BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Advice about tourist permits/fishing permits/mulege
JDF

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 03:40 PM
Advice about tourist permits/fishing permits/mulege

I am planning a trip down to Mulege over christmas. I will be camping on the beaches on Conception bay with my wife and kids (hopefully). I am bringing with me a small zodiak type boat with a 7.5 motor for exploration/fishing. Can anyone give me any advice regarding camping around Conception bay? Whats this about Dengue fever? And regarding tourist permits, I have been down around San Quentin many times and never been asked for a tourist permit and never had a problem. Would it be any different south of San Quentin. I have read about check points around Guerro Negro. Is there a way to get permits for boat/fishing/tourist card on the US side before the trip to simplify everything? Or should I just not bother, pay the fine get the permit if asked for it.? any other usefull advice would be much appreciated thanks.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Or should I just not bother, pay the fine get the permit if asked for it.?

I would NEVER consider travelling in a foreign country without ALL the required paperwork. Some do, but IMHO they are FOOLS. Are you a fool????

I doubt it.

:saint:
Family Guy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 07:02 PM
get your permits--no question about it.

you will need them. You will need fishing/boat permit and tourist card. Many have posted on this and other boards about how to go about it.

I'll be down there myself during that time with my wife and kids. Perhaps we can meet up for some fishing--wind permitting!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-16-2003 at 07:41 PM

An easy way to get a boat permit and fishing licenses is thru the Vags Club. Everyone on board needs a fishing license.

http://www.vagabundos.com/index.html

Get you Visa at the border. About $20 each.

You WILL be checked for Visas at Guerrero Negro.

Try Naranjos Campo for camping. Its 8 miles south of the Pemex station just south of Mulege. They have showers and restrooms for $7 a night. Two miles off the road so you will not have noise from truckers.

Have fun:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-17-2003 at 09:50 AM

If you're coming through San Diego, you can also get visas issued at the consulate office, and obtain the fishing licenses on the same street a couple doors away from the consulate office. 1549 India St., downtown San Diego. You can have your visas stamped at the border migracion office, and they will send you right next door to pay the $23 fee. Only takes about 10 minutes. Be sure to take your birth certificate or passport with you when you go to the Mexican consulate and the migra offices. Also, Discover Baja travel club in San Diego can help with all of the above. 619/275-4225, including insurance.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.