feel safe.
When teaching or guiding I am on my own, that is then a different ballgame. And that I am aware of through the whole dive.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 02:13 PM

Can feel the pressure changes going on in my head right now. ;) Never really wanted a dive buddy. :no: Sort of a personal experience.;)
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 04:56 PM

Well I guess I* don't fit in this group, am a free diver, been for 23 years my wife wouldn't trust me with tanks, probably break all the rules and end up not being here. My wife takes pictures, I'm the hunter if I don't have my speargun forget it.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
anmdivers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Well I guess I* don't fit in this group, am a free diver, been for 23 years my wife wouldn't trust me with tanks, probably break all the rules and end up not being here. My wife takes pictures, I'm the hunter if I don't have my speargun forget it.

Become a diver , it is the BEST thing you can ever do, siting there watching the life under water is some thing you will never see up top. PEACE :rolleyes:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 06:15 PM

I was working for Sleepy J bolting together platform strutts in the Gulf of Mexico. Oil prices went down and the rig building/maintenance crews were cut in half. I moved on to more shallow water commercial rather than take another sat job off the Ivory Coast.
Very nice money for a year but sat diving for a living can really cut into your social life !

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 07:17 PM

I do have fond memories but it's not so glamorous when you do 5-10 day dives and another day or two in the tube and come out feeling like you have a cold almost every time.

I remember the jokes were raw, the TP was moist, jock itch was everywhere and after a few days, some guys whine like......little girls.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 07:34 PM

anmdivers

I have seen enough underwater fish to last my lifetime, and to me the excitement (fun) has always been shooting the fish, I would post the 60# Dog snapper but I can't find the picture, anyway that would be bragging.:yes::yes:

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 07:58 PM

C'mon Comi,

Try dropping down to 70 or 80 feet on top of a 200 lb Jewfish sometime.
Maybe explore a wreck at 100 feet that has been there long enough to have some large, tasty inhabitants.
Or spend some time at shallow depths wrestling spiney lobster from there hiding places.

I used to love free-diving to 40 or 50 feet but it's a whole lot more relaxing and less work with a tank or hookah. Try it sometime.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 08:20 PM

Diver

A very close friend of mine, a very good tank diver made one mistake had to go down and get one more fish, ended up flying him to San Diego spent something like 22 hrs in decompression, lived but he still walks funny(no feeling) And as I said I'm the type of person that would do just that. Yes he was certified, had all the best equipment. I like the challenge of looking down and seeing dark shadows 40-50ft and go down to them, just the way I are! Yes spent many a night fighting the bugs. I used to have a Hookah never did like it. Free dive!!!!!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.