Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Young vs Old
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:20 PM
Young vs Old

I just can't seem to remember any time in my 45 years of kicking around this Little Bit of Paradise called Baja that any of us have had problems with getting along with all age groups.

I have never experienced it on the old Amigo board and up until only a few weeks ago there didn't seem to be a devide between the young and the old here on the Nomad board.

I just do not understand what happened to the idea of Baja being a place where People really helped and cared for other People.

What really confuses this old fool is when a few of the young fools attack someone and then fall back on--I was just joking--

Here is an idea! Why don't we all just agree that we may want different things in Baja and then just get along with each other and forget our differences and laugh together when we can find common ground.

Just a thought.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:25 PM

How old is old?

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:30 PM

Oh Bernie , its the internet thats all. On the net, that awkward age where you think you know it all and the age where you know you dont know it all just shows up better. Face to face Im sure there would be more respect given.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:37 PM

Just remember that your kids were smarter than you before they were 21 and after 25 you were suddenly smarter than they were
:light::light::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:38 PM

:lol:Mine still havent reached 25 yet Im still stupid
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:43 PM
Two of mine are both in their 40's-----

----but still have grave doubts about me, but are expert at humoring me--------

Thank Gawd that the other two, still in their 30's, think that I might have some useful ideas. :lol:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:44 PM

Bernie, I commend you. You are like a rock we all lean on.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 08:32 PM
Frank

Please see your U-2-U

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 05:03 AM

Got into a dispute with an old guy over something or another once. He got mad and accused me of being "disrespectful to my elders" and left in a huff. :?: An older lady who witnessed the dispute commented "He's just as dumb now as when he was 15 years old.:light: Stupid is a permanent condition.:O
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:04 AM

oh Cypress now you have ruined my day, if Stupid is a permanent condition then there is no hope for my recovery that I have been waiting for.:o

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:15 AM

Very Good Post Bernie!
I too have noticed a chage in the Board as well as a change in myself.

Words are not Actions.

All these years I learned to make Judgements of People by their Actions ,Not their Words; I sometimes wonder if those that will not reveal their Age, Experiences have something to Hide?

I am finding out that I much prefer the Company of Mexicanos to Americanos.
We see the everyday Actions of the Past Generarations and Naturally want to try to prevent them from making the same Mistakes that we as Youngsters Made.
I have come to the Conclusion that they lack many skills of life, the most being their Lack of Responsibility to their Fellow man, Their lack of Control of Their Basic Desires, Their inability to function with Out a Cell Phone or TV.
Their total dependance on the Media and accepting the Media as Factual And Last, the Most important Their LACK OF COMPASSION!!

An Ole Timer who Learned many Lessons by the Hard Knocks in Life, The most important" Not to Lie, Cheatt, nor Steal.

Anon the Preacher
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:21 AM

Now you have done it Cypress.
Beware the wrath of the thin-skinned old ones !! :lol:

Now, if you were to call me "stupid" you would be in good company !! :D

(Bernie, you need more a a life. This type of worthless post shows your thin-skin and lack of anything else to do. It could only have backfired on you. Sorry)

capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:25 AM
becoming a human being

My children - ages 22- 28- have had their various stages of development and each of them has at one point had the light come on and become what I describe as a human being. My youngest had it happen this year- up until then I was a barrier to what she wanted, my vision wasn't her vision, the path to success doesn't have to be this hard, there has to be an easier way etc. Axioms that are the daily bread of the sucessful fell on deaf ears- "Oh dad that's so old school"- now know that I want to facilitate my children's dreams but I know there are no shortcuts to a degree or a job in the chosen field-whtever it may be.

Now that I'm talking to a human being the goal setting and planning for the future is easier and we share our thoughts more easily without the recriminations of the past as you can't really impose your will on others but only hope to influence them by positive contributions. I've always known that I had to step back and let them take their lumps when their choices were less than ideal and no I told you so's are permitted.

Now, that having been said I can only imagine the type of communications perfect strangers might have received from those who have not had the light go on. the internet is a shield to hide behind and throw out a lot of energy and see where it lands. Not every person has a light come on but most do- at least that's my theory and hope as I believe what Winston Churchill said- "I believe in positive thinking as there's no future in anything else."

a new best selling book- " The Power of Nice" really did wonders for me as it was a reflection of what I believe and somebody came along and put it to words and examples. Quick read for those who need inspiration ---Norm

Life is too short to drink bad wine
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:30 AM

I'm going to stay out of this one. I really don't know if I am young or old. I guess I am in the middle but I think that is what every one thinks about them selves.

I think some of you are taking this way to seriously, we need to keep our sense of humor or we are all going to age fast.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 06:38 AM

Bruce, you're middle age and holding !! Don't get older !!!

AARP is trying to tell me I'm old with their recent barrage of mailings.
I ain't buying it !!

Over 50 with kids 5 and 11, I have many years before I can get old and thin-skinned. :lol:
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:00 AM

At 70, I consider myself at the high end of middle age.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Here is an idea! Why don't we all just agree that we may want different things in Baja and then just get along with each other and forget our differences and laugh together when we can find common ground.

Just a thought.

A good thought!!That I agree absolutely with, it's the diversity that enriches LIFE.
Who ever bothers about anybodys age or other personal BIO datas - ask by U2U or better e mail - some have done so far with me! And I have found NEW great friends through it.
The NET is too dangerous a place,to leave too many personal information ready for abuse!
Some reach maturity earlier, some never - so age can't tell about somebodys status.
Some youngsters I met I could learn from, some Oldies I met keep repeating old mistakes. Stuck in the middle - I learn from both. Respect from me - to all.

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:37 AM
Diver

"Bernie, you need more a a life. This type of worthless post shows your thin-skin and lack of anything else to do. It could only have backfired on you. Sorry"

You repeat yourself again! Thank you, I truly appreciate your concern.

At least I have tried to bring folks together rather than driving them apart.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:43 AM

I think we are middle aged until we die then we are old

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:52 AM

Oh my gosh !
No one is trying to drive anyone apart.
Some people are just kinda thin-skinned at times.
Can't I like you and respect your work but still give you a little grief for your faults, as a friend ?

Personally, I am quite used to receiving grief about my many faults from many sources ! (Especially my wife and kids !)

At a jobsite the other day when I got a little too serious, one of the workers says to me "Boy, it must be nice to be so important."
I (almost) immediately sported a wide smile as he was sooo right to give me grief. I had a much better day !
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.