Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Depleted Stock #4
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2003 at 12:20 PM
Depleted Stock #4

Depleted Stock Caught on the Manederos Reef located about 35 miles outbound from Loreto on a heading of 030. Trolling a small piece of Squid.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 12:14 PM

Am I the only one that can't view this?? Or, are the stocks depleted this badly?
Rick
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 12:22 PM

If it wasn't for depleted stocks, I could afford to vacation in Baja in style for the next ten years.:fire:
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 12:43 PM
Can't view deleted stocks

Nope, I can't view any of Skeet's "depleted stocks" either. Sure would like to. Is there another way you could do this, Skeet? I'll bet, given the chance, I could guess the weight of that BC Halibut.
BeBop

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 12:49 PM

I've a hankering to see that halibut myself. I have caught quite a few of them in the Charlottes and in the Winter Harbour area of van. Isle. The new rules allocating more to the commercial guys and fewer to the sportfishers is worrysome, but if we all yell loud enough that might change next year.
BeBop

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 01:04 PM

Oops! I just realized that I replied to Skeet's post on Halibut on the wrong thread.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 01:12 PM

To all Posters Sorry but that is the only way I know how to do it. give me some suggestions and I will try.
The halibut was caught will trolling on the bottom about 2 feet up. I had never caught a halibut Trolling and this was my First!!Skeet/Loreto
BeBop

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 02:06 PM

Skeet, I don't recognize the format of your photo's (.max). Try converting them to jpeg or one of the more common file formats and reposting. Your software can probably do this quite easily.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 03:07 PM

Skeet, neither webtv nor my computer could open the photo links. If you can, use jpeg. Try emailing one to me, and if it opens in email jpeg format, if you like I will make you a web page to show the fish or whatever is in your photos.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PabloS
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 04:12 PM

I found a viewer you can download and install on your computer at

http://www.scansoft.com/paperport/viewers/

The viewer won't convert to .jpg so your only option is to download the .max file Skeet posted to your computer and view with the paperport viewer:rolleyes:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 04:15 PM

Thanks! The photos are in jpeg. I will try the other waySkeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2003 at 04:42 PM

David. Photos sent via email. Skeet/Loreto
Socalz

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 07:21 PM

converted to jpeg
Brian.jpg

[Edited on 12-23-2003 by Socalz]
Socalz

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 07:23 PM

skeetfish.jpg
Socalz

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 07:24 PM

skeetandjay.jpg
Socalz

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 07:24 PM

rusty.jpg
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 08:09 PM

Just the giant halibut missing? Skeet, I got your emailed photos... but have had a problem sending them to my webtv page builder (they are pretty big files). However, I see most of them got put on the board.. great!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 08:31 PM

Soclaz" thank you for posting the photos. At my age figuring out the computer is sometimes difficult.for being so helpful "I will dance at your next wedding in a Pig Trough" Skeet/Loreto
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-22-2003 at 08:59 PM

The message to this thread. Yes, there are PLENTY of fish to be caught down baja way. Yes, if you are a first timer it is best to hire a guide. Yes, skeet is a really great guy! Keep Hammering them skeet!

If you have never experienced Loreto, It is Fantastic!!!!!!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2003 at 09:41 AM

Thanks for all the kind words:
Yes it is best to hire a guide and being involved in the Mexicano way of fishing that is my favorite way,
If you are on short time and like for some one else to do all the work then one of the Americano fishing guides is the way to Go.
However if you like to get down and with fishing and how the Sea Of Cortez works you need to get a good Mexicano old time Panga man who likes to go different places and at different times.
To all you Yellowtail fisherman if you can get out of bed early or will spend the night near Pt. Lobos you can beat the commercial fisherman to some good topwater fishing about a mile this side of Lobos. Same goes for Delfonso about 2 miles off of Pulpito. Also it you are interested in Lingcod the second small point the other side of Pulpito at about 40 feet will produce some 5 to 15 lb fish in the Spring.
This same location produces some very good size Cabrilla and if you get in the water there is a chance you can observe a Golden Cabrilla.It takes more than one time try.
I have been goimg through my notes on fishing spots and decided to share with all who are interested and dedcied to put them on Gen Discuss as the one on Depleted Stocks could cause the Angry Nuts to start the bad mouthing,but Fisherman usually do not need to worry there is plenty of fish !!!
If any one has questions about a particular area or time of year then Post and I will give my take on it.Skeet/Loreto
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.