Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: To Hose A
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 10-29-2006 at 10:18 PM

If you want honest insight into life in the Policia, especially for rookies, check out a film called "Entre Llamas," produced and directed by Carlos Victorica. You'll probably have to google it to find where it's sold, but it's an absolute must-see if you live in Baja.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
The situation has worsened to the point that armed convoys of up to 10 cars roam Tijuana and other cities in broad daylight. Do you understand what level of corruption it takes for 10 cars to drive around town with 30 or 40 armed men in broad daylight and NO COP notices? do you understand that for that to happen the top brass is either looking the other way or collaborating. And you are telling me this same top brass is sending rookies to fight the very same people they fail to see day after day after day?

To improve things you need at least to carry one these basic steps:

1.-Create maximum security prisons in remote areas or islands where inmates cannot comunicate with the outside world, and cannot meet with lawyers everyday.

2.-Reform the judicial system to reduce prosecution of crimes from 5 years today, to months.

3.-Create secret tribunals where offenders are judged by magistrates from secret locations online.

4.-Create tax crime units to monitor luxury car and home sales in states where ther is heavy drug problems.

5.-Increase the number of military intelligence and assault units dedicated solely to hunting drug lords.

6.-Create laws to punish dirty cops with heavy jail time if they are caught taking bribes, instead of just getting fired like we have today.

7.-Stop looking for Police officers in ads in newspapers. That only atracts people who know what cops do, and are only interested in money. So we have to create recruiting methods that look for young men who have no interest in law enforcement but who are patriotic and willing to sacrifice for their nation.

8.-Give new recruits tax credits, good salaries, good education for their children, loans for good homes, and a good life. And maybe even work out details for those that work in very sensitive stuff , so they can dissapear in the US for years and come back with new identities in Mexico.

First of all I think you and Hose A are talking about 2 deferent things that are related. I think what Hose A is doing is to supplement your #8 above buy giving some recruits a little equipment to help keep them alive until they get there first pay check.

second these rookies are being sent out on drug busts. mostly because the more experienced police are afraid to do so.

third I agree with what you say about it is going to take extreme measures to correct this problem. and the ones you listed are all good ones. I think it will take all these and more and none of these are to extreme.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 09:14 AM

A quick and simple look at history will show you that laws and enforcement do not work. Let government do what they do best, tax it. Do away with all laws making drugs illegal and you can put that law enforcement segment to work putting murderers, rapists, child molester, robbers etc away. Put heroin, cocaine, marijuana and all the rest in the same catagory as alcohol and cigarettes and then tax it to the max.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyderman
A quick and simple look at history will show you that laws and enforcement do not work. Let government do what they do best, tax it. Do away with all laws making drugs illegal and you can put that law enforcement segment to work putting murderers, rapists, child molester, robbers etc away. Put heroin, cocaine, marijuana and all the rest in the same catagory as alcohol and cigarettes and then tax it to the max.

What a radical thought for a democracy !!
Let the people decide what they want to do with/to themselves ? and then tax them on the impact it creates ??
WOW !! I kinda like it !
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 09:38 AM

Legalizing drugs wont work when you have a corrupt government. you must first clean up the government then you can start to fix other things.

dose anyone have any ideas on how to clean up the government?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 10:24 AM

I just saw an ad for a new kleenex that kills 99.9% of the germs that you collect into it ........

Sounds like a major social uprising would be needed be the people to say enough is enough. As communications sources improve in Mexico, things will be more transparent to many more people. Maybe then....
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 10:38 AM

Diver...You have hit the nail on the head.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I just saw an ad for a new kleenex that kills 99.9% of the germs that you collect into it ........

Sounds like a major social uprising would be needed be the people to say enough is enough. As communications sources improve in Mexico, things will be more transparent to many more people. Maybe then....

it sounds like that is starting in Oaxaca:light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 10:50 AM

Jesse what do you think about what is going on in Oaxaca?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 11:14 AM
Oaxaca today!

http://www.banderasnews.com/0610/nr-policecontrol.htm
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

Its a combination of many things.

1.-An old fashion corrupt governor who thinks Oaxaca hasnt changed in the past 20 years. (elected by oaxacans)

2.-A combination of comunist, marxists, and anarchist groups who togheter with the teachers, made an explosive combination.

3.-Vicente Fox's failure to deal with the problem because he didnt want to give Lopez Obrador any ammo to increase the anger of the poor.

In my opinion, the federal goverment should never negotiate with people who break the law.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

Its a combination of many things.

1.-An old fashion corrupt governor who thinks Oaxaca hasnt changed in the past 20 years. (elected by oaxacans)

2.-A combination of comunist, marxists, and anarchist groups who togheter with the teachers, made an explosive combination.

3.-Vicente Fox's failure to deal with the problem because he didnt want to give Lopez Obrador any ammo to increase the anger of the poor.

In my opinion, the federal goverment should never negotiate with people who break the law.

I agree the federal government should never negotiate with people who break the law. that would be a good place to start.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 04:51 PM

I'm with Spyderman and Diver...

Decriminalizing "drugs" takes the profit out of it. You don't see any bootleggers running around selling bathtub gin because there is so much money in it, right?

Pot is probably the BEST example of the connection between illegality and the profit motive. Here is a weed that damned near anyone can grow damned near anywhere almost without cost. Because it is illegal, it sells on the street for just under the price of GOLD. People who are willing to break the law for the big money WILL come out of the woodwork to sell it. Take the profit out of it, and you'll take the bad guys out of it.

Interestingly, almost every story I read about a large pot "plantation" being busted in this County reports that the growers were undocumented people from Mexico.

My understanding is that it is cheaper to turn them over to immigration to send otro lado than to prosecute them, they know that so there is no lack of "farmers" out to make the BIG money.

My Congressman, Wally Herger (R) CA-2 is running on a platform which favors reducing the taxes on both alcohol and tobacco, and he rejects even the medical use of marijuana.

We probably have a ways to go.:lol:

[Edited on 10-31-2006 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 08:40 PM

are you talking about the USA or MEXICO or both?

I agree with the USA legalizing but not Mexico:light:

[Edited on 10-31-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-30-2006 at 09:43 PM

That's interesting Bruce...how do you see the difference?

I can sorta see how corruption not allowing free enterprise leaving a place for the gangsters to continue their terror.

If that makes any sense?:lol:

Notwithstanding that goofy sentence, I am NOT loaded!!:P

[Edited on 10-31-2006 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 07:13 AM

I just don't think Mexico can handle it with the total corruption in the government. but if the USA would do it it would eliminate a lot of the market for the cartels down here.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.