Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: To Hose A
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 11:33 AM
To Hose A

I was out of town for a day so i couldnt read the response to my post about the cops in baja north. 1st of all i apologize if you think i called you a liar, that was not my intention. But i stand by my opinion that ALL police agencies in Baja Norte are corrupt, and no rookie is ever given responsabilities to fight drug cartels because to beging with. Local and state cops do not have jurisdiction to fight narcotics, a federal offense that only the AFI can handle. So, how come these cops who dont even legally have the power to fight drugs are getting killed by the cartels?

Put two and two togheter, and any long time resident of that area knows what happening there.

I applaud the fact that many want to help here, but like i said, roookies in local and state police agencies are not supposed to be involved with drugs. And regradless of what you think, drug cartels dont just go around killing innocent people left and right.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:13 PM

Jesse...I claim no expertize here, but if you are saying that State Police are not involve in any drug enforcement, this real hard to believe. Every single agency here is. Why is it so different there? I also think even low level drug bust can generate Cartel like retaliations. Why is this entire subject seem to be based on NO HOPE.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:23 PM

I'd say that after knowing Hose through this board, I do not think he is a reactionary. I think he is an intelligent, caring man of action who is able and not afraid to help others whenever possible. I think his opinions are given honestly and with personal knowledge. In this case, I believe he is close to this situation. There are many things in life that need change and a giving, compassionate man that steps forward to help enable change, help others and make a difference is to be applauded, in my book !

I look forward to the opportunity to meet and shake your hand Hose'.
And thank you for the DVD.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Jesse...I claim no expertize here, but if you are saying that State Police are not involve in any drug enforcement, this real hard to believe. Every single agency here is. Why is it so different there? I also think even low level drug bust can generate Cartel like retaliations. Why is this entire subject seem to be based on NO HOPE.

Its in our constitution, it doesnt work, but it is. And i am not a guy who is not optimistic about the future, but personally with what i know wich i am not going to disclose here if i want to keep enjoying baja for years to come. I wouldnt give any cop in that area a dime.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I'd say that after knowing Hose through this board, I do not think he is a reactionary. I think he is an intelligent, caring man of action who is able and not afraid to help others whenever possible. I think his opinions are given honestly and with personal knowledge. In this case, I believe he is close to this situation. There are many things in life that need change and a giving, compassionate man that steps forward to help enable change, help others and make a difference is to be applauded, in my book !

I look forward to the opportunity to meet and shake your hand Hose'.
And thank you for the DVD.

He is, and if he knows that cops personally and wants to do it, thats is desition. I just felt many on the board think theres actually good cops out there who happen to need masks, and i am sorry, but to me and most locals, thats just does not make sense.

Hose A has all my respect.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:44 PM

Jesse...Can you say if you have seen any improvement in the last 2+- years?
How do you think Calderon will/can help, as you indicated in a previous post.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 12:58 PM

I would be curious if any of you, such as Jesse, who are closer to the actual situation would offer any opinions on what it will take to improve the police and crime situation in Baja. Is there anything else that we could be doing to help ?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 01:24 PM

The situation has worsened to the point that armed convoys of up to 10 cars roam Tijuana and other cities in broad daylight. Do you understand what level of corruption it takes for 10 cars to drive around town with 30 or 40 armed men in broad daylight and NO COP notices? do you understand that for that to happen the top brass is either looking the other way or collaborating. And you are telling me this same top brass is sending rookies to fight the very same people they fail to see day after day after day?

To improve things you need at least to carry one these basic steps:

1.-Create maximum security prisons in remote areas or islands where inmates cannot comunicate with the outside world, and cannot meet with lawyers everyday.

2.-Reform the judicial system to reduce prosecution of crimes from 5 years today, to months.

3.-Create secret tribunals where offenders are judged by magistrates from secret locations online.

4.-Create tax crime units to monitor luxury car and home sales in states where ther is heavy drug problems.

5.-Increase the number of military intelligence and assault units dedicated solely to hunting drug lords.

6.-Create laws to punish dirty cops with heavy jail time if they are caught taking bribes, instead of just getting fired like we have today.

7.-Stop looking for Police officers in ads in newspapers. That only atracts people who know what cops do, and are only interested in money. So we have to create recruiting methods that look for young men who have no interest in law enforcement but who are patriotic and willing to sacrifice for their nation.

8.-Give new recruits tax credits, good salaries, good education for their children, loans for good homes, and a good life. And maybe even work out details for those that work in very sensitive stuff , so they can dissapear in the US for years and come back with new identities in Mexico.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 02:29 PM

Good points Jesse .... radical but good. Maybe a liberal death penalty to go along with it as well.

