Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: GHOST sightings in Asuncion & San Roque
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:52 AM
GHOST sightings in Asuncion & San Roque

As most of you know, Baja folks are very supersticious and everyone has a few ghost encounter stories. In San Roque, there are tons and very believeable....it truly is a haunted ghost town and our beach house is real famous for it's otherworldly visitors. There have been many treasures recovered from the area and supposedly the Spanish used the anchorage and buried lots of treasure, coins have been found in the beach bluffs and in caves on the island. There is even a ghost car which nearly everyone from there has seen, me too, and of course a ghost panga you can clearly hear as it beaches in front of the house...we hear it but never see the darn thing.

This picture has become rather famous around here, everyone comes to see it....it is of the Lady in White who has fun getting blown out the blowhole in front of our home...check out her lovely figure and hair style...she's a pretty cool fantasma indeed!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
pargo
Nomad

Mood: Baja Nomas

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:06 AM

;);) Those darn spaniards just can't let go...even in the after-life!
pargo
Nomad

Mood: Baja Nomas

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Quote:
Originally posted by pargo
;);) Those darn paniards just can't let go...even in the after-life!

What horse power motors did those darn Spaniards use on their ghostly pangas?:saint:

:no::no: Ok here we go with the nomad backlashing...nevermind, just poking fun.

Thanks for sharing that with us Shari, good story!;D
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
, and of course a ghost panga you can clearly hear as it beaches in front of the house...we hear it but never see the darn thing.

maybe just gassing up and continuing north??:lol::lol::lol:
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 09:47 AM

Hey Tomas you may be onto something because there is a famous ghost panga that always beaches on Cedros too..I know some fishermen who have run out of their houses to help pull a panga up on the beach at night that they clearly heard arrive on the beach...but....ooooohhh....nothing there. Same ghost panga, maybe lost and ended up in San roque.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 10:01 AM

Very interesting Shari. I love a good ghost story and hope they hang around until the end of November. You have a lot of interesting things there to explore and see.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 10:20 AM

There are tons of ghosts in San Roque...one of my favorites is the guy who hangs out by the outhouse...our beach house was always the big party house of the village where everyone got together to party, play cards, play music and drink tequila.....my husband's uncle who lived in the house(and didn't drink!!) told us that one time his wife was going to pee outside (at that time there was no outhouse, ya just went outside and squated wherever...but your husband always went with you....so they were walking away from the house and auntie was undoing her pants to squat when uncle says....no dear...not yet, there is a man over there watching you....they both saw this figure in black clothes and a hat...and both saw him dissolve into thin air too....oooohhhh....

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 10:43 AM
Ghosts, Goblins and UFOs.

Posted by Shari:
"As most of you know, Baja folks are very supersticious and everyone has a few ghost encounter stories. In San Roque, there are tons and very believeable.."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There seems to be an acceleration of delusional thinking appearing here recently IF all of these people actually seriously Believe in any of these apparitions.

Despite Shari's contention that " Baja folks are very supersticious and everyone has a few ghost encounter stories", I am neither Superstitious (or even supersticious) OR believe in Ghosts/ Aliens and I have yet to hear any Ghost encounters from my neighbors.

Perhaps those who came to maturity (?) during the time period when Recreational Drug use was rampant are more likely to have these visions.
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 10:46 AM
Let me put it this way...

I'm more apt to believe in ghost than in certain Nomads...:lol:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 10:54 AM

MrBillM....Bah Humbug....You obviously take the world to seriously and fun has never been a thing in your life. I give you permission to have fun.:P:lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 11:03 AM
Still Having Fun

No Bah Humbug.

I'm the first to admit I enjoy Ghosts/Goblins/Aliens stories in writing, on TV and in the Movies. One of the very few TV series that I ever watched on a regular basis was the X-Files. We were so devoted to it that we would arrange our social activities in Baja around it. My reference was ONLY to those who actually believe in those things.

I've probably had too much fun in life, especially when I was younger, but it's all relative. That's why there are thousands of things people do for fun and why we all scratch our heads at some things others consider fun.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 11:20 AM

Real imagination is the key to life WITHOUT boredom.
Great reply MrBillM.

I did not mean "with" Boredom

[Edited on 10-9-2006 by Al G]

Albert G

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 12:08 PM

It's a very small mind and a very large ego which will not open itself to the possibilities of that which cannot be understood prima facie.
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 12:13 PM

wilderone

I second that sentiment!
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
It's a very small mind and a very large ego which will not open itself to the possibilities of that which cannot be understood prima facie.

I don't know if this is in response to my inept edited post earlier, but I also wanted to say I don't believe in ghosts or aliens. Odds say I'm right, but would not mind being wrong.
Makes life more interesting.:biggrin:

Albert G

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 03:36 PM

Heres one from Gene Kira. The glowing man of Agua Verde
http://www.mexfish.com/baja/baja/af011215/af011215.htm
TinaRMarie2
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 04:40 PM

I believe in ghosts, I have seen them before as a child. I know too many people that have had ghost experiences not to believe, and they were not into recreational drugs :)

I don't want to believe in Aliens though......they scare me! :o LOL...
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 06:33 PM

ghosts do exist seen em do NOT like them...lol i'm a wussss.....heehee...mommmmmmmm tell them the story about the candles in san roque...now that is wierd...and mrbill...this is supposed to be a fun post just enjoy it and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean don't be so seriouse all the time...let your hair down and get crazy!!!!!!! :o:bounce::yes:

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 08:29 PM

Shari

Ask Chomo (vigilante, mia amigo) about my recent burning of a picture I received as a gift. It took over 2 hours to burn, even with a liter of gasoline.
This took place to the south of Armandos casita....

Bruha y Diablo, don't disregard "real" evil.

Usually a sceptic Capt. george

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2006 at 09:12 PM

I do not believe in ghosts...but I did see a UFO once in Asuncion. Seriously, in 1997. My buddy Chuck and I were with one of the locals who goes by the nickname Pulga at the basketball court. There must have been about 50 people around watching the game and enjoying the warm summer night. All of the sudden, a light or rocket shot up in the eastern sky and hovered a bit...then it disappeared. My buddy and I looked at one another and then asked if everyone else saw the light....yes....everyone did...how could they miss it...I guess it is a somewhat common occurance according to the locals. They couldn't explain the light but said weird lights were normal. I really don't know what we saw.....

Zac

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.