Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Young vs Old
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 11:51 AM

I turned 38 in July, so not exactly "Young", but young at heart I guess...

My age has come up a few times in a negative way here on Nomad, but like David and others have mentioned, ppl tend to say things on the internet they normally don't say in person.

I hope to spend at least 38 more years traveling south of the border.:light:

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 12:15 PM
Ken

Why only 38 more? Do you plan on wasting the rest of your life?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 12:24 PM

Ken...This started way back in another thread when a couple 30 somethings stated people over 50 (elderly) were more dangerous when driving. and then morphed into this one.
Both threads little, if anything to do with age, but all to do with respect you give and receive. It does seem, at least to me, the older you get the more you understand what respect is.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 01:52 PM

I had to fight with AGE till I was a youngster, always been a PETIT, looking way younger as I really was. People tended to treat me different as when the knew my REAL age.
I was so annoyed at times that I got very sensitive about this issue. And after hitting the 40ties I just gave up. SO WHAT - if they think I'm younger - I just give them a BIG smile. And I feel great the last **years -( now go and figure it :biggrin: )

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 04:17 PM

those things are funny thanks Hose A and grover

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 04:37 PM

Young vs. Old:

Food for thought or anyway you take it!

Here in the Great State of Texas, the Rivalry between my old Hi School and Tascosa Hi School has gotten out of Hand, whereby the Hazing incidents are getting downright Nasty, Property Damaging with Paint Guns etc.

I am suggesting to the Amarillo School district that they go back to Hi School Intermural Boxing- The Cowards and Wimps who sneek up and Paint Ball a House or Car or Residence could get a Go in a Boxing Ring woth each other the Night before the "Big Game". Would proably have a Big Draw!

In addiation to that it just Might teach those Youngsters the Manly Art of Fighting. If an intruder with a Gun came into the School to Kill Students as has happened lately, there would be someone in the room who could Fight, instead of running and Hiding , as being taught in the Schools Today.
Just think of the Lives that could be saved by one "Fighting Student" who would Choose to Fight instead of Hiding and be Gunned Down at will while Hiding under a Desk!

Fear is a Dreadful thing, look at the reactions of the Nomads when the Killings were going in Northern Baja recently.

Look at the responders who seemed to be afraid to Post their Age and Experiences on this Board. Why? Is it Fear??

Might it be that they are being Taught Fear by the Schools and their Parents?

Anon The Preacher
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 06:15 PM

I'm afraid to answer your questions Skeet. what if one of those young guys comes up and tries to Peirce my nose or my navel or something .:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-14-2006 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Ken...This started way back in another thread when a couple 30 somethings stated people over 50 (elderly) were more dangerous when driving. and then morphed into this one.

Thanks for the 411. I'll avoid the thread...

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 10-15-2006 at 05:57 AM

Man, did I ever come in on the tail end of this one. Thanks Al G. I was wondering where this thread came from, love the way these trails sometimes take the most interesting trails. If you jump in half way, you can wind up standing in the middle of the trail scratching your head lost, wondering where did this come from and how did they get here anyway.

O.k., so now I get it. Anyway, I am over 50 and I don't even want to drive anything more than my old bike anymore, but sometimes I have to. jejeje................

[Edited on 10-15-2006 by Eli]
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 11:51 AM

As the Oldest Living Nomad, one of the last things I would ever do is try to keep younger people from repeating my past mistakes. Mistakes can be fun to look back on--and they definitely make for more interesting conversations than perfection ever does

And I hope those serious types who object to our occasional silliness will close the door behind them when they leave--and maybe take along with them the folks who periodically complain about bad spelling.

The Nomad board can be a source of information when info is needed, but there's no rule that says we always have to be in dead earnest or use spell-checkers.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 12:15 PM

What's a spell-checker?:o:O
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 12:22 PM

CYPRESS -spell-checker: if someone casts a spell upon you,then somebody is needed to check this out!? but I could be wrong -:?::biggrin:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 12:31 PM

FARASHA!:yes: Thanks! Been feeling a little wierd for the past couple of days. Can you recommend a spell-checker?:) What do they charge for checking spells?:?::o
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 12:32 PM
Who started this thread??

I've been gone for a few days looking for a life.

When I returned I looked at the end of this thing and had to fast backward to the start to see that I had really started it with the title, Young vs Old ( I really did have an idea that that is where it started, but was really was not sure because of where I found it.)

I for one will go the beginning in the future before I chime in on a thread when I really don't know what it is about--been guilty of that myself--Heck sometimes the missed trail is more fun that the one that we started on.

Anyway, I do believe that it should end somewhere along this dusty trail.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 12:57 PM

I plead guilty for deviating from the subject - BUT I just could not resist. It popped up my mind - that spell thing. And then it just happened, out of my hands this habit, to see the funny part of something. Got me into troubles all my Life. :( So sorry -Bernie. No excuse that I'm too young, or that I'm already old and senile.
Will U2U Cypress now, how to find someone, to check out this Spell, he sufferes from.:biggrin:

jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 01:51 PM

the young ones on this group are just upset cause they will not be as good looking and intelligent as the gezzers are viva gezzerhood
:lol::lol::saint::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 10-16-2006 by jimgrms]
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 01:59 PM

I have been putting it off, but with great reluctance, I gess I will join the Gezzerhood. Do we get to carry Zipps.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 02:51 PM

Well I certainly didn't cast a spell on anyone. I checked mine at the door.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 03:29 PM

Hey Lera!!!
It is good to see you on this Thread.
Hope to see you on my short Visit to La Paz. Will you be Home?? Nov 1st?

Skeet/Loreto
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 03:58 PM
Farasha

Like I said, sometimes the new trail is more fun than the original. So don't hide on the U-2-U thing and only tell Cypress.

Lera, Somehow I doubt that you have checked much in your life.---Now! How did he mean that?:lol::lol:

Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.