Your first point sounds like Guantanamo. Why not?
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 03:26 PM

The points you made are excellent Jesse. The only other thing I could add is to fire all of the "Old Guard". I think you have to start fresh and get rid of those who have been on the dole for years and have abused the system to the extreme. Also if there is a question regarding an officer, use the lie detector.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 03:33 PM

Yeah .. Good idea. Use the lie detector most favored in Mexico, the Sears Die-Hard.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 03:36 PM

The cattle prod is also good Dennis

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 04:02 PM

Jesse: Your words are indeed Severe: I think it would be very easy to stop the Problems:

Stop the Demand!
Build large Hospital Camps all over the U.S.-
Make it a 5 year Sentence-No buy outs for all Addicts.

Make it a Death Penalty for Second time Drug Dealers- Firing Squads so that the American Public can Watch.

Anyone selling Drugs to Children- Immediate Death-

Anyone caught bringing Drugs to the States- Shot on Site.

Stop the Demand and it would stop the Corruption in Mexico as there would be no More Profit.

All persons convicted of using Drugs would get 5 years Hard Labor with assistance in Kicking the Addiction.

Anon The Preacher
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Jesse: Your words are indeed Severe: I think it would be very easy to stop the Problems:

Stop the Demand!
Build large Hospital Camps all over the U.S.-
Make it a 5 year Sentence-No buy outs for all Addicts.

Make it a Death Penalty for Second time Drug Dealers- Firing Squads so that the American Public can Watch.

Anyone selling Drugs to Children- Immediate Death-

Anyone caught bringing Drugs to the States- Shot on Site.

Stop the Demand and it would stop the Corruption in Mexico as there would be no More Profit.

All persons convicted of using Drugs would get 5 years Hard Labor with assistance in Kicking the Addiction.

Anon The Preacher
Sounds like a Rush Limbaugh statement. Lets get tough as long as it don't apply to I.:lol:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 04:46 PM

Skeet: Consider this. The two most dangerous drugs in America are tobacco and alcohol. They combine to kill more Americans every year than all the street drugs put together. Tobacco kills tens of thousands "second hand". So what you propose is that if an undercover cop sees the clerk at the 7/11 sell Camels to a kid for the second time, he should just drag her across the counter, into the parking lot and shoot her to death. Even more legitimate would be if a law enforcement officer saw a person smoking a cigarette in a car with a kid in a car seat he just drags her to the pavement and puts a couple of 9's in her brain.

Before you start executing people without a trial, Skeet, you'd better be lobbying for reform of our drug laws.

I'm just a radical as you. Most times I see some suicidal bozo sucking on a butt, I just think about how he is causing MY insurance premiums to go up. They don't just quietly die you know...they want their insurance company to buy them new lungs.:fire:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Skeet: Consider this. The two most dangerous drugs in America are tobacco and alcohol. They combine to kill more Americans every year than all the street drugs put together. Tobacco kills tens of thousands "second hand". So what you propose is that if an undercover cop sees the clerk at the 7/11 sell Camels to a kid for the second time, he should just drag her across the counter, into the parking lot and shoot her to death. Even more legitimate would be if a law enforcement officer saw a person smoking a cigarette in a car with a kid in a car seat he just drags her to the pavement and puts a couple of 9's in her brain.

Before you start executing people without a trial, Skeet, you'd better be lobbying for reform of our drug laws.

I'm just a radical as you. Most times I see some suicidal bozo sucking on a butt, I just think about how he is causing MY insurance premiums to go up. They don't just quietly die you know...they want their insurance company to buy them new lungs.:fire:
Don't fall off the soupbox DUDE.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

I do not disagree with you concept on smoking, but the rest of your post is just a twist job to promote your view, sorta like politicians do.

Albert G

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 06:03 PM

I don't see where you get the "twist' Albert. Skeet is advocating immediate execution for selling drugs to kids. Are you saying that tobacco and alcohol are not drugs? Are you seriously going to try to make the point that they don't kill more people than all the street drugs put together. There's no "twist" there. Our drug laws are irrational. The smoking and drinking *tail* is wagging the DOG. Aweful metaphor.:lol:

If the availability, or legality, of drugs was based on social costs alone we would be working on a whole different equation, wouldn't we.

Just for curiosity's sake; do you smoke cigarettes Al?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 07:28 PM

Is that mineral water Larry----If it is I dont need to ask a Mexican

Dave
Elite Nomad

sad.gif posted on 10-29-2006 at 10:08 PM
I understand your sentiments exactly!

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
I wouldnt give any cop in that area a dime.

Here, most of the locals won't give the police a single common courtesy. It's like they don't exist. From a Mexican, that's the ultimate sign of disrespect.

A disrespect most have earned.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.