Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NEW - The Baja Emergency Guide
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

thumbup.gif posted on 12-18-2003 at 01:17 AM
NEW - The Baja Emergency Guide

A great little E Book just came to my attention. All the numbers, and addresses, even GPS way points, you'll ever need, if stuck in a touchy situation in Baja, are in this little book.

It's got listings for police, hospitals, Red Cross Clinics, Tourist offices, Banks/ATMs, Veterinarians, and even internet cafes. And a Spanish helper for medical or vehicular emergencies.

Nineteen pages of great Baja info and you can download it. SHEESH!! I sound like a paid ad. But really it's great!!

Check it out at http://BajaEmergencyGuide.com
:light:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2003 at 08:15 PM
Looks cool, but it sure would be nice if they'd just share instead of charging 12.99.

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-18-2003 at 09:47 PM

Steph - It's called 'free enteprise;. It's not free, but someone makes an effort to put together something that someone may find that they want and they pay for it. Capitalism at work. It's what makes the world go round. Next time you drive the peninsula you can make note of all the valuable info and give it to us for free. Until then I think $12.99 is pretty reasonable for what is offered. Some will take advantage of it some won't. I am not buying cuz already know everything.

Noah T All
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2003 at 12:06 AM
I regularly glean info that I share for free. I'll probably die a bag lady too.

But that's a whole nother can o worms. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-19-2003 at 07:52 AM

I have to say this book is very much worth $12.99. I have it downloaded (as soon as it was available). Of course I am a fan of GPS and I know how hard it is to find a street address in a Mexican city, so the value of that info. is worth it alone!

Steph, are you saying anyone who wants to write a book on Baja should just provide it free, here? Unless there's a financial reward or at least something to pay the costs (most books don't make money or very much), we wouldn't have all the great info. or stories that Baja authors have provided.

Anyway, I think the Baja Emergency Guide is a great thirteen buck investment for us Baja travelers to have... just in case! I emailed Sr. Salazar that I would like to have his book listed in my web site's book section, too.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mike
Banned

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 04:20 AM
Happy to share

Publishers missed key elements of this important topic, happy to share them,

Mike
Mike
Banned

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 08:30 PM
Take a pill people!

Do it the old fashioned way, safari2002@cox.net;)
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 08:08 AM
Personal attacks

Although I have only heard rumors from just as questionable sources as the hens are accusing Mike of being, I am wondering why my post was deleted when a blatant personal attack by one of the chickens was left on here. cluck cluck
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 09:48 AM

JR, (what happened to Ski Baja?) I think calling people "hens" or "chickens" is not amigo-like, and sounds like the kind of childish ranting done at thaaat other board (so, I have been told). You pride yourself in being 'human' and I know you are a nice guy in person... What jeans said is true... Jeans is also very 'humane' as witnessed by her efforts to help the tiny caged, large animals at the Santiago Zoo. http://landsendanimalfund.org How many chickens have done that?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 05:29 PM
All right people,

And DK, you know I love you, but TUNE IT DOWN and you wont annoy the pigs you poke.
AS FOR THE BOOK! I had no problem obtaining a copy and MANY times in my travels would have paid HUNDREDS for the info provided. At 12.99, cost of lunch, buy the damn thing, it's well spent.
Hugs, M

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.