Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: mike humfreville has passed away
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 04:53 PM

wow, that's crummy news..........- note to DK - we got a ph call on our DTV system which logs all calls and numbers if they come thru - some don't - from a "Humfreville Mar" on sunday mid afternoon but weren't home to answer it, and the caller did not leave a message. could it have been Mary needing something? only met them once at a VB party via DK in oceanside - i was not close to them otherwise and never talked to them on the ph before, my number is on the website maybe that's how they called.

David K - ????????????any ideas? call me, i am headed to mulege but with a plane load of sams on friday.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 05:01 PM

I am hoping to hear something good... I don't know anymore than what I posted a while ago.

What I am surprised is that this didn't come out until today (Nov. 6th) if it happened on TUESDAY the 31st, as bad news always travels fast.

The fact that he posted for sure on the 2nd is the only twinkle of hope we have that this isn't true. The Internet (Baja Nomads) are quick to share...

Isn't what Mike posted on the 2nd (if that was his last post here) astounding in nature?

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 05:23 PM

I received email from Mary Ann on Nov. 4th. We are hoping this is all a misunderstanding.

P y D

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
marv sherrill
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 05:44 PM

Beach Bob does live near Mike in Bay of LA, and has an ear for everything going on down there - - If true, Mike will really be missed - my condolenses go out to his children and Maryann - If you have not read iIn the Shadow of a Volcano, now is the time to really get to know how MiKe lived and loved.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
His last post was THURSDAY afternoon, Nov. 2...
Very very sorry. My bad. The 2nd, not the 3rd.

Now corrected in my earlier post.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
I received email from Mary Ann on Nov. 4th. We are hoping this is all a misunderstanding.
P y D

Paulina... please give us an update on this. More details?
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 07:09 PM
Bob H,

There's not much more to tell. Mary Ann sent me a group mailing, something to make us all smile on Nov. 4th. I replied to her, but didn't hear back. We email back and forth on a weekly basis.
After reading 4baja's post tonight, I phoned the H. stateside house and left a message for Miguelito and Kevin. Like I said, we're hoping this is all a misunderstanding and that we will see him alive and well in Bahia after the race.
I have a feeling that quite a few of us won't be sleeping well until this is resolved.

P.<,*)))><

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 07:30 PM

this in deed is a sad day our sympathy to his family his writings will keep him alive in the hearts and minds of many forever
Thank you Mike for puting into words what we feel Judi and Jerry

jerry and judi
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 07:35 PM

So many emotions running through my mind at this point. Wish Mike was on his computer to confirm or deny with me, but he's not. The following is an excerpt of Beach Bob's email dated Nov 6 @10:52AM reads as follows.

Mike has always been my friend. We've shared our experiences in life. Cooked dinners for each other. Loaned and borrowed things as needed. He knew my shortcomings and I his. We chided each other as the opportunities arose. I truly Hope this information is erroneous. Then I can open a "Box of Wine" and savor the night.

As always,

Steve, Emma and Daisy

"Ah Christ, that it were possible for one short hour to see the souls we loved, that they might tell us what and where they be." Tennyson.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 07:53 PM

Lets hope its all a misunderstanding.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 07:54 PM

Starting to make bad sense;

Mike's last post on Nov. 2
Mary Ann's email on Nov. 4 (Paula; was this in the morning ?)
Mary Ann's call to Capt Mike - maybe looking for transport ?
(Mike; was this in the afternoon ?)
The Nov. 6 email above would have him passing later on the 4th !
Maybe after driving to San Quinton that day ?
Family in San Quinton would explain the lack of phone response in CA.

I'm no detective but this doesn't seem to add up to good news.
But then, someone was logged in on Mike's Nomad account earlier today ??

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by Diver]
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:06 PM
Sorry

Mike's death has been confirmed and Mary Anne wishes that it be left at that until she can post herself tomorrow. She is with Dave and Juanita at Cielo Lindo at this time.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:14 PM

Our family is very sorry to hear this being confirmed. Very sad indeed. Mike will be missed, "terribly" says our daughter Cody.
Mary Ann, you and the boys are in our hearts and prayers. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know.

Paulina y Dern y Cody

BBBB r.JPG - 41kB

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:14 PM

Baja Bernie can you at least tell us how you confirmed?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

RockhouseTom
Junior Nomad

Mood: Really Ready to Go!

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:21 PM

I knew Mike, but a short time.

What struck me each time I talked to him, or read something he wrote was his love of life and love of all people.

God Bless Mike and his family.

\"FREEDOM\" William Wallace
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:21 PM
Yes, Bruce

I contacted David and Juanita at Cielito Nindo and Dave confirmed it with the message that Mary Ann wanted nothing else said until she could post tomorrow.

She is in wonderful hands with them.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:23 PM

thank you Bernie. we will honer that request.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:41 PM

How is it that I can be so pained by the loss of someone I never met? My deepest condolences to those who have suffered a really devastating loss. Our little cyber community won't be the same.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
ursidae69
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:42 PM

Dang, this is horrible. I wish more people had the gift of writing that he had. Prayers are with the family... :(
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2006 at 08:47 PM

Taken from Cody's blog tonight:

"Mom and I and Dern were sitting by the computer on our baja websites, checking in with our friends. We saw a post that one of our dear baja friends, Mike Humfreville has died from a heart attack. It's really sad news cause Mike had a really nice wife and a really nice family. His boys are adults, but I'm sure that they are sad. They are really nice and I've met them many times. He died in Baja which we all hoped he wanted to. He had a good life and good friends and family who loved him very much. Mike Humfreville will always be a part of baja in our hearts and history and everybody will remember him no matter what cause we all really loved him. It will be really sad cause in a few days we're gonna go down to baja where Mike and his family have a really nice house. It will be weird not hearing his laughs and comments. We'll really miss him and I'm sure everybody else will. We're saying prayers for him and hoping the best that he's really up in Heaven and very happy and no longer in pain. Even though he's passed on we'll love him as much as we did when he was still with us, if not more.
Cody "

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.