Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Services for Michael Humfreville
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 07:40 PM
Services for Michael Humfreville

First I want to thank everyone for their heartfelt sympathy. It means a lot to all of us.

Michael is currently lying in state in the Diaz Family's Chapel in the Diaz compound. Services will be held Saturday, November 11, at 9:00 a.m.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 07:50 PM

Thank you Mary Ann... our prayers are with you and the family...

Elizabeth & David

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2006 at 11:13 PM

Please know that we are with you in spirit.
Our thoughts will be with you and Mike and the boys.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 10:51 AM

MaryAnn,

We too will be there in spirit. We won't be pulling into town until the afternoon of the 15th.

As always,
Paulina, Dern and Cody

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
David A.
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 12:26 PM

We will also be there is spirit. Yvonne and I will not be able to go to the Bay until Dec 22. We sure hope you are home. We will be there for 3 weeks this time.
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 01:00 PM

MaryAnn,
When I told Joshua, Jedidiah, and Alicia, they each asked me to relay their condolences. (After a shocked and sad moment of silence). Mike managed to touch each of them deeply, as he did Pete and I also. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Kevin, and Mikey, at this hard time. May God bless and comfort each of you. Love you all, Suzanne

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
pacside
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 01:11 PM

Hi Mary Ann,
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing your husband but I've read many of his Baja stories. I looked forward to them as I don't get down to Baja as often as I like and he helped give me my fix as an arm chair traveler through his eyes and experiences. He gave so much of himself to others through his writings. That is a true gift. You and your sons are in our prayers.
Pacside
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 06:58 PM

This has been a sad, sad week. Oh, MaryAnn..my heart goes out to you.

Last December I had purchased his book and gave it to my mom. It wasn't until Saturday when I was visiting her that I picked it up and finally started to read it.

His words of wanting to build a life with you had me teary-eyed before the end of the first page. I thought to myself, "Geez Mike…ya got me blubbering already, ya silly putz" (Debra’s favorite pet name for him)…and I made a mental note to email him that when I got home….only I got home to learn he was gone.

Vaya Con Dios, Mi Amigo...

[Edited on 11-11-2006 by jeans]

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 08:04 PM

Mary Ann: I so wish I could be there tomorrow but of course, I can not. However, I will open a bottle of the Zin that has somehow come to have some connection with Mike tomorrow evening and will talk to whomever will listen about how a friend of mine today has been laid to rest. I hope to see you in a few months........
Jim
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 09:07 PM
Our deepest sympathy, Maryann...

...Just returned to Baja Nomad after several weeks away on the road to learn of the sad news of Mike's passing...

Our wonderful memories of your beloved husband during our all-to-brief Baja encounters together, will be a part of us forever.

We've always enjoyed Mike's writings of your family's adventures, and thankful he took the time to share them with us here on Baja forums over the years...

Thank you Mike for the hours of enjoyment given freely to others, and the great stories shared around Baja camp fires.

Vaya con dios, Amigo!

Ray & Pat Cellar

[Edited on 11-13-2006 by Mexray]

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 07:25 PM

Maryanne, I said a prayer for Mike, remembered all of his wonderful writings, and thought about you and your sons pretty much all of that day,and many tears were shed. My heart goes out to you and your sons.Vaya Con Dios Mike....:saint:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.