BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: tourist cards
theduece

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 05:23 PM
tourist cards

hello all will be in san felipe for a few days 5-6 curious if i can get them in san felipe rather than at the border
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 06:29 PM

No you can NOT get them in San Felipe. - but for 5-6 days you don't need one. Only for 7 days or more or travel south of San Felipe.

If either is the case, better stop at the border and get legal.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 08:06 PM

Lou, what happened to the INM office in San Felipe (on the left, next to traffic circle/gas stations)???

I know he was opened short hours, but one could get a tourist card there before...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 08:35 PM

Received word from the man in charge of that office that they no longer issue Tourist Cards, either there or at the airport. Nor can they stamp FM2/3s "Entered" or "Departed" here.

The office is still there as well as one at the airport but no longer do these things. I wonder what someone coming in by plane is to do? Guess land first in Mexicali get the cards then fly to San Felipe.

[Edited on 11-2-2006 by bajalou]

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 08:58 PM

Rediculous... sound like a protest of some sort. San Felipe is an International Airport... so it is the same as a border, to a pilot.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

theduece

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 09:39 PM

how far past san felipe can you go?? or is san felipe it? normally I would not worry about it but I'm taking my folks down and they have not crossed the border in 25 years and are a little nervous.
planning on camping at petes for about 3 nights and then???

I'm sure you guys can understand sometimes you just dont know how far the truck wants to go.:lol:

also on the same note do kids need the tourist cards also if so what is the age cutt-off.

thanks for the help guys

[Edited on 11-2-2006 by theduece]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 10:26 PM

The Border Zone where travel without a tourist card up to 72 HRS. is permitted:

Maneadero/ Punta Banda on the Pacific and on the Gulf side...

San Felipe is it... and some officials claim it is Mexicali... That's the problem: no certain rules... There is NO checkpoint in the state of Baja California checking for tourist cards anymore... The ONLY one is at the eagle monument, Baja Calif. Sur near Guerrero Negro

Does anyone who wants to drive to Percebu or Puertecitos worry about having a tourist card on them if they are camping in San Felipe? NO!

A tourism official on Baja Talk Radio even stated that the entire state of Baja Calif. (Norte) was in the border zone and a card was only needed for over 7 days or travel to Baja Sur. Obviously, less government stuff, more tourists and business!

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 11-2-2006 at 05:52 AM

No check for San Felipe area and south at all, never has been, and no one is counting the days you are spending in Baja. The new border is better for immagration, nice and quiet there. Had my FM-3 stamped there in the fall, extremely easy, didn't cost a dime, if you feel you just have to have Tourist Cards. Remember you need either a Passport or original Birth Certificate to obtain one, and you can only retrieve your own, not for your family members.

Back in the old days you could get them from the insurance places, stacks of them, just in case you needed them. But never had to show them unless going below the State line. You definatly need them going below State Line.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.