Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Need a few Good Writers
kellychapman
Nomad

Mood: heavenly

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 06:42 PM

in all honesty I do not think kids.....under 18 are interested in anything but getting out of the house...partying with their friends....lol....and their own websites....kids want to be with their own age and not a bunch of retired peoples conversations. Yes I see that there was a bit of thin skin in the remarks.....however....I have been there and done that myself at first before getting the message....and felt stupid too...we need to take a chill pill and let it go....and I do agree that it is difficult to recover when we let our ego's get in the way.....this is a fun site and not a place to be sensitive over nothing......and I have 4 sons that would not look even once at this site as it does not interest them in the least....over 18 and old enough to be without supervision......it is too boring for them....:lol:
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 09:21 PM

A good quote might fit in here .

"It's been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues."....Abraham Lincoln

Karen Ivie...Hey, I'm glad I made you grin. Life gets too serious sometimes, doesn't it? Seems to me that should be avoided............especially in Baja.;)

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kellychapman
in all honesty I do not think kids.....under 18 are interested in anything but getting out of the house...partying with their friends....lol....and their own websites....kids want to be with their own age and not a bunch of retired peoples conversations. Yes I see that there was a bit of thin skin in the remarks.....however....I have been there and done that myself at first before getting the message....and felt stupid too...we need to take a chill pill and let it go....and I do agree that it is difficult to recover when we let our ego's get in the way.....this is a fun site and not a place to be sensitive over nothing......and I have 4 sons that would not look even once at this site as it does not interest them in the least....over 18 and old enough to be without supervision......it is too boring for them....:lol:

I think allot has to do with how you raise your kids. some people just don't take the time to spend on there children as they are growing up. it is easier for them to give them 20 dollars and send them to the mall than to help them grow up. and what do they learn at the Mall? My kids would rather read a book than watch TV and would rather be with family than friends.they like this site to see how everyone else looks at Baja ca. where they live and go to school.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 10:09 AM
Thought this was a dead horse, but...

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-5-2006 at 10:17 AM

CPR on a dead Horse aka THREAD - now thats a different skill!!:biggrin:

kellychapman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 11:14 PM

There is nothing more important then how you raise your kids....but what I meant that is most young people who are on the internet are more likely to be talking to their friends...space.com...and sites that really interest them. If they are looking up Baja it is probably the best place to party and spend summer break, not to live here. If parents were involved in the lives of their children we certainly would not have the serious issues conerning youths today. One of the main reasons I live and love it here is the way parents treat their children.....but I still stand by the fact that teenagers do not want to spend their time lounging around with mom and dad with the exception of special holidays.....they are young and want to have fun....and as far as censorship...omg the things they are exposed to makes me sick...so there is nothing on this site that would surprise them in the least....if they took the time to read it.....:bounce:
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 11:58 PM
some moral indignation here....

This has been a fun thread that has morphed into a little bit of witch hunt; having nothing to do with the poster's main intent of finding a contributing Baja writer for his site.

But...it is too late to go back now!;D

Here's another 2 cents worth and then I better get some rest..it's late..yawn.

Ahem...Reading all the sidetracking and spin makes me think moral indignation is in most cases 2 percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent ENVY...can you relate?

Yes, dear...coming to bed now.

kellychapman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 09:39 AM

no I cannot relate to 50 percent envy.......what a waste as far as I see it....however what you say is more then likely true.........
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